kkkKettlebell...mmmMonday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Ugh! Monday.....I had a rough time getting out of bed this morning. We had such a whirlwind weekend, with hardly any down time!!! workout went well though: http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/
since we read all the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, we saw the movie this weekend. The boys - and I include my DH in that- really liked it. I thought it was just okay.

Marcy::: glad you are still with us :):) don't work too hard!;)

Jane::: YIPPEE!!! for the faster time in your race!!

Gayle::: Glad you enjoyed your skiing. Hope being a slug was fun!

Melissa::: WTG with the pullups and the whole heavy day!! According to ETK book, once you can press 5X5, you are ready to move up to the next weight!!!!:):):) I think you have a test day next saturday to try the next weight up and then do your last c&p workout of 5X5 and then you are done!!! yes, what is it about the left side!!?? so incredibly frustrating!!:confused::mad: if it weren't for my left side I would be at 5X5 too:mad:

Rhonda::: Great job sticking with your goal! Are you back to school today?

Have a groovy Monday everyone!:cool:

Hi Everyone,

This is going to be a crazy week for me so I'm not sure if I will be around much. Mom's surgery is tomorrow and we are all staying in town tonight to get her settled and everything. We are hoping for an early surgery time tomorrow but you never know. My sister from Illinois is staying until the 31st so I'm happy she is stepping up to the plate for mom. I am very appreciative that she is giving us these 2 weeks.

Melissa ~ I just wanted to say again that you ROCK!!! I have heard of the The Viking Warrior but I have no knowledge about it.

Deanie ~ I'm in the middle of The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo and I'm loving it. I probably finish it tomorrow as I will be at the hospital most of the day.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!

I didn't want to get out of bed either. It is raining and dark. The room I workout in faces the north and there still wasn't any light! :( I still got through it, though, and I was jamming so after a while I didn't even notice what was going on outside. :D

I did 5x3, absolutely no problems, breezed right through it and only took breaks to write "no break" or write other notes. I finally felt my heart rate pick up in the 3rd rung.
Snatched for 12 minutes, and it looked like this:
30# 5l, 5r
30# half snatch 5l, 5r
25# 10r,l, 5l,r

and I rested until I caught my breath, probably about 30-40 seconds. I got 4 rounds in. I really focused on snapping and squooshing my tush and that really helped a lot for some reason. I am really starting to like snatches now - it is just like the TGU, it was okay at first, felt unfamiliar, but now that I have started getting everything down it feels incredible! I can't believe how much I have grown during this rotation. I have no idea what I am going to do next! I was thinking about Viking Warrior Challenge - anyone tried it? I will go peek at Dragon Door. I know the thing that everyone is talking about over there now is Convict Conditioning, and that looks pretty fun - well, it looks like my kind of fun. :p

Deanie, I thought about moving up, but I feel like I need to work on my left side more. I even had trouble with it today, and it was suuuuuch an easy day!
What's the word with school?
I think that Diary of a Wimpy Kid is such a boy thing! DS was telling me about Rodrick and his friend (or is Rodrick the friend?), and cracking up over things that I just did not get. It will be a fun date with DS though. I think that DH will take him, though, since the only thing the two of those really do with each other is shoot. DH is most concerned about raising DD to be confident and self-assured so that she won't get into trouble with boys (you know, like the he and I did? ;):p) so it will be good for him to take Layne out.

Marcy, I watched and tried to try Lisa's DVD - I just couldn't get it! I don't know if it was the cuing, but I am just not good enough to keep up with her. I do think that she is very beautiful when she moves! I think I will send it back, though, because it doesn't fit me. But if you can keep up with her, holy cow you must be awesome! :eek::cool:

I am off to start the day with my boys. I absolutely love homeschooling. heartheartheart!!! I talked to Layne over the weekend and he told me that he absolutely loves learning and he wishes that his friends could know what it feels like because they all hate school. I have gone back and forth over what is best for the kids, but this just really really gave me confidence. My kid loves to learn, something that DH and I didn't even know could be enjoyable until we were adults. We are homeschooling DD next year because of more budget cuts and they are getting rid of program she in. They will now have no advanced programs. But the administration all got raises, and we are paying for the Super's car, gas, 10% raise and increased clothing allowance. :mad::mad::mad:

Gotta run for real now - sorry for the rant!

