+-+-+ Kettlebell - weekend report +-+-+

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!!

I had a great practice today and I'm really happy with how my form and presses are coming along!! Here's todays workout:
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Melissa:: I'm bummed the movie didn't follow the book:( the books were great!..we still plan to see the movie though. either this weekend, if dh doesn't care (he is working) or next if he does. He works every other weekend.... I didn't like the workout you posted (sorry:eek:) I didn't think her instruction was very good. when I danced, they always showed you leg movements first- then when you got that, they added the arms....anyway, good for you if you were able to follow that! I would have been frustrated (but I danced for years- 5yrs. old thru college)

Nita:: Have fun with Providence today! ( i think that's what you said you are doing)

Gayle::: Sorry about the all day meeting! yuck! Great workout though!

Jane::: Yea about the 1/2 marathon!! Will this be your first? Hope your sisters made up workout was fun!

waves to Marcy and Rhonda!!!

Have a super great weekend gals!

*I used 30# today - AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES!!! THAT was the workout I was expecting. I will definitely add a weighted vest for pull-ups next time because those were still pretty easy.
*For swings, I did 50 reps at a time with 35#. The book said to do 4 minutes, but I did 4 rounds instead because 4 minutes isn't much at all. I did 50 swings, which was about 1:15 minutes, with 30 second breaks - NOT 10 second breaks like it says... 10 seconds is NOT A BREAK! :eek::p

Deanie, I am not a dancer, so I wouldn't know what's right. :p Her instruction wasn't very clear to me so I just watched the clip over and over, one step at a time, until I could, in my head, see myself doing it. Then I did it.
Let me know your DS's thoughts after you guys see the movie! DS has decided that he likes books even more now - I love hearing that!!! :D

Have a great weekend all!

Melissa

Hi everyone!

Deanie & Melissa - Awesome workouts! :cool:

Deanie - WTG on breaking through n your presses. :)

Melissa - My brain can't comprehend weighted pull ups...IMPRESSIVE! :)

I love/hate when a book I really like gets made into a movie. I'm always excited to see it, but more often than not end up disappointed.

I got in a decent workout tonight, though I didn't increase any weights...and bailed early on the deadlifts. Here are the details:

Buy in:
Limber up routine
5x assisted pull ups 30#
TGU 4r/4l 12kg

Squats: 108# for 3x5 - Increased weight for all warm up sets, but stayed the same on work sets.
Bench: 68# for 3x5
Deadlift: 188# for 1x5 - This was my 3rd warm up set. I was feeling a weird tightness in my left glute, so stopped here.

Cash out: Didn't time it. I was watching the end of the Men's Nordic Combined while I was doing this, so it was pretty leisurely. :p
5 rounds
5x K2armpits
20x swings 16kg

FOAM ROLL!

Have a good night. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.