Kettlebell weekend report

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

just a quick, hi and here's my workout....
we have soccer and bday parties , errands and errands today!! busy !!:eek:

anywhoo, heres my workout from my blog:
Go outside and play

Posted on June 2nd, 2009 Wednesday, 3 June 2009

Buy-in

• Run 400M at a nice, easy pace
  • Stop every 100M and do 10 slow, perfect squats and 10 slow, perfect push-ups

603 WOD

• 3 rounds for time
  • 7 thrusters (95/65#)
  • Run 400M

Cash out

• Get your thruster barbell and both plates (if applicable) across a distance of 400M

Carry them all together, or separately. Walk with weight overhead, at your side or across your back - whatever gets you there.

comments:
warm up:
tm: 3.0
squats done holding pole: great form!
WOD:
45#barbell (never did thrusters before)
treadmill set at 7.5 (ran .25Miles not .24 - oops!:eek:)
time: 9:38
cash out:
farmers walk with: one 25#kb left/ one 20#kb right on treadmill set at 3.0

deadlifts:
5X 110#:) up 10# since tuesday

**never did thrusters before--they are NOT fun!! I think I picked a good weight for me....
Hard workout, glad the thrusters were first!

==================================

Gayle: I think your time on this was Great considering you ran 500M!!!

Andilynn: I love my gymboss and highly recommend it!!

Have a SUPER weekend everyone!!

Hi Everyone!

This morning I ran a 5K. It was nice and overcast but humid. Not too bad. It was a smaller race but lots of fun. My time was not the best but good for me. I stopped at one point to encourage a guy in wheelchair get up a hill. He had fun on the downhill though! :)

I came back home and did the upper body weight section from Body Max 2.

Deanie~I love thrusters. I've usually do them with 2 kettlebells. I've never done them with a barbell before.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hi all! Today was a cardio day for me and since I'm revisting old workouts this week I chose Lo Max, I was dripping with sweat when I was finished and it was a great workout, it proves you can get high intensity without alot of impact!

Deanie-Great workout, those thrusters look tough!

Jane-Great job on your race and for encouraging your fellow racer!

Waves to all! Have a great weekend! :)

Happy Sunday

Good Morning!!!

Did a quick swing workout this morning, we are off to the Nationals vs. Mets game today in DC!!! GO METS!!!

warm up:
3 TGU each side
25#kb

swings:
12 min.
30 seconds on/ 30 seconds rest
45#kb

comments:
*good workout, think a tabata would have been more challenging. (shorter rest time)
*did 20 swings in 30 seconds consistently
*wasn't wearing my glasses and set my gymboss for 72 rounds instead of 12!! figured that out after about 10 rounds when I looked at the gymboss and saw it said 64!!:eek::rolleyes:

=========================================
My DS12 did not want a big blow out for his Bar Mitzvah, instead he wanted to take his 3 best friends to a METSgame. So we got tickets right over the dugout:D:D:D for us and his friends and that's what we are doing:). On the day of the actual Bar Mitzvah, we are just having a small catered party at the house for family and a few close friends only.

Jane:::: Great job with the race and helping a fellow racer!

Andilynn::: glad you liked Low Max. I always found that so hard and a great leg workout!! Is this week a STS week or kettlebells?

waves to everyone else!! Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Good morning all! I decided I needed a real calorie burner since I went to fish fry last nite and totally fell off the wagon! I picked Body Max 2 and did all 90 minutes, whew that should do it! Now I'm going to head upstairs and finish my painting.

Deanie- Have a good time at the game, I'm thinking that this week will be STS again after a rest day tomorrow and maybe kettlebells/ circuits the next week

Have a great Sunday everybody! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.