KK's April Check-In

Author

Cathlete
Since we're almost 1/2 way through April, I thought I'd start an April check-in. Just seemed the right thing to do. :p

Today was Athletic Step -- is that the right name? It was fun. Also, splurged a little and got some new workout clothes -- not a lot -- but for some reason having new clothes seems to inspire me to workout. (Maybe it's just an excuse.) Yesterday was another booksigning day and so I didn't get in a workout -- just busy all day long.

Jeanette, am so happy to see that you're bike riding again -- maybe you didn't quit -- I just didn't hear about it so much -- and that you're golfing and keeping with your workouts. Makes a difference. Those quilts sound so pretty -- and creative. Not sure what it is about a quilt that's so comforting, but they simply are.

Your workouts look good, too. :)

Janie, yes, you definitely seem to always have something creative going on. Are you still making soap? I still have a little of it left -- but I'm saving some of it, too.

Hi Rhea -- I know you're busy and hope your workouts are doing great.

Okay, so here's the plan for the upcoming week:
Mon: Hiit or some other anaerobic workout
Tues: Total Body Sculpting -- just can't beat that time.
Wed: MMA workout -- not sure which one right now
Thurs: FIRM #4 Workout -- full body, plus weights workout
Fri: Off -- have 2 1/2 hour drive to a book signing
Sat: Hiit or IMAX or some other anaerobic workout
Sun: Off -- early meeting and book signing -- if I do have time to workout, maybe I'll do a cardio of some kind

Well, I guess that's the plan -- I hate doing the Total Body Sculpting over and over -- but the time is so right and I need the short workouts right now. I did reorder the Timesaver workout -- would love Cathe to work on shorter, yet intense, workouts.

Any hoo, have a super day everyone.:D

Thanks for starting a new thread. Joey and I will be doing TBS yet again. Joey really like that one.

KK, Good job on Athletic Steps. Enjoy your book signing days. That is wonderful!

I've made so much soap it will last me for years. LOL

I like your week plan on your exercises. It has everything in it to stay in tip top shape. Good for you.

Janie

Good Evening!

Busy, busy, busy. Rhea, I think you're busy, also, right?

But I've been keeping up the workouts. Somehow, it's nice to do the workouts when I'm so busy. It helps to blow off steam sometimes. Helps to keep me going.

So yesterday I did the pyramid Hiit and today was, indeed, Total Body Sculpting. The time is so good. I really need to go to the site and recommend that Cathe do a whole new Timesaver series. I just can't take the time for a full hour -- I try sometimes to do another workout at night, just to get in a little more of a workout, but it's difficult.

Thanks for your thoughts, Janie. Hi Jeanette! Hi Rhea!

Hope you are all doing well. I'm still doing touring and book signings.

Have a super day! :)

Hi all,
Have had some internet connectivity issues, but hopefully that's resolved. I'll post tonite if I get a chance.

Karen, glad you started the new thread. Yep, the constant in your busy life is exercise, and that's a great thing as I see soooo many people, my relatives included, that neglect it, and it shows in some not so desirable health issues. Yep, I'm still cycling, but not the long distance rides I used to do, more like once a week. With golf, I just don't have the time to spend more time on the cycling, though I still love it. We are meeting after work today for a ride, which will be fun.

Today was 4DS Kickbox, then the corework from it. Yesterday was STS Disk 21 for Back and Biceps, Monday was a rest day, Sunday was STS Legs Disk 20. Saturday was Imax2, the entire thing (don't fall down). Also played golf with the ladies group on Saturday and I shot my all time low (92) that day. I really think the core work is helping me be steadier with my swing.

Hi Rhea and Janie!

Did MM with Joey today.

KK, Where are you touring and where are you when you sign books?

So glad you can keep up with the workouts. You are so good.

Jeanette, I know about internet problems. It's a bummer. Have fun and with your bicycle ride today.

My relatives are the same way. They are starting to have health issues too. I'm worried about them.

Wow! You've been busy with a lot of exercises. Good for you. I love it when you make time for the things you also enjoy.

Rhea, I miss you, haven't talked with you for awhile.

Have a great day everyone,

Janie

Hello! I'm here, just haven't been able to post lately. DH hogs the computer when we're home and I don't get a lot of time to post at work.

