KK's December Check-In

Author

Cathlete
Good Afternoon!:)

Thought I'd start the new check in. Hope you both had fabulous weekends.

Jennette, how was the X-mas tree cutting. I bet it was lots of fun -- it sure sounds like fun.

Rhea, I will give Georgie a hug and smooch from you -- he's so cute. Is into everything, but very cute -- and he's really good company.

Anyway, it's time to think of next week and the rotation -- on Sat it was IMAX 2 for me -- 8 intervals and today was a short cardio with Cathe and a stretch.

Monday: IMAX3 -- eight intervals at least

Tuesday: Muscle Max -- probably the 57 minute premix

Wednesday: Short cardio and stretch

Thursday: HSC -- the shorter premix -- hard for me to do workouts over an hour

Friday: The intervals from Boot Camp -- I think there's 11 of them.

Saturday: KPC -- probably a premix of about 40 minutes or so

Sunday: Active day off

Have a super day and some terrific workouts!:7

Good morning,
My weekend was good, hope everyone else's was too. Our Christmas tree trip was good, but cold and windy. Had a campfire, hotdogs, chips, goodies.

Today was P90X Core Synergistics. Great workout! I will be going out of town today so won't check in until Thursday. I plan on working out at the hotel Tuesday and Wedn. mornings.

Karen, nice rotation for this week. Hope the writing is going well. Are you near finishing your class?

Hi Rhea, hope the shoulder is improving.

Jeanette

Good Morning!:)

Wanted to check in a little early. Know you probably won't see this, Jeanette, until you get home, but I so hope that you have a GREAT trip. P90X Core sounds wonderful!

It was IMAX3 for me today and my hip is out just a little because of it -- I'll probably lie down with some rolled-up towelds underneath it until it's better. Tomorrow am planning MuscleMax.

Rhea -- yes, how is your shoulder doing? Hope it's all healed and that you are not in pain -- and that you're able to workout, as well.

Have a super day!:7

Good afternoon!

Well, I maanaged to get in two workouts this weekend. I did 1/2 of Cardio Collectibles and an ab routine on Sat. Sunday I did the full Cardio Collectibles. My cardio capacity was pretty good. Hard to modify the arms sometimes. Shoulder is getting better, but I still have to be pretty careful.

Not sure what I'll be doing today. My hip is actually hurting a bit too Karen, but mine is from tightness in the gluts/hamstrings. Since I haven't been working out, everything has become a little stiff.

Jeanette - you are probably gone....have a great time whereever you are going!

Wow, had to find the thread on the second page!

Yesterday I got in 4DS, Boot Camp. Had to modify a couple of the drills since I'm not supposed to do be doing push ups yet. I wasn't sure how to modify the kick butt ones, I just jogged/jumped in place.

I've got to run, court in a few minutes. Have a great day.

Am posting earlier in the day nowadays -- when I can -- that might be why the post was on the 2nd page.x(

Anyway, so glad that you got in some good workouts, Rhea. I don't have the Cardio Collectibles -- I do have some older cardios but not that, I think. Do you like that one? Am looking to update my Cathe library -- mostly cause I just don't seem to injure myself as much with her workouts as with others. Maybe it's form pointers, maybe it's that she so thoroughly warms you up. Whatever it is, since I found Cathe, I pretty much stay with her.

You did Boot Camp yesterday, huh? I like that one.

Well, hope court is going well. My hubby is planning to be here for the holidays and I will be SOOOOOOOOOO glad to see him. : )

Gotta run back to work, myself. Have a great day!:7

Karen -

I'm so glad that he can make it over there for the Holidays. I just can't imagine being away from home for such a long time.

Cardio Collectibles is a Christi Taylor workout. I think you would have a blast with it too. Straight cardio, 1/2 step and then 1/2 hi/lo. She is a great cuer, the only difference is I have to remember that she cues one step ahead. Sometimes I forget and do the motion as she is cuing and then I'm all wonky.

