++Kick Up Your Heels MELTERS! It's Friday! ++

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just getting us started.. I did the I-Tread Drills workout today, pretty kickin one, I must say!

BB in a bit.

Deb:)

Goodmorning Deb. How was it working out after your short break?

Today's planned workout is 4DS Kickbox and legs. I may substitute In the Ring for the kickbox. Depends on how much energy I have left after work. Sounds like everyone likes Amy's HiLo Kickthingie. I may have to purchase it. DH is taking all the mothers out to dinner tonight.

I'll be back later to see what's up with all you melty ladies. Bye for now.

Morning all!

Just finished with 4DS LIS. I managed 15s where Cathe used them!

Deb - which one is the iTread Drills? Which number?

Robin - where are you being taken for dinner?

I'm so very glad it's Friday! And the forecast is nice for the weekend too! And Sophie comes home today! YAY!

Now if only my boss would STOP BEING CRANKY, life would be ooookay;-)

Hi, I'm back,

Robin:

It was not bad getting back into the swing of things after a short break. Sometimes I think my body just tells me to take these breaks "or else!" LOL..How sweet that your DH is taking all the mothers out for dinner!

Shelly:
Cudos to you for keeping up with our Cathe! The I-Tread drills is number 27...it's a 35 minute one, has some inclines, sprints etc. I like it a lot. Nice that Sophie is coming home this weekend. Is today the day you start your summer hours at work?

I have to go eat and walk the dog...I will be back again!

Deb

I'm back again...

Tneah:
You are so sweet to send another bottle of serum...it was my stupid fault for putting it in my cosmetic bag...I love being sore from weights! It keeps reminding me of how much work I have done. I was so looking forward to seeing what dresses you picked out! Do you use I-Train for your eliptical workout? if not, how the heck do you stay on it for more that 5 minutes? Was the other dog on a leash? what did the owner do?

Kara:
LOL at the stuff your DD was gathering! Yes we are getting a new puppy the weekend of 6/5-6/7. We have to fly to Chicago to get him. I missed something...is Colin your DH or DS? Poor Emma!

Shannon:
No I am terrified of the upper body pre-mix on 4DS! :eek: ..Sitting listening to the rain...how lovely that sounds!

Lainie:
Great that DH gets a subsidy for excercise stuff! where will you be going to shop for your spinning bike? Your DH sounds like mine...he would never eat that stew because it doesn;t have meat in it.. He'd say, "go ahead and have that, I'll warm up a couple of slices of frozen pizza"! You should try to get to work out with Amy if she is only a half hour away!

Shelly:
Hope your crampiness goes away for the weekend!x(

Leanne:
I bet you had a long day yesterday! Hope we hear from you later..

Have a great day!

Deb

Hello Melters.

Gotta be quick, Sat AM is SB again!! I feel confident about this and need to do it and want to.

Sunday, I'm going on a road trip south of here, still in MI, where the job market is alot better. Going to investigate the area for cost of living, homes for sale, churches, etc.. It's not a big deal yet cause the idea might fade away on Sunday. More than a few options for a new career.

Have a Great Day!!

Good morning, Melters.... HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

Robin - hey, I'm doing 4DS kickbox/legs too!! Enjoy your Mother's Day dinner tonight!

Shelley - good job on the 15s! I had just worked up to them when my shoulder screwed up. Now I have to start again. Doesn't it make you feel STROOONG?

Deb - oh come on, you have to try that premix. }(

Jennifer - good luck on the RT and job search.

My dad and BIL are supposed to install two new ceiling fans today. I'm afraid that may ruin my workout plans, depending on what time they get over there. Oh well. I guess I'll survive... even if it means that this will be the third day off this week! Yikes. I really want to do the 4DS KB though. I've never done it before.

This weekend will probably be quiet, which is just how I like it. I hope everyone else has a relaxing weekend too.

Hooray for Friday!

I'm feeling a bit down since I weighed myself and I've put on 1.6 pounds. I'm retaining water, though, since my rings are really tight, so I won't stress about it too much. My body fat went down, so I'll take it as a good sign!