Wow, I can't believe that April is half over. KK - you're so right, busy, busy and I don't even know with what? I sometimes feel like all I do is chores, which gets a little irritating, but somebody has to do the laundry! lol It will get busier before it gets slow. Between building the new house (which hasn't started yet), being the installer for the floors, tile, etc., (I do a lot of my own installations) and getting this house ready for sale next year (digging out dead plants, cleaning the pond finishing up unfinished projects, etc) and just plain work, I just have to give up some things, like golf. Darn. But I will be living next to a golf course by this time next year, so I'll be ready. (oooh, I just remembered that it means I have to move all that crude in my house...yuck:confused:)

Okay, so workouts, I've been pretty good with keeping up. Weekends I tend to fall apart and be too busy or lazy to workout. Monday - no run in a.m. cause no good sleep that night. But made up for it with BBL's Cardio Axe and then High and Tight. Yesterday was Sculpt from that series....can I say, wow, surprised me. Thought I would breeze through it and I did for the most part, but last night, I was tired and a bit sore. Some of the exercises I had a bit of trouble with, like the darn mermaid move. Great move for the abs and chest....you sit like a mermaid, place your hands on the floor in a push up position at the side of you, then lower chest to floor, push up and then lift legs and switch them to the other side and lower them close to the floor in that mermaid position. (don't know if that is a good description or not, Janie can correct me if I missed something) You are not supposed to touch your legs back down on the floor unless you are level one (totally level one here!)

Today should be Cardio Axe and Bum Bum. I think.

Wow, I keep yaking! Better get back to work. Have a great rest of the day everyone!

I've read the posts but I'm getting ready for the cruise to Panama and beyond.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I won't be on line until I get back, then will catch up on what everyone is doing.

I'll try to post tomorrow but it's doubtful.

Wish me luck!:D See you on May 5th or 6th.

Janie

Good Evening!

I know I've been MIA for a bit, but these past few days have been tough -- and exhausting -- 8 then 17, then 15, then 10 hour days respectively. I am going to catch up on your posts tomorrow. For now, I'm off to do a little exercise before bed and then off to bed.

Have a super day tomorrow. I'll catch up tomorrow.:D

Hi all,
Thought I'd catch up here. No workout this morning as Monday is my usual rest day. However, I woke with a sore throat, but went to work anyway as I have a ton of work to catch up on. Tomorrow is a trip to the vet in Reno for Lexxie's knee (healing nicely).

Sunday's workout was STS Disk 22 for Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Saturday was golf and a bike ride. Friday was hmmmmm, some Christi Taylor step and abs. Thursday was a rest day. I'm really speeding my way thru STS aren't I? :p

Weather is crappy today, rain tomorrow. We had such a nice weekend.

Rhea, you seem to keep up with the workouts, in spite of all the projects you have going. Great job!

Karen, wish you weren't so doggone busy, but then again, that might just be your comfort zone. Me, I'm getting lazier in my old age :p.

Janie, have a wonderful time on your cruise. Someday, I'd like to do that too. We'll miss you.

Jeanette

Well, looks like we've all been really busy. I'm playing hookie (with paid vacation that is) from work until the end of the week, so I'll try and visit a bit more. But you know me.....lists, projects, etc. And sometimes they aren't even my projects, darn it.

So yesterday was Cardio Axe and High and tight. I even made it through High and Tight with minimal cramping in bum bum at the end. So I might have to add the eeek, ankle weights next time, ooh, which is tomorrow. Today was sculpt and a massage. Now I;m going to tackle getting this computer room straightened up and a new fax/printer installed. (thanks to DH's second job and I have no idea where it is going to go....err.)

Janie - I know you won't see this until much later. Hope you are having a great time on your cruise. Didn't know you were getting to go do that! I would love to go on a cruise one of these days. But first, a house to build, then the fun stuff.

KK - how's the touring going? I bet you are keeping up with the workouts at the same time. Hope it is all going well. I know how it is to get on the computer after having a really long day. So we'll "talk" when you can!

Jeanette - darn this weather. I knew ahead of time that it was probably going to "snain" or snow on my short little vacation, but I'm still bummed that it actually did. I guess all the indoor stuff is what I can get done.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Okay, to work., looks like we've all been extra busy.

Good Evening!

Hi Jeanette & Rhea & Janie (Janie I know you're gone for a while)!

Yeah, busy, busy. If I'm not on the road going from bookstore to bookstore, I seem to be at home going from one romance site to another. :)

Looks like you are both doing really well on your workouts. I so admire that. I'm keeping up but just barely. 1/2 hour a day -- and 15-20 minutes at night before I go to bed -- either with Cathe or with my dogs. ;)

Mon was Hiit -- I think the Pyramids cause that's my fav. Next day was Total Body Sculpting with heavier weight (heavier than what's used in the workout). Today was Cardio Core and a little of MMA Boxing. That MMA Boxing is a really good workout. I thought for sure I wouldn't like it, but I do like it.

I've another 3-4 weeks of touring -- will be touring all the way to Florida, where I'll be fore a couple of weeks, and then touring all the home again. : ) And the book signing will continue through June.

Well, must get to bed. Miss coming and talking and am hoping that I'll catch up and come July/August life will be back down to its more normal rhythm.

