Kettlebellin' on the weekend

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Jane::: Good luck and have fun at your race!!!

Here is my workout for today:
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

I was frustrated. My right side is fine pressing the 16kg, and I am ticked off :mad: with my left side!!! I'm wondering how much is mental, and maybe I need to adjust that!:confused:

We plan to have a fun weekend this weekend! Tonight we are going to Shul to hear the Story of Ester (Purim) and we dress up in costumes and eat hamantashen (cookies) and tomorrow is the Purim carnival!... I made hamantashen on Tues and by Thursday they were gone!:eek: so I may make some more this afternoon :)... I put choc. chips and m&m's in the one's for the kids!
What do you all have planned for this weekend?

hope I'm not the only one posting today!:eek:

Hi Everyone!

Deanie ~ I'm here! Your weekend sounds like fun. Enjoy!!

I did my first race of 2010. My time wasn't that great but I felt good considering that I haven't run that much in the last couple of weeks. I'm still trying to find my groove again. Later today I'm doing to do a weight workout.

I have no plans for the weekend. I'm still adjusting to the reality that I don't have to be at my parent's house all the time. It's very weird. Tomorrow I'm going to visit mom. She is doing ok - has her good and bad moments. We are trying to be there for her but not be pushy about it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hey gals! I am feeling UGH this morning. I didn't get my day 3 of the ROP in because I was sick and sleeping most of the day yesterday. My tummy is still feeling a little icky this morning, but I am feeling overall much better. I plan to take it easy today to aid with recovery. :)

Deanie, are we going to get to see pictures of you dressed up? I wonder who ate all the cookies... :p;)

Jane, I understand how strange and sad the transition feels. DH's dad passed away in January of 2003, and we went through something very similar. It takes some time, but you will find a new "normal" routine. In a couple of months you're crying less, if at all, and remembering things differently - you see all the joy that you shared, all the wonderful memories you keep in your heart. Dan used to get anxious when he watched the Colts, because that is something he and his dad did together every Sunday, even in his final weeks with cancer - but eventually he would start feeling like his dad was there with him, and he was at peace. He hardly ever thinks about the end and the suffering when he thinks about his dad now. Even Dan's mom is back to being her normal nosy, chatty, opinionated self. ;) It takes a while, but the rhythm does change and you get used to it, and then you smile and laugh together again and it will be real. Your mom will grieve on her own, but you being there for her like you are is wonderful and perfect. Your family is beautiful and strong. :)

Have a great day :)

Melissa

Hi Everyone!

This morning I got up and ran a 10K. I ran it 2 minutes faster than a couple of weeks ago. I still have a long way to go though. I was dragging at the end. The temps were in the mid 30s but sunny.

Melissa ~ Thank you for your kind words. I will probably feel the same way when I watch the Cubs. Dad and I used to watch the games together all the time.

Hope you feel better soon! Take it easy and enjoy the day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.