Kick It Up--- May

112toGuru

Cathlete
Hey Stace,

Turns out 1.8 lb for the month, have to see what happens by the end of this rotation, I'm halfway. Now I can't decide about videos, wait until I can do the downloads? or continue with the DVDs, more likely for now, but I think when the blender is up & running, pretty hard not to go for that, at some point.

Trying to turn a new leaf in the menu planning department, my diet needs more variety, the vegetable garden's going to have to wait, though, the cats found it :( jeesh. they were such cute kittens, who am I kiddin' there still cute.

Linda

Good morning, thanks for starting the new thread! Yesterday was a rest day. This morning will be biceps/triceps from 4 Day Split, abs, and 30 minutes of some sort of cardio, havent decided yet. Tomorrow I think I will do the 5K program on my treadmill. It's basically 3 miles that varies the incline along the way from 0 to up to 9, the incline changes seem pretty random based on my speed or maybe the hills are a set distance and it's "random" b/c I dont always do the program on the same speed. Anyway, I tend to jog the flat parts and walk as fast as I can on the steeper inclines.

I weighed myself yesterday, I'm still holding steady from the start of my un-diet, which is a relief. When I look back at how I used to limit myself, then end up bingeing, and the mental anguish I'd go thru with each food choice etc etc and all to way the exact same I do now! The un-diet has been a much needed mental stress break from beating myself up! There were periods of time when I was "dieting" that I would just say heck with it and eat whatever I wanted but looking back even then it was just a slower binge and I felt guilty the entire time still and in the end I gained weight. That is the reason why I've slowly gained these 10-15 lbs over the past 10 years.

I'm hoping with May's "Kick It Up" theme I can kick up my "un-diet", or in other words, adding in more fresh fruits and veggies, yet not restricting my other choices. I don't ever want to go back to the mental dieting roller coaster!

I've been thinking thru my workouts. Over at videofitness' website there have been alot of raves about the results with the Tonique workouts. I own them all but have only done one of them once, and I had to modify a bit. I just cant seem to fit them into my current workout rotation. I'm thinking about incorporating them next month instead of doing STS Meso 1, or maybe some how combining them both, I just don't know yet!!

Congrats on your progress!! 22.5 is awesome!!

Hello...I just finished my workout....biceps/triceps/abs from 4DS and a 36 min walk/jog interval on the treadmill (walking speed was 2.6, jog 4.6; alternating 2 minutes each). I was able to increase the weight on one set of bicep curls so I was pleased with that. I bet I could've increased it awhile ago, but I don't think I push myself hard enough. I'm going to start being more aware of that.

We're going to my sister in law's for dinner, she usually cooks something fairly healthy.

How is your weekend so far?

Hi Stace,

Hey, like I was just thinkin' if you were online, hehe, I can't wait to do 4 DS, I think it's still on the X-mas list, so many things, so little...:p

Hear you on the weight increases, building that into my three month plan, with Muscle Max next month (& hopefully a new set of BB) then followed up in July with Slow & Heavy (from TV) she uses some darn big db's in that one, like when she does the plies, I'll look at her 40? then down at my 12? and think it's puny, that's the word that popped into my head when I previewed it the other day. :eek:

I think you've got a great attitude and maybe you should coin that phrase "the un-diet" sounds like it would be great name for a healthy drink, like pomegranate punch. I tire of unsweetened everything.

I know I better just get started using the treadmill too, I'm such a wimp sometimes. You're doin' great! Did Drill max #3 & #4 with modifications: need to practice the jumps to the step, single-timed the fast feet, did the ball push ups on the stairs, & left a toe on the floor during the wall sits. I love that disc, it's in the someday category but fun working up to. :) finished up with C & W step premix.

Linda

Last edited:
Just got back from dinner...ate too much but generally healthy. Steak, green beans, small portion of mashed potatoes, and grilled shrimp; a small brownie for dessert.