Have a super day tomorrow! And keep those workouts going. You do inspire me to keep at it.:D

Hi,
Darn, my computer just crashed but I'll try to recreate. I've had a cold all week so haven't worked out at all. Did walk 18 holes of golf yesterday and today, so got a little bit of a cardio in. Also got to go out to the woods with DH and the dogs to air out. It was nice and relaxing.

Rhea, hope you got lots accomplished on your vacation. Wasn't the weather beautiful today? Looks like we have a couple few days next week of the same old...

Karen, know you are busy traveling and all. Good for you for keeping up with the workouts. I'm going to change up my routine starting next week. I enjoyed the rest week. I'll be switching to something different than STS for a while.

Hi Janie, hope you are having a blast!

Wow, were we buried!

I managed to not workout on my vacation time! Too much to do around here....lots of housework, Trip to Reno. Well, I guess you can consider unloading about 65 boxes of flooring (most of them about 100lbs, DH and I had to double team it) a workout. Also the shoveling of a yard of sand today out of the truck...oh I did walk this morning. We've decided to walk for a while instead of running.

Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things tomorrow. Hope you are all doing well. Talk to you later.

I've now managed to take a longer break from working out! LOL

I guess I decided that I need a total rest. Just not into it right now, could be the rainy weather. But I probably could use an enforced rest before I start up again. I think I'm going to be doing a contest challenge with BFFM for the summer, so I'm reading up on the method again. Takes a lot of work and I just have not taken the time to figure out the calories for me, the deficit I need, and then what I need to do for the cyclic type of eating....so I'm off to read. Have a great rest of the day. I hope everyone is doing great and not working too hard.

OKay, so I'm conversing with myself. Everyone is so busy....sigh....

Well, I'm only procrastinating at work....did not workout yesterday. I cooked dinner, made our lunches for today and then vegged. I didn't even get to the sewing I wanted to do, darn it. Tonight, my goal is to be able to sew for a couple of hours (leftovers for dinner it is....)

Hope all is well!

Hi all,
Well, I finally worked out! Last week was pretty much no workouts due to my cold and just needing a break from working out. Monday was a rest day, Tuesday I was all ready to work out in the morning, but we had a power outage so that was out. I did get a walk in around our block on Monday and Tuesday. Today was Cathe's Travel Fit. Good little workout. I enjoyed it, plus I did a walk with the dogs around the block tonite. So tired of this icky weather, but looks like after Thursday, it will be better.

Rhea, I would definitely count all the lifting and loading/shoveling you did as a workout. I think sometimes we just need to get away from the "formal" workouts for a little bit. Hope you can get to some sewing. I need to go buy some batting to finish a lap quilt I'm working on.

Hi to Janie & Karen!!

Good Evening!

Wow! This is turning out to be one heck of a tour, in terms of my time. Not only am I on the road most of the day, but when I get home at night, instead of being able to relax and fall into bed, I have online touring to do...blogs, chats, facebook diary, etc. I've hardly had a moment to draw a deep breath.

Today, though I'd planned on being on the road, was so full of blogging and scheduling and such, that by the time I'd finished all my blogging it was 6:30 PM. And it was such a beautiful day out -- but I spent it almost entirely inside -- blogging and chatting and setting up Facebook and such.

I've put in about 3 weeks of this now and have about 2 1/2 more weeks of intense touring and then it should simmer down to a book signing, chat, blog on Saturday, etc.

I have been keeping up my workout, though I couldn't tell you what they are right now. And I'm trying to keep in a workout in the evening -- even though once I almost slept through the workout. I fell into bed when it was over.

But at my age now, it seems if I don't do it, that dratted weight creeps up there.

Sorry, Rhea, that you felt you were talking to yourself. I do think all those boxes counts as a workout. 100 lbs. Goodness. I can't imagine. These workouts must really be doing you alot of good.

And Jeanette, your workouts look terrific. Tell me, is the fit travel workout a combination of cardio and weights? I haven't done it yet. I love this new series, though and find my hand reaching for it often -- but I'm also doing some of the older FIRMS that are cardio & weights -- but only about 40 minutes long.

Have a super evening! I'll try to check in more often. Only about 2 1/2 more weeks -- and then onto the next crisis...:confused: This just seems to be my life right now.

Have a super day tomorrow, too!:D

Good Morning!

Please forgive my quick post. I am exercising -- and my weight's a little up. But with the tour and all, it's hard for me to get to the forums.

Yesterday and today is 1/2 -- 1/2 of Cardio & Weights -- also keep trying to get in that 10-15 min. workout at night -- helps me to keep my weight in check -- but last night as I sat at my computer, I noticed that I was falling asleep at the computer.

Time to go to bed.

Have a super day!:D

Don't worry, KK, we'll miss you, but understand. I haven't had much time myself for the forums. So much to do in prep for the summer. Oh well. I haven't been working out lately, took a break. But I'll be back at it soon. Have a great rest of the week and try and get some rest!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.