Well, got to finish chowing down the lunch and get back to court! Have a great day.

Good morning!

Yesterday I did the Butts and Gutts timesaver. I swear, my hamstrings are going to be very sore. I actually could feel them "talking" to me last night everytime I rolled over. Whew, I must have worked them good and I lightened up the weight and didn't finish all the reps!

Hope everyone is doing great!

Good Evening!:)

Well, work is starting to come along with the book, which is good. This is looking to be a difficult one for me -- probably cause it's in a time period I've never written about before. So I was glad to get some actual work done on it.

Rhea, am so glad to hear that you did Butts and Gutts today -- that's a tough workout, even with lighter weight. At least I think it's really tough. You know, I am going to have to get some Christi Taylor -- I've watched you and Jeanette talking about her and I'm just going to have to do it.

Things are going well here -- making progress in order to get home -- it's very hard being gone for so long. Very, very, hard, I must admit. But since I'm here I might as well finish and not have to do it again next year or something.

Georgie is doing well -- growing like crazy. Hope things are going well for you, too and I hope that work stays light, yet rewarding.

Have a super day!:7

Good morning,
I got back from Redding last night, did a little reading, visited with DH and went to bed. Was a good trip. Got good news on Monday at work. They signed off on the promotion and the effective date was 11/30/07 so good deal for me.

Tuesday in the hotel I did a Cardio Coach workout on the treadmill in place of CardioX and then did Bryan Kest Power Yoga on Wednesday in my hotel room. I'm still on schedule with my P90X rotation so happy that it worked out. I plan on subbing a lot of the cardio/yoga/ab workouts this time to keep the boredom at bay.

Karen, hope the writing starts coming along. I'm sure you'll find your groove here pretty soon. Hope the hip is better for you.

Rhea, Butts and Guts is a great DVD, one of my favorites now. Glad you enjoyed Christi. I love her workouts too.

Got to run, will be busy, busy at work today I'm sure!

Jeanette

Nice to have you back, Jeanette! And...CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion! Yea! That is really good news.

Sounds like your workouts are really good ones -- am so glad that you were able to work out while you were gone -- not always easy, as I know very well.

Today it was HSC -- the 51 minute premix -- good workout! And tomorrow, I believe I have the drills scheduled from the new DVD on Boot Camp. Should prove to be interesting.

Well, I went out today and bought many, many gift cards -- so I'll be sending those out pretty soon, I think. At least I have my shopping done for now. : )

Have a super evening, everyone -- or day -- and have some terrific workouts!:7

Good morning,
Today was Legs & Back and will do AbX tonite. Busy day at work yesterday. Checked on my Grandma after work. She is absolutely thriving under my mother's care. She's looking really good at age 93. Still dresses up and puts makeup on each day.

Karen, that HSC premix is a good one. Have fun with Boot Camp today. Think I've only done that one once. Glad you got some shopping done. I still have more to do. Need to get the tree up this weekend too. Thanks for the congrats on the promotion too.

Hi Rhea,

Jeanette

OH I forgot to post yesterday!

Jeanette - congrats on the promotion! Great news about your Grandma too. It is so great that she is so active.

Karen - I think you will have fun with the Boot Camp. I really like that one. The only thing is I have to modify so much right now. I just posted a question to Cathe regarding some ideas since I'm not supposed to put any pressure on the shoulder joint (darn, no push-ups, I'm soooo disappointed...lol)

No workout for me yesterday, it was PT day. Progressing along just fine. I am getting more mobility in the shoulder. I just have to be patient and not rush.

Well, better get to work.
Have a great day and good workouts!

Good Afternoon!

Didn't check in last night, but then I know that both you and Rhea don't check email over the weekend.

Jeanette, I'm so glad that your grandmother is thriving under your mother's care. Yea! If I manage to be around that long, that's how I want to be, as well -- full make up and still working out somehow. ;)

Your workouts sound wonderful!

