Kettlebell.....Weekend Report

Hi .... where is everyone? sleeping in I hope!!

Here is my workout for today::::::

**warmed up to ES joint mobility section

**I started with the following flow drill using my 25#bell:

starting on the right side:
half get-up
high pull to a snatch (30 seconds)
presses (30 seconds)
long cycle cleans (30 seconds)
swings (30 seconds)
fig 8 to a hold (30 seconds - ending in your left hand)
swings (30 seconds)

long cycle cleans (30 seconds)
presses (30 seconds)
high pull to a snatch (30 seconds)
reverse half get-up (ending on the floor)

I did pretty well, took a 2 second break between the swings on the left and the long cycle cleans and another between the cleans and presses on the left side. I had put lotion on my hands this morning before working out, and the bell was very slippery. I won't be doing that again:mad::mad:

**continued with 1 pullup and 4 assisted pullups.

** Then I topped off the workout with a 4 min rope tabata: (20 seconds on/ 10 seconds off)
Alternating waves
Figure 8 doubles
In and outs
Big doubles
Outside circles
Upper cuts
Squat with alternate waves
Big outside/inside circles with the last 10 seconds jumping jacks

It was a good workout, but I was ticked about the slippery kb:mad:

today is my DHs 45th birthday:D:):D:) so we will be having a family day and eating out!! I think we are going to see the movie Mall Cop (with/for the kids). What are your weekend plans??

Gayle~ I hope your painting goes well!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!:)

Whoopