kEtTlEbElLs....tUeSdAy....2.10

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Off to do ETK in a few minutes. Its just TGUs today, not sure what I am going to add on.....

Andilynn~ I hope your Algebra exam went well!! Yes, x40 is 40 feet. Are you getting ropes? You will love Santa Monica- great purchase!!

Gayle~ How did the deadlifts go?

Jane~ What did you end up doing yesterday? I like the "madness" of the way you came up with the Feb. challenge:)

Vilma~ Glad to see you back! I hope all at home is settled.

Marcy ~Yeah! to the 2lbs lost!! I liked your active rests yesterday of the suitcase deadlift and lateral skaters, I may steal that idea and add them on Thursday;) I hope your day at work today is not too busy!

BBL to post my workout!

Hiya Deanie and Good Morning to all the gals checking in today.

I have decided to do a TM run followed w/ ETK day 1 again.

I like to do ETK after cardio as my body is already warmed up and thoroughly stretched out before I start.

Hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday!

See you all later on after I'm done w/ my w/o

picture.php

Hi again

Here is my workout today:

**warm up to ES and added 10 halos

**TGU with 30#kb. I was supposed to do 5 min, but I did 10 for a longer workout.
first 5 min: (started on the right) 6 TGU on the left/ 7 on the right
second 5 min: (continued, so i started on the left) 6 on the left and 5 on the right.
By the end, the 6th on the left was not such great form and I would have stopped anyway.

**AOS min. flow drill
The routine:
starting on the right side:
half get-up
high pull to a snatch (30 seconds)
presses (30 seconds)
long cycle cleans (30 seconds)
swings (30 seconds)
fig 8 to a hold (30 seconds - ending in your left hand)
swings (30 seconds)
long cycle cleans (30 seconds)
presses (30 seconds)
high pull to a snatch (30 seconds)
reverse half get-up (ending on the floor)

by the figure 8 to a hold, I was really feeling this but wanted to see if I could get thru it. I took a 5 sec. break between the long cycle clean and the press on the left and another 2 seconds between the snatch (held the kb at the top) and the reverse half get-up. I finished, then collapsed on the floor!
tongue.gif
The presses were the hardest for me, I don't have good shoulder strength.

Yoga for me tomorrow!!!
I was going to try the flow drill from the womens page, but I can't do the iron cross with my 20#kb- I think my form is all off- I end up sticking out my chest, and I'm not sure thats right:eek:

Vilma~ Enjoy your run and ETK today. Are you doing an itread or cc?

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Good Morning!

Yesterday I did my February challenge workout and then did some suicides, walking lunges and side squats. I was pretty tired last night. I'm fighting some kind of bug but I feel better today.

Tonight's workout will be the February Challenge which looks like this:
10 Single Leg Deadlifts w/kb (5 each side)
9 Calf Raises
8 Kettlebell Push Press
7 Squat Thrusts
6 Windmills (3 each side)
5 Renegade Rows
4 TGUs (2 each side)
3 Planks
2 Mr. Spectaculars
1 Burpee
175 Swings OR Jump Rope OR jumping jacks

PLUS the following:
3 minutes of skip rope
2 minutes of kb cleans
3 minutes of skip rope
2 minutes of swings
3 minutes of skip rope
2 minutes of double armed kb push press
3 minutes of skip rope
2 minutes of renegade row
3 mintues of skip rope
2 minutes of KB snatch
3 minutes of skip rope
2 minutes of swings

This is a workout I got from Gym Jones. Ummm...I think just typing it up wore me out!! :eek:

Deanie ~ Great workout. I'm just so impressed with your 30# TGUs. I was struggling on Sunday to do them with 14#. I need more practice!!!

Vilma ~ Have fun with your TM run!

Marcy ~ Congratulations on losing those 2 lbs.

Waves hello to Gayle and Andilynn. :)

Happy Tuesday to all!

Last edited:
Good morning ! Today will be a rest day for me , yesterday I started to do HIIT on my treadmill but when I was running it felt like the belt was slipping ?!?! So I did the blast premix from Imax 2 and added on the general alarm from Firepower. I'm ready for a rest day!

Deanie- I can't wait to get Santa Monica although I ordered my ropes after so I probably will gert them later, I also need to get my pull up bar up for ETK, Where did you get your bands for the pullups? I'm sure I will need them!

Everyone enjoy their workouts today!

hi again

Jane~ just reading your workout for today made me sweat!;) (I did copy it down though for future reference- I like it!) Hope you enjoy it!!!

Andilynn~ Wow what a workout yesterday!!:eek: I would be taking a rest day today too!!! here is where I got the band: http://www.workoutz.com/shopping/product/heavy_duty_resistance_bands I went with the heavy, because that is what was recommended if you could only do one (or less in my case). I think I am now able to do one thanks to the band! Here is where I got my pullup bar: http://store.titleboxing.com/title-wall-mount-pull-up-bar.html
this was the best price out there- believe me, I searched for a month or so before I ordered!! Good luck and let us know what you get!!:)

eta: andilynn::: you will want to go thru Santa Monica at least once without the ropes!!! It is a smoker workout! (I hope I used the slang correctly;) )

Good Morning!