So yesterday was definitely a long, odd day. In my 9:30 class, someone came in and said that she had just seen two men on campus with guns, so, naturally, it created a bit of a panic. It turned out that there had been no guns, but there had been some sort of altercation. Campus police had to talk to her and me, but fortunately it was nothing serious. Then, after teaching two more classes, I ended up doing research essay conferences for about 4 1/2 hours with students from one of my classes; half of them were supposed to come on Tuesday, but many of them asked if they could switch to Thursday, and I let them. It's nice to work with students one-on-one, but it is very draining.

Deb -- Yes, the spinach shake wasn't all that great. I don't think I'll be trying it again. Sounds like the work trip was fun, but you must really be looking forward to getting that new puppy soon!

Robin -- Thanks for posting that delicious recipe! I think I'll try it next week. DH is actually good about eating non-meat things since I used to not eat any meat at all, and now I can only eat chicken if someone else cooks it.;-) So he's game for eating tofu, etc. Nothing's been resolved about his brother coming to live with us, so I think that it will still happen. The only positive thing, which I think I mentioned a few days go, is that his mom asked if they could also stay with us for a "few days" until they found an apartment, and DH actually said that it would be better if the parents stayed with DH's grandma (his stepdad's mom) since she lives in San Diego, too. Is your DH done with teaching next week? How has Greyor been doing? And is your knee any better? I think you'd like Amy's Hi/Lo workout. She's got tons of energy in it; check her website or Collage since I think there's they both have previews of it. Sounds like dinner will be fun!

Kara -- Oh, poor Emma! How is she feeling today? Sinus infections are just the worst. Can she take any Advil or something for the pain? Hopefully those antibiotics will kick in soon! What a cute little "collection" she picked up yesterday! So what kind of kettlebell goodies are you getting for Mother's Day? I've been wanting to try KB's for awhile, but have been holding off since I've got STS on the way as my Christmas present from DH. Hope Colin does well today on his AP exam! Are you looking forward to graduation tomorrow? Would you post that recipe for the sweet potato and black bean enchiladas? I love anything with sweet potatoes in it, and they sound delicious!

Jennifer -- Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you. Have you been thinking about moving for awhile? Sometimes a change can be an exciting thing. Has your ankle been doing alright?

Shannon -- If you don't get a chance to check in over the weekend, hopefully you have a great one! And hopefully those ceiling fan plans won't get in the way of your workout.

Shelley -- Stupid cranky boss! Is the PMS any better today? How great that Sophie will be with you for Mother's Day weekend! Can you two do something fun? Do you get down from missing your mom? I always do. Hooray for matching Cathe on those 15's!

Tneah -- I wish I didn't have work today b/c it would be so much fun to meet you at Fashion Valley and go shopping! Is George doing OK after that incident yesterday with the other dog? Have you been feeling a bit better about eating and working out? OK, so I've been thinking of what you said the other day about how you've been stressing again about maintaining things and about how great Cathe, Monica, etc. look all the time, and it made me think of something that my DH tells me: remember that it's their *job* to look fantastic and to devote their lives to working out! Remember, too, that they we see them in videos, photos, etc. after they've really cleaned up their eating in prep for shooting, so they look absolutely incredible. I'm sure they don't maintain that look all the time, right?!:) Again, I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing you since goodness knows I obsess all the time, but sometimes we all need reminders, right?? ;-)

Lainie -- How has your sleep been? Is your mom done with teaching yet? Yes, you definitely have to make it to one of Amy's classes soon. Have you been able to work on Brian a bit more about the bike?

Morning All!

Deb, itread drills huh? I think I might have downloaded one of those, will have to check. I sometimes use the iclimb for the elliptical, but sometimes like yesterday, I just zone out and do my own thing...its not my favorite piece of equipment, but its the easiest on my joints.:) There is a TV right in front of the elliptical at the gym here, so it makes the time go by a little faster.

Shelley, way to lift like Cathe! Isn't she freakishly strong, considering she is pint sized? Anytime I can match or exceed what she is lifting its a good day right?:)

Robin, enjoy your dinner, that sounds like a lot of fun, where are you all going?