Drill Max scares me, lol! I should start using some of the drills as add-ons. Doing DM the whole way thru bothers my knee a bit too much. What other weight dvds do you have?? Muscle Max is great. I really like Pure Strength too, it's an oldie but goodie.

I was going to do STS Meso 1 this month or a generic rotation of some sort, but I think I'm going to "kick it up" and jump into STS Meso 2. I've done a week of two of both, and Meso 1 isnt too much different than alot of Cathe's other weight work, but STS is a bit different, much more strength than endurance oriented. I have Meso 3 but not sure if I'll get much out of it as I dont have a weight bench and I can only lift so much into position with barbell chest presses before safety becomes a factor.

I got my new Powerstrike dvd in the mail today so I'm excited to try that one out tomorrow, from the preview the music sounds really good!

Hi Stace,

No way am I doing Drill max the whole way through, I'll do #3 & #4 again, then #5 & #6 together, to try them out. Next rotation I'll either split it 50/50, or do one of the the premixes, there's 6. I got this one to really gauge my progress for impact. For now, the higher the impact/intensity the shorter the routine. Some things I can't do on the fly, I have to learn them first on the floor so I don't get twisted up like a pretzel!

For weights I have the Upper/Lower on the Basic Step, Total Body Sculpt, circuits BF, LIC, C&W, Timesaver then just about everything that was on TV: PP, SS, PUB/PLB, S & H, ME, BC. they're shorter, 45 minutes.

Here's the weight bench I don't have room for but like anyway, someone here posted before.
0004361921486_215X215.jpg

Let me know how you like the Powerstrike, I may do something with the kickbox/ martial arts type this summer. Meanwhile I'll be singing Buttercup which I thought for longest time was a song about someone named Veronica? ( no offense to any Veronicas, I just thought those were the words :eek: )

Linda

Last edited:
I just got done with Powestrike. I highly recommend it, and her other one Powerstrike 5! No impact and a good workout, and the moves were pretty easy to learn, even my husband who has only done KenpoX twice as his only kickbox experience was able to catch on to 90% of the moves the first time.

Hi Stace,

Today, Low Impact Step & Kick Max leg conditioning drills, cleaning up the garden later I need to move some stuff around. Some weekend, more tired than I thought I would be. Viewed Imax 2 for upcoming rotation, I think I better practice some genie hops...do do do-do dee do do...;) She does some nifty footwork in that one, shifty off the side of the step that looks cool. Have to see where I am in a month or two.

Have a good one!

Linda

My motivation is severely lacking today, I think b/c I have a big work project hanging over my head among other distractions. I may end up doing a circuit workout a few times this week as my upcoming weekend is busy and I may not have the time or energy to put my all into my "kick it up" rotation until next week. I feel like a bum today. I'll keep you posted...

Hi Stace,

Hang in there! Today Total Body Sculpting & the Kick Max drills from yesterday (oops). My tweaky knees made an appearance yesterday, funny thing as much as that was a put off, I realized it's no different than the issues I faced in the beginning, every now & then I look back at my log from last year to see how hard things were, somehow I kept with it. I think I can I can chalk that up to Cathe & crew, making even the roughest spots bearable.

It's hard though to back off when you're on a roll & getting somewhere (light impact & added intensity) So I worked in the garden & filled some containers letting some of the other stuff go. Here's to coming back fresh for the next challenge!

Ever optimistic! :)
Linda

P. S. chalk is also good for making hopscotch grid! so when you're not skateboarding.....:D

Too funny, I loved sidewalk chalk as a kid....heck I still love it now!

So, good news and bad news.....good news....I worked out today even though I did NOT want to, but I came home and my husband just pointed to the floor (meaning, time to go down to our basement which is our workout room). If it hadnt been for him, I wouldve skipped yet another workout. Bad news.....my diet/eating was horrendous today!

