KETTLEBELLS !i!i! Wild and Wacky Wednesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

I wasn't sure about doing snatches 3 days in a row, so today I did a crossfit workout. I wasn't sure where it was from and after wards I looked it up. Its from crossfit brand X. I love tabatas and thought this would be fun. After the second round of pullups, I realized this would not be fun!! It was hard!! Not one exercise was easy and I was feeling the squats after the 3rd round and I'm sure I didn't get down as far as others could!! Anyway, here's the workout: posted from my blog:

Tabata Something Else

Posted 05-06-2009 at 06:42 AM by deanie
Updated 05-06-2009 at 07:16 AM by deanie
Todays workout~ forgot which crossfit site this is from:

“Tabata Something Else”
Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where:
The first 8 intervals are
pull-ups
The second 8 are push-ups
The third 8 intervals are
sit-ups (subbed knees up)
and finally,
The last 8 intervals are
squats.
There is no rest between exercises.

cash out (my own)
swings 20 swings/10 seconds rest ~ 45#KB

results:
pullups: 9,8,8,8,8,6,6,6=59
pushups: 15,14,14,12,14,12,14,14=109*
hanging from bar knees up: 10,14,14,14,12,12,15,8=99
squats: 17,17,18,16,16,16,16,16=132
total: 399! if only I had known, I would have eeked out one more somewhere!!!:eek:

swings: 4 minutes 5 full cycles + 10 more swings.

**comments:
Hard!!
wanted to do 8 minutes of swings, but couldn't!
pullups were the hardest and they were all assisted and most were jumping pullups!!
*pushups: 5th set and last set only, I dropped to knees after 8 - all the rest on toes.
squats: can feel them now, after 20 min!! not sure if I got as low as crossfitters! but did well for me.

checked the crossfitbrand X site and my numbers are really good, must be the assisted pullups and knee ups instead of unassisted pulls and the gtd situps:eek:
...maybe my form wasn't as good????:confused:

========================================

Jane:: so? did you puke? how did it go? is today a rest day? can I ask anymore questions????:rolleyes:;)

Gayle::: how was the workout? How were the shoes? ps- don't know if you saw my post last night, but my dh said the same thing about the ups man!!LOL

Marcy::: what's onn the agenda today?

Missy::: I agree with your post. I also have not found anything else that helped my strength and endurance improve in so short a time! Love Kettlebells:) I wish I could be footloose and fancy free and not track my calories, but now that I've started, I don't know if I can stop:eek:...I'm just so anal!!

Rhonda::: hope you are having fun!!

waves to andilynn!!

!!!!! just got an email from Staci at AOS: I had emailed about doing the snatch 3 days in a row and if its okay.? she said go for it! Darn, I already finished my workout!!:mad: I will have to try next week!!

so I think my rotation till vacation (that rhymes:p) will be
monday: providence
tuesday: newport
wednesday: diva
thursday and friday: crossfit
saturday: aos workout

Okay, once again I am quite chatty in the a.m.!:eek::D

Have a great wednesday! Hopeing for no rain today, DS12 has a baseball game tonight!

Good morning!

Well, plans changed last night. The FedEx guy delivered my strawberry and raspberry plants yesterday afternoon, so I ended up planting those instead. Good thing, since we're getting rain over the next few days.

Soooo, I'll do that CF Jersey Shore WOD tonight.

Deanie - Tabatas are so deceptive!! That's a tough workout! I liked my new shoes for deadlifts. I'm gonna try them tonight for kettlebells. I like your "Rotation 'til Vacation". ;)

Jane - I love the workout you posted! I'll definitely save that one to try. Sumo deadlift high pulls kill me.

Marcy - I really have to find a way to get yoga back into my schedule. I *heart* PY4H. :)

Missy - Nice workout yesterday. You made a lot of progress in five months. ITA about kettlebells and endurance/strength. Personally, I think they complement just about everything...my skiing even got better this year. Lately, I think I'm lucky to get in two WODs per week. Ideally, I'd like to be doing 3-4 in addition to heavy lifting...but life seems to want to get in the way. :confused:

Waves hello to Andilynn and Rhonda in Cali. :)

Have a good one!

Hi Everyone!

Today is a running day for me. So if it doesn't rain, I doing 3 miles today.

The workout yesterday was good. No puke factor last night although it was REALLY humid. I sweated a ton!!

Deanie ~ great Tabata workout! When I went to boot camp they would mix up the rounds and make us doing really slow (squats for instance), then really fast squats, etc. We hated it...in a good way. :p

Gayle ~ Have fun with your workout tonight.