Rhea,yeah, i really like Boot Camp -- it's a completely anaerobic workout, which is really good for my rotations -- plus it's fun! Good idea to ask Cathe some questions.

Let's see -- yesterday was the cardio only for Boot Camp and today was Cardio & Weights -- one of my favorites.

Have a super day and weekend!:7

Hi everyone,

Missed everyone here, and can hardly wait to get back on track. Hope everyone is good.

Just got home a few days ago and still unpacking. However am not able yet to catch up with everyone here on the forum. Just wanted you to know that I'll be up to par soon. However I did manage to work out these past two days. Did some treadmill for 30 min. one day and a full body workout yesterday. But only lightly, I need to catch up on that as well.

I'll read through the forum here in a bit and process that and then continue on as normal. I told my adventures for the two months I was gone on the "Open Discussion". It was a fantastic two months.

Talk with you soon.

Just to add; my picturetrail shows a lot of what we did.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Welcome back, Janie! We missed you, too. Can't wait to hear about your trip. I'm in Florida right now -- away from home -- and on my small laptop and so I can't pull up the pictures here, but as soon as I go to the library, I will. That's great that you have been able to work out a little here lately. So well done.

Well, it's Sunday and I usually go over the week ahead. This week I'm planning on doing the new 4 day split -- so it'll look something like this:

Mon: HIS

Tues: LIS

Wed: Boot Camp

Thurs: Kickbox

Friday: IMAX 1 -- 8 intervals.

Saturday: Circuit Max

Sun: Off

Have a super day tomorrow and some great workouts!:7

Good morning,
Hope everyone's weekend was good. I got a few things done that I needed to do. Got the tree up yesterday, have to finish decorating tonite. Got a bike ride and some golf in yesterday. It was cold but doable.

Today was P90X Core Synergistics, always a good one.

Karen, have fun with the 4DS. Lots of good results reported for that one.

Rhea, hope you are feeling better each day. Any big trials before Christmas? I'm sending DH to the courthouse today to drop off the tax payment.

Janie, welcome back! Love your pictures. How is your book coming?

Jeanette

Good Mornin,

Karen, Since I've been gone I had to let customer service hold my 4 day split until I came home. A few days ago I told them I'm home and in dire need of them and to please send them to me ASAP.

Are they as wonderful as they seem?

Jeanette, haven't been able to work on the book while I was gone. I have a lot of catching up to do in that department. I plan on working on it again tomorrow for many many hours. Thanks for asking.

You are very astute aren't you?

Hi to everyone else and hope today will be full of wonderfulness for you.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Good morning!

Welcome back Janie! I'll have to wander over to the open discussion to see what you have been up to.

No trials at all before the Holidays. So I just get the usual Holiday stress only. Got a lot of things to do this week. But I'm going to get through it! Went to Reno this weekend, spent the night. We had a blast. Went to the comedy club, had prime rib, got all smoky (yuck). Next weekend is San Francisco! I love San Fran at Christmas.

I'm thinking that I will be able to get some sort of workout in today. I would love to do HIS or LIS. We'll see. I might have to play hooky from work to get it done.

Have a great day everyone!

Let's see -- it was HIS today -- those step routines are kind of hard -- but hopefully, I'll get it pretty soon -- I find myself stumbling all over the place -- but the blasts are great and the workouts are great, too.

Janie, you're really going to like the 4 day split series. They are just right, I think. I'm at the library, where I went to look at all your picts -- you are so pretty in that picture -- but I had to look at them all -- have never been to Herst Castle -- looks like such fun!

Jeanette, those P90X's are really producing results, aren't they? It'll be interesting to see what Cathe comes up with on her new workouts. Like I said, they kinda look hard to me. Have fun decorating the tree tonight!

Rhea, am so glad that you have no trials before Christmas. Yea! I have never been to San Fran for Christmas. But it sounds wonderful. What's it like? Reno this last weekend sounds like fun, too.

Am counting the days until my hubby comes -- and hours, too. Have a super day and some great workouts!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.