kEtTlEbElLs....ThUrSdAy

Hi again, workout finished...

**warm up: wall squats/halo/modified warrier (last joint mobility exercise from ES) 5 rounds

** 6 full cycles of swings 30X and one half cycle of 30 swings all with my 35#kb.:eek: I didn't follow any recommended active rests except for the jog (which I did twice) instead I subbed: triple crush (25#kb), lat. side skaters, pretend jump rope, suitcase deadlift (with the 35#kb)

**I then eeked out....
pullups (all assisted) 1-2-3
pushups: 5-10-15
that's all I had in me today

The only thing that got me thru today was the fact I did not want to repeat the week....though I have a feeling with 40 swings next week I may be repeating that!!!:eek: Also, next week I may not be adding anything to the swing day!! Today was a really tough workout!

Vilma~ I love TGUs too! Enjoy your "vacation" with DH!!;)

Farmer~ LOL about Providence! It is hard!!! I love how at the end during the credits Anthony says : you thought you were in shape didn't you?....and I always answer: I thought I was.. Whats on the agenda today?

Andilynn~ are you starting ETK today or did you start yesterday? I am enjoying it, but it is much harder than it looks!!!

Gayle~ Great job with your workout yesterday! I saw that workout in Mt. Athlete also...I really like it.

waves to Jane and Marcy and anyone I may have forgotten....

Have a great day!

Hi Deanie - Another good workout. :)

I've got another deadlift day today at the gym.

Waves hello to Jane, Marcy, Andilynn, Vilma, Farmer, and anyone else who follows.

Have a good one! :)

Hi all! Today will be cardio for me (steady state) although I can never decide what till I get down there and start. I did Providence yesterday and used my 25# for swings and my 20# for the snatch test and most everything else except I dropped down to a 15# for the windmills.

Deanie- I think I'll wait til Santa Monica gets here to start ETK because I know I would not be able to set it aside til I try it, also I found my P90x bar but I can't find the screws so I have to order them and I also am going to order a assist band since I know I certainly win't be able to do a pullup on my own for a while! I'm hoping that after ETK I will be able to!

I think I did well on my exam but the instructor has not posted the grades yet, I know for sure I missed one but I can live with that! I still will never understand what we need Algebra for, LOL!

Hi to Gayle, Pascal, Jane , Farmer, Vilma and all who come by later!:)

Good Morning!

I started off with pullups (unassisted). I did 2, 1&3/4, 1, 1&1/2 and 1 negative (12 counts down). I did the Empire State Joint Mobility for my warmup. I guess I wasn't reading my workbook carefully because I didn't see I was supposed to go up to 30 swings. I did 6 cycles of 20 swings with 25# and did lateral skaters, mountain climbers, jogs, alternating cleans (20#), 1-legged deadlifts (3 each side with 25#) and jogs. Then I did SM2. I guess I'll have to do week 2 over again:mad:

Deanie - You're so strong! 35#!! You go girl! When you do Providence again and Anthony asks if you thought you were in shape, you will definitely be able to answer "YES"! I wonder why in week 2, you do only 1 day of 30 swings rather than 2. In week 1, we do 2 days of 20 swings and in week 3, we do 2 days of 40 swings. Doesn't make sense. I guess that's why I missed it.

Vilma - Enjoy your time off with DH!:D

Andilynn - I don't blame you for wanting to try SM before you start ETK. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get a great mark on your math test! I don't know what we need algebra for either. My DH said the same thing when he was in school but he actually did need calculus for his job as a machinist for programming the machines. Sometimes you never know when knowledge comes in handy.

Gayle - Good luck with your deadlifts. I think I might use them for an active rest next time. I like straight leg deadlifts much better. Suitcase deadlifts don't do anything for me.

Waves to Farmer and all who follow!

Marcy

Hi Andilyn, Marcy, Gayle, and Deanie and everyone else.

Deanie- It sounds like you cranked out alot.

Gayle- Have fun with your deadlifts.

Marcy- Don't worry about having to repeat week 2. You will be that much stronger next week.

Andilyn- We did the same workout yesterday and even used the same poundage.

This morning I did Low Max premix. I am going to try and squeeze in 30 more minutes of cardio this evening. I gained 5 pounds between Thanksgiving and the New Year. Now I want to lose 15 pounds.

Does 3 days cardio and 3 days KB sound good to you ladies?

Hi Everyone~

Yesterday I pooped out and didn't run. Only did the challenge. :confused: Still fighting that little bug and am stressed out a bit.

Tonight I am going running b/c I have a 5K race on Saturday and I don't want to come in last! Then I will be doing the February Challenge. Which looks like this:

12 Cleans (6 each side)
11 Walking Swings
10 Single Leg Deadlifts w/kb (5 each side)
9 Calf Raises
8 Kettlebell Push Press
7 Squat Thrusts
6 Windmills (3 each side)
5 Renegade Rows
4 TGUs (2 each side)
3 Planks
2 Mr. Spectaculars
1 Burpee
150 Jump Rope

Waves hello to everyone!!!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.