Shannon, hope you get the squeeze your KB workout in today before the "fan man" arrives!:)

Leanne, that would have been fun, shopping with you. Maybe when we come out for good this summer (sometime in late June I believe) we can plan a shopping trip!:) Scary about the gun incident, you never know these days, that drug bust has been really sad too, all those young, young kids ruining their lives over that crap. You and DH have such important jobs, good teachers are the ones you remember later on in life, I am sure those students you spend extra time with appreciate it so much!:)
You are right about it being Cathe's job to look good. What would we think if she looked soft and squishy? Part of her appeal and what motivates us is the way she looks right? I guess its like me wishing I looked like Gisele Bunchden in the Victoria Secret catalogs...its just silly and unrealistic. Not all of us have bodies that stay leaner naturally, or have legs that reach up to our necks. I think I am just really hard on myself. There are a few ladies in the hardcore fitness thread that are so incredibly lean its unbelievable. But then I read, they are the ones who have a hard time putting on muscle, they lose weight easily...I am not one of those women, and need to just do my best and forget the rest. You really cannot compare yourself to others I suppose.:7
And glad you are not stressing about the water weight, it happens to me on a regular basis!

Hi to Lainie and Kara...bbl to chat some more!

Hey girls~

This morning is dragging, but the boss is in early, so I'm hoping against hope that means he'll leave early today and maybe I can get out a bit early too.

Deb - I'll have to check out iTread 27. Summer hours start next Friday. I can't wait!

Shannon - enjoy those ceiling fans! I did feel strong lifting the 15s! A quiet weekend sounds nice.

Leanne - ignore that scale! It's just water weight! PMS is done. It ends abruptly as soon as Aunt Flo arrives. I do miss my mom, so it makes Mother's Day a very melancholy day for me. It's very difficult to do anything with a 10 year old girl that doesn't completely revolve around the 10 year old girl. I'm sure Kara will back me up on this one. But we'll have a nice family day on Sunday.

Tneah - OMG the VS catalogue models make me want to curl up and die! I feel like an ugly, old boy next to them:-( I think you look absolutely brilliant just as you are, if that's worth anything:)

Lainie - are you any more awake today? How's AF treating you?

Hey guys, drinking my protein before I go hit the gym, today is back/abs, then I am all done for the week-weight-wise. Thank goodness. This week has sorta dragged on and on for me concerning exercise.:)

Shelley, yeah for summer hours!:) Its funny, I know better than to compare myself to some VS model, I mean c'mon, they even showed Gisele without her airbrushed makeup and stuff and guess what? She looked terrible-ha! And I love the issues of Star..."Stars with cellulite"..I know, its mean, but it puts it all into perspective.

My question is this? When did we all of a sudden start putting celebrities on these pedestals, like they are royalty? Something we should aspire to be or look like? Seriously, I know what it takes first hand because of our commercials, what it takes to make someone look good behind the camera. Whole teams are at work there. Oh, and we were looking through some old Cosmopolitan mags from the 80's. DH was in his heyday with the ads back then...and I could not help but notice how different the models were! They actually had nice, curvy bodies! No bones sticking out, no waif like arms and legs, this was the era of Cindy Crawford, she had a slender but built frame, today? The models look like they are one minute away from death. Anyway, that was my rant for the day. Sadly, the models back then would be considered "plus sized" today! Crazy I tell ya. Enough of the shallow model talk already...

I could not find a dress yesterday so I went to Nordstroms Rack and impulsively purchased what looked to be very cute lounge pajama's-my favorite things in the whole world. Got them home, tried them on and yuk! So need to take them back...DH told me to stick with VS pajama's, and he is right. They make the cutest, comfiest stuff ever.

Ok, off to the gym...

Hey, all!

I am just working in slow motion today. I can't seem to concentrate on the grading and work I need to get done. Think I'll get out a big pot of glue and glue myself to the chair!;-)

Alright, so I think we need to start a campaign to ban the VS catalogs for making us feel so unhappy with ourselves. What do you all think?!;-)

Shelley -- Hooray for summer hours soon! That'll be nice to still have a family day on Sunday. Maybe you and Sophie could get lunch and see a fun movie! My DH is going to be playing D&D that day, so I may go out shopping or something so I'm not sitting around the house by myself moping and feeling blue.