Melissa

Hi Ladies!

Deanie - Nice workout! I share your opinion of the Monday...I did NOT want to get up! :eek:

Jane - Sending good thoughts for your mom's surgery. I'm glad you sister can be there to help out.

Melissa - *makes note to buy lamb and eggplant* :p Good workout! I've seen the ads for Viking Warrior Challenge, but have no idea what it is. I'm LOL at your daughter's taste in movies! :) I have Zombieland in my queue, but haven't gotten it yet.

Hi Marcy and Rhonda!

Today is swings. I think I'm going to bag PTTP and just stick with ETK for now. I'll save DLs for a variety day.

Have a good day!

Good Afternoon!

Jane::: I hope all goes well for your mom! Glad your sister will be around :) If you like GWDT, you will LOVE the next in the series!! I liked it better than the first!

Melissa:::Great workout today. Good job with the snatches!... I just think it takes a few times with the heavier weight to "get your groove on" with snatches. and yes, the hip snap is KEY!....I don't know anything about VW, but they do discuss it alot on DD. After ETK, I think I am going to do SIM/Resolution for a while and then pick up again with PTTP towards the end of the year.

Gayle::: So funny, I also started dl'ing during the pm of ETK, and then dropped it! I just think its too much. Also, I read on DD forums, the swing works all the same muscles as the dl.

Here's what's happening in school: there are only 29 kids enrolled in the whole school as of today:eek::eek::eek::(. 14 are 4's. Right now there are 2 fours' classes. with 14 kids that is only one class with 2 teachers....so 2 teachers aren't needed.....basically no one's job is secure right now. so we are hoping to have more kids enroll, and I also am going to start looking for something, but its hard to look for something for Sept. - now.... But, because we now offer new longer hours:
old hours: 9:30 am to noon - school
enrichment/late stay noon -2pm
new hours: early drop off: 8am
school - 9:30-1pm
enrichment - 1-3pm
late stay till 6pm

we are hoping everyone can have a job, we will just work shifts or something. so basically, I still don't know anything!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Waves to Marcy and Rhonda!

Have a great rest of the day!!!

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. Mom's surgery is tomorrow afternoon and she'll have to be in the hospital for 5 or 6 days. :confused::confused::confused: This is due to her having to be on a blood thinner (she is off it now) and because she has a heart arrhythmia.

Deanie ~ I hope everything works out at your school. Things are really iffy right now at my job.

I just to have a boring and routine life. I really miss it right now.

I'll be back on Wednesday if all goes good tomorrow.

While we are on the subject of "iffy jobs", DH is in a pickle - or it's a blessing, I don't know yet.

His boss was dating the bookkeeper. She broke up with him because he is a whiny, emotionally immature mama's boy (at 50 something) so he fired her. He doesn't know how to keep the books, so he just isn't doing anything. DH just found out that he hasn't been paying any of the creditors, keeping up with orders or PAYING STATE TAXES!!! :eek::eek::eek: He has a photography business on the side and that's where he spends his time, he has no idea what's going on in the store and when he's there he mucks everything up. Where that's good is now DH has some leverage to be able to buy this guy out. DH runs the entire store as it is, knows all of the costumers, and the only reason that he isn't doing any of the books is because he refuses to take on any more responsibility w/o some sort of a deal. DH has been with this guy for 20 years and feel very loyal to him, so he feel really badly about everything but he knows that if this guy continues on the way he is everyone will be out of a job. The only thing is, that DH isn't sure that his boss will agree to anything until it's too late. :( I think that his boss may be sorta like yours Jane. DH had to walk out a while ago because his boss just lost it and started putting everyone down to cover up his own incompetence. Grrr!!!

HUGS TO EVERYONE! *sigh. May the Force be with us.

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.