I'm in a quandry as far as the un-diet goes. I'm slipping back into stress/boredom eating and giving myself free reign to eat whatever junk I want. I need to stop that.

I tried a new Cathe workout today...Athletic Step. It was fairly easy to catch on to and I was dripping with sweat when I was done, don't know if that was b/c I was feeling a tad sluggish or b/c the workout was a toughie, probably a bit of both.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a total body weight workout before work and Friday is a planned rest day b/c I've got too much stuff going on.

That bad eating I did yesterday came back to haunt me last night. I was up from about 2am to 4am wishing I would just puke to feel better! No such luck. Needless to say I didnt workout this morning. It's going to be a late day at work today and the last thing I'm going to want to do after work is workout! But, I will.

I packed a healthy lunch, hopefully my stomach will stop churning enough for me to eat it!

This weekend is alot of family gatherings etc, looking forward to Monday to officially, and finally "kick it up".....it'll be almost halfway thru the month, better late than never!

Hi Stace,

What do you mean by junk? for me that's Tastykakes & potato chips with a chocolate eclair ice cream bar. (Don't get me wrong, I'll have a krimpet once in a while!) My go to treat now is Kellogg's Dark Chocolate Almond FiberPlus chewy bar...35% of your daily fiber...it's a trade for something that's just all sugar...I don't crave sweets though that much.

No workout today, this third week of rotation & my metabolism seems to be working over time (not that I mind burning extra calories) just seems like a lot for a couple days at the end of April & today, with no workout? does that happen? ( I thought I'd see what my BMR was, & see if it was consistant with my calculator ) Sometimes it is, sometimes way more? I have been eating more grains & beans lately?

Thoughts?

Linda

Last edited:
Hello....by "junk" I mean chocolate, potato chips, ice cream and pie! What the heck is wrong with me?????

I'm a bit disgusted with myself, couldnt bring myself to workout after work, granted I was tired and hungry so not sure if I'm just being too hard on myself or not.

I have some work to do with my attitude!

Hi Stace,

so give yourself a break, I never complain when things fall into place & work out, truth be told, there's probably as many of those days in the wheel of karma. About the calories, just mentioned it because it seemed like abnormally large amount, for a single day.

For now why not try skipping the treats at the grocery store & going for something else? For me this week it's red grapes, whenever I pick up a bunch I think I should just paint a picture of them, they're just beautiful, enjoy!
images

Linda

Last edited:
Hi Stace,

Enjoy the weekend, and have at it again Monday. I gave Drill Max #3 & #4 the old college try yesterday, my new policy (okay it's not new) just give it 5-10 minutes, if you still feel like complete pooh, skip it, most of the time I just keep on keepin' on though & yesterday got that & the Low Impact Step done. By gosh, it went better than I expected. go figure.

C & W today, all of it, and I'm looking forward to it, yay me! If I can do it, you can too! Oh, yes you can!

Linda

Hi Linda!! Good job on all the workouts and thanks for the motivational words!! I feel like anymore lately TTOTM really wipes me out...that was last week and I do plan on revamping my attitude, diet and workouts on Monday. If I get a workout in this weekend, then great, if I dont, then I dont. I'm working all weekend and have a few family functions to go to. The last thing I want to do is stress myself out b/c it only lets to eating junk! Ok....off to work!!

Hi Stace,

I went back & started to log what workouts I did & notes so I can put together a little timeline of how things went over the last 7 months of Cathe workouts (10 months since starting with the Wii fit last year in July) I've kept up with that so I can see the graph of weight loss, I'll have to finish taking pictures of it. Follows the same general pattern, and is not that remarkable month to month, over time though, big difference. Rotations work for me, as well as workout choice.

I think the "un-diet" did change how you react to things, though I want you to back up your little red wagon to the nutrition part of the book & tell me all about it! (insert selfish grin here) , maybe if you have some time next week? No hurry, inquiring minds, you know, hehehehe. Have a good day!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.