Waves hello to Missy, Marcy, Andilynn and Rhonda (havin' fun in CA)!! :)

Good Afternoon!

I have DOMS all over from doing Squeeze LBC and Squeeze Stronger the last two days so I decided to do IMAX 3 instead of what I originally planned. I got through it all (managed to do all of Blast 4 which I haven't been able to do in a long time). I almost tripped over the step on Blast 1 so I stopped a little early and on Blast 7, I still can't do the jumping jacks on and off the step. Otherwise, I had a great workout.

Missy - Thanks for the rundown on SIM. I think I'm going to pass. Like you, I also have exercise ADD. Not that I haven't done long rotations (P90X twice and ETK) but have never done one longer than 3 months and I don't think I'd last. I really started getting burned out on P90X and ETK by the third month. I stick to my rotations but prefer 1 month rotations.

Deanie - I know I wouldn't be doing snatches 3 days in a row but if you can, go for it. Your tabata workout really is "something else"! Great job!

Gayle - Yoga is my "feel good" workout so it's hard for me not to include it in my rotations. I usually like to do it once a week but would do it a lot more if I had the time.

Jane - It's good to hear there was no puke factor last night!

Waves to Rhonda and Andilynn!

Marcy

Hi ladies,

Quick questions for you. How to work in kettlebell training with traditional weight lifting? I'm currently doing the STS rotation but will be ending soon. I hope to do a kettlebell rotation for a month but don't know how to fit it in with traditional lifting. Do I forgo traditional lifting and do kettlebells in its place?

Thanks,

Diana

Hi Diana - I know a few people use it like a cardio day, with a lighter KB and more endurance based workout. What kettlebell workouts do you have?

A bunch of us also do kettlebell based CrossFit workouts which sometimes have more of a HIIT or interval training or just plain intense cardio effect.

IMO, I think kettlebells and lifting can work very nicely together. :)

Hi diana,

for a while when I started kettlebells I did a month of:
monday: PUB
tuesday: cardio
wednesday: PLB
thursday: cardio
friday: kettlebell (providence or empire state)
sat: cardio

Have fun! and let us know what you decide

good afternoon

Gayle: Glad you like your new shoes:) enjoy your workout tonight! and I hope the rain helps your plants! although I am hoping the rain holds out tonight and DS has his game!:confused:

Jane: Well, I'm glad you didn't puke last night!:) I like the mix it up idea, not sure if I am brave enough to do it!

Marcy
: Love Imax 3!! great job! do you think etk has helped you with this workout? I just read on the aos forums someone did imax 2 and instead of the blasts, she subbed kb swings!!:eek: still thinking if I want to try that!

waves to everyone else!!

Hi Diana,

I do kettlebells 2 days a week usually as a Crossfit workout or as a circuit that includes other forms of cardio. I do traditional weights 1 day a week and cardio 3 days a week usually in the form of running. Here is what my rotation looks like.

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Kettlebells (CF or circuits)
Wednesday - Run
Thursday - Kettlebells (CF or circuits)
Friday - Run
Saturday - weights
Sunday - Run

I agree with Gayle and believe that kettlebells and lifting work very nicely together.

Have fun!

Deanie - I do think ETK helped with my endurance to do IMAX 3 (which IMO is definitely harder than IMAX 2 which I can do all of). I think the 50 swings with 10 seconds rest helped! I don't want to get bored but I would like to probably do IMAX 3 once a week until I can get through blasts 1, 4 and 7. I stuck with Plyo X in P90X until it wasn't really a challenge anymore. And to think I used to wish for an IMAX 4! Old age must be kicking in! I don't think the blasts are that hard in IM2 (with the exception of Blast 9).

I see you mentioned the Pyramids. Someone mentioned substituting swings after doing the Pyramid up. You know Pyramids aren't my fave but it sounds like I might want to do this one day.

Marcy

I see you mentioned the Pyramids. Someone mentioned substituting swings after doing the Pyramid up.

...........interesting. for some reason that doesn't appeal to me. maybe because I always have great results with the pyramids as is or just up and no cardio that day. good luck with imax 3 all month! I think you will be okay. you could always do a premix of it if you are bored! funny- blasts 4 and 7 are my favorites! of course, I love bon jovi and he sings during blast 4, that may have something to do with it!;)

This is going to be a quicky because I am busy :confused:

I took today as a rest because I got almost NO sleep last night for some reason and am wiped out! I don't have energy for anything, but am still really busy so I can't really rest. :(

I will be here more tomorrow, have a great evening ladies!!!:D

Missy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.