Tneah -- I know -- these models nowadays are just so ridiculous! And it's definitely not right that all the celebrities and models are so airbrushed and touched up that they become this perfect ideal that no real human being could ever match. Humph! What kinds of ads did your DH do back in the '80's? How interesting! Sorry that you didn't find a dress yesterday! Did you try Macy's? No luck? When exactly is the wedding?

Ya know, we must get a VS catalog in the mail every single day, but I've never admired the models. I've never, ever seen anyone in real life who looked like them. I'd much rather aspire to look like Cathe and her crew, not that I'll ever get close, then one of those models.

Hi everyone. It's been a busy Friday for me. I had a dermatologist appointment this morning and she can't figure out why these rough patches on my skin aren't going away--she thought it was eczema before and gave me a prescription cream, but it's not helping. So she biopsied two of them (OUCH) and asked if I had a family history of psoriasis (I don't, as far as I know).

I'm still pretty tuckered out, but have a long to-do list (more cleaning, laundry, the usual). I also need to go soon to eat my 3rd mini-meal of the day which I'm way late for (as my tummy is reminding me). Hope to bbl for personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hey guys,

Thank goodness that back workout is done for the day!:D

Leanne, I'm sorry to report, that the Macy's over in the fashion valley area is actually quite bad, or as I like to say "ghetto".:) In fact that whole dang outside mall thing pretty much sucks. I went there because of the Macy's, but will have better luck in Vegas as far as that goes I think. The wedding isn't until the end of June, so I still have plenty of time. I just like to drive myself insane.}( Sorry you cannot focus, I hate that, just remember its the last day of the week, you can do it!

DH did those funny ads in the back of the mags for hair growth pills, skin creams, etc...mail order stuff. Did really well actually!:)

Lainie, sounds like you are sticking with your diet plan, good girl!:)

Robin, agreed on the VS model thing. I have seen long and lanky gals walking around but I prefer the fitness look anyday! And those girls don't work out, they are just genetically blessed. I saw one bird, of course I did not have my camera with me, this morning. It looked like a mini-crane with yellow feet. It was white and oh so adorable! Our night heron has not been around this trip...guess Georgie barking at him got old after awhile.:7

Deb, I ran into a gal who had two Wheaten terriers...so cute those dogs! I thought of you and your new addition.:)

Well, I cleaned the boat this morning too, so after I get some work done on the computer I can go return that stuff to the mall...bbl

Hey everyone,

Lainie -- I hope that the dermatologist gets it all sorted out soon. A friend from work has psoriasis, and she gets light treatments, which really help. I'm glad that the BFL plan is working well for you. Are you losing weight on it?

Robin -- I completely agree about not wanting to look like those VS models -- but it still depresses me like all-get-out when I get those dumb catalogs. Like you said, I'd so much rather look like Cathe and her crew -- or Tneah! -- then those skinny ones, but I still let it bother me.:-(

Tneah -- Sorry you didn't like the Macy's!:-( Oh, I'm wondering -- did you go to the Macy's at *Mission* Valley or at *Fashion* Valley? If you went to Mission Valley, that one is definitely ghetto, but the Macy's at Fashion Valley is pretty nice! Did you try the Nordstrom at Fashion Valley or the new Bloomingdales that's there, too? The Mission Valley Mall (where the nice Target and the Nordstrom Rack are at) is pretty sketchy/ghetto so I don't usually shop there unless I go to the Target or the AT Loft, but the Fashion Valley Mall is probably the nicest mall in SD. Of course, maybe you were at Fashion Valley, and our malls just don't compare to the Vegas malls, which I know they don't!:)

Well, no workout today.:( I had to stop at MIL's to help her pick out something to wear to dinner tonight. ("I don't any clothes," she said while trying to open drawers wedged shut with tons of clothes.) On the way home, I noticed the check oil light was on, so I stopped and checked it. I ended up calling DH, who made the 30 minute drive into town to fill the oil. I'm out of time now.

Oh, Robin, sorry you don't have time to work out -- but don't let that stop you from enjoying a delicious Mother's Day dinner tonight! Have fun and get something yummy to eat!:)

Hey everyone! It has been one of those days… Anyhoo, I wanted to *see* everyone!