Yesterday I did my February challenge workout and then did some suicides, walking lunges and side squats. I was pretty tired last night. I'm fighting some kind of bug but I feel better today.

Tonight's workout will be the February Challenge which looks like this:
10 Single Leg Deadlifts w/kb (5 each side)
9 Calf Raises
8 Kettlebell Push Press
7 Squat Thrusts
6 Windmills (3 each side)
5 Renegade Rows
4 TGUs (2 each side)
3 Planks
2 Mr. Spectaculars
1 Burpee
175 Swings OR Jump Rope OR jumping jacks

PLUS the following:
3 minutes of skip rope
2 minutes of kb cleans
3 minutes of skip rope
2 minutes of swings
3 minutes of skip rope
2 minutes of double armed kb push press
3 minutes of skip rope
2 minutes of renegade row
3 mintues of skip rope
2 minutes of KB snatch
3 minutes of skip rope
2 minutes of swings

This is a workout I got from Gym Jones. Ummm...I think just typing it up wore me out!! :eek:

Deanie ~ Great workout. I'm just so impressed with your 30# TGUs. I was struggling on Sunday to do them with 14#. I need more practice!!!

Vilma ~ Have fun with your TM run!

Marcy ~ Congratulations on losing those 2 lbs.

Waves hello to Gayle and Andilynn. :)

Happy Tuesday to all!

I would like to join this challenge but I am not able to do this torturous assignment listed above. Can I just get in where I fit in or is this for the princess warriors only?

I would like to join this challenge but I am not able to do this torturous assignment listed above. Can I just get in where I fit in or is this for the princess warriors only?

Join us, Farmer!!! We're all doing our own thing and getting some inspiration from each other. :)

Deanie & Jane - Great workouts! I'm printing out both the flow drill and the Gym Jones workout.

Marcy - Woohoo on the 2lbs!

Waves hello to Vilma and Andilynn.

Deadlift day 1 was good. I think I picked a good starting weight as I felt challenged, but form didn't break down. I'm following a plan that Rachel Cosgrove lays out here: http://www.figureathlete.com/free_o...the_dead_improve_your_deadlift_in_7_weeks&cr=

Tonight will be some kind of kettlebell and pull up work. That flow drill is calling my name, so I may start with that. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Farmer,

Please join us! I think I'm the only one doing the February challenge, if that's what you mean. I am doing it with some of my friends and you are more than welcome to join in. It's basically a different exercise every day and the reps equals the day of the month. The other part of the workout is the workout I'm doing today and not part of the challenge. It is torturous, isn't it? I hope I survive. :eek:

As Gayle stated, everyone is doing there own thing and sharing it with the group.

Good Afternoon Kettlebellers!

I was real lazy this morning and didn't want to get out of bed. I only managed to do pullups this morning.

1 and 1/4:mad:
1 negative (12 counts down)

I actually was much stronger today and really got my chin over the bar really good. I don't know if it's because I'm 2 pounds down or the extra rest or both but they really felt good this morning. I'll probably have to skip yoga this week and finish out ETK.

Deanie - You can steal my active rests anytime. I was actually thinking of stealing your triple crushes and figure 8s but I didn't want to overdo it so I stuck it the deadlifts and lateral skaters. The deadlifts actually didn't do much for me. I really need 30 or 35# for those to probably feel them. The AOS Flow Drill looks good. What is a "long cycle clean"?

Farmer - You're welcome here anytime. I'm no princess warrior either!

Jane - I get more dizzy each day looking at your February challenge! You're doing an awesome job!

Andilynn - Isn't the blast premix from IMAX 2 great? Do you happen to know what the Blast Mania premix includes?

Gayle - Good luck with the deadlift challenge!

Vilma - I just might try your idea of doing ETK after cardio.

Marcy

Good Afternoon

Hi Farmer and welcome:)

Gayle~ good deadlift program! I hope you enjoy the flow drill

Marcy~ a long cycle clean is when the kb doesn't touch the ground. You swing it between your legs and clean it continuously.

Here is the website (AOS womens page #16)- scroll down and video is at the bottom:
http://www.artofstrength.com/WomensPage/WomensPage16/tabid/627/Default.aspx
I just viewed the video and realized they left the squats out when they wrote up the drill!! darn!!:mad:

I was going to try the flow drill from the womens page, but I can't do the iron cross with my 20#kb- I think my form is all off- I end up sticking out my chest, and I'm not sure thats right:eek:

Deanie, you may want to check out the video of Anthony doing that iron cross (MOS this week). He really sticks out his chest, and so does the other guy who is in the video with him. Still, 20# sounds like an awful lot!

http://www.artofstrength.com/MinuteofStrengthENews/MinuteofStrength98/tabid/635/Default.aspx

I'm in awe of your strength and endurance! I lurk here from time to time and know I couldn't possibly keep up with you!

You go, girl!

Hey Kathryn:)
Your right they do stick out their chest!LOL I guess I was doing it right, who knew! it felt weird though. thanks for the link!
You are welcome to join us on a regular basis you know;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.