Robin—Emma wants to be a vet. She almost passes out over any *human* issues! She can home this week and declared that she wasn’t going to 5th grade because they learn about PUBERTY, lol! Wait until I tell her the whole story! Colin won the award for best European History student and his acceptance into the Governor’s school for Emerging Technologies. He will be studying at a university for 5 weeks at the end of this month. I’ve only been away from him for a week at a time, so I am practicing denial! Thanks for asking! Thank you for posting the stew recipe. I will definitely try it very soon! Have fun at dinner tonight! How sweet of your DH! Oh, I just saw that you ran out of time to workout. Don't worry about it and enjoy your night out! Your knee will probably appreciate the rest.

Deb—How neat about your puppy! You must be so excited! Sorry about the confusion…Colin is my 15 year old son. Emma is my 10 year old daughter. I think I will have to try out that iTread. Love it when Grace kicks my bottom!

Shelley—Good job increasing the weights! That isn’t easy to do with shoulders. I know what you mean about Mother’s Day. Emma thought it would be great if she had a friend overnight on Saturday, so *I* could play with them Sunday morning and *I* could skip church! I told her I would skip church if everyone else went! HA! You should not feel ugly next to those VS models, but I understand it. Your muscles are so much more attractive than their twig limbs. I always envy how they fill out the bras! I was barely a “B” fully engorged after giving birth! Man, that sounds so pitiful. Oh well. Enjoy your time with Sophie this weekend!

Hi Jennifer!

Shannon—Hope you fit in the KB! Have a nice, quiet weekend!

Lainie—I’m sorry about your skin problems. I hope you get some time to rest soon! I can’t believe you are so close to Amy! You should take a class and then I can live vicariously through you!

Tneah—That is so cool about your DH! I know what you mean about those models. Why do designers want their clothing to look good on women that serve as clothes hangers? Why not design for real women? I don’t understand it at all. All of the birds around you sound so beautiful!

Leanne—Hi there! I will definitely post that recipe tomorrow! The doctor said it may take a full ten days for Emma to feel better. She has to take the meds for twenty days. I am hoping to get a 30# KB and two DVDs with it. I am really enjoying them. Don’t worry about the scale! I know that it is easy to say and hard to do, but your bodyfat % and how your clothing fits are much better indicators of progress, IMHO. You sound like a very dedicated teacher! I am sure the students really appreciate the one-on-one time you offer them. You should put on your new cargo pants and go shopping on Sunday! Have some fun!

Well, ladies I must take Emma to a friend’s house and then indulge in some super yummy pizza and breadsticks. Yep, white flour and greasy cheese. I may just follow it up with some ice cream. Have a good night!
:)

Kara:)

LOL! Leanne, you were right, the "ghetto" Macy's is the one at Mission Valley...no wonder huh? I think all they have in that store is Baby Phat clothing and accessories.x( For those of you unfamiliar with this line of "clothing"...Kimora Lee Simmons aka "the tacky one" came out with this line of clothing and handbags all embossed with gold foil looking stuff, and a logo of a cat on everything. Very "ghetto rap start wannabe" stuff, its horrible beyond words.:eek: :7

I returned my things and waited in line forever. Good grief, those discount places are not worth it, you think they have good stuff, but then they don't have a "pair" or the rest of a "set". For instance, they had Juicy Couture sweats (my personal favorite)but only had the pants, the jackets were the same material but a different style, see what I mean? Not really a deal it you cannot wear it right?

I think DH and I might go up to La Jolla tomorrow...he likes to drive the convertible--I hate it, only because I am a priss who doesn't like to get windburned driving down the freeway!x( Once we even drove from SLC to Las Vegas in 100 degree weather with the top down the whole way!:eek: I tell my hubby, he is older and a man and does not worry about wrinkled leathery skin, but I do darn it. Oh well, watcha gonna do? Do you guys like convertibles?

Kara, your kids sound smart, really they do. Enjoy that pizza and ice cream tonight.:9

Robin, sorry bout the skipped workout, but like Kara said, your knee is probably thanking you right now!

I am craving red meat today for some reason, might have to indulge a little myself. But then I think about how adorable cows are and chicken out and wind up eating, well...chicken!:7

Everyone have a splendid evening.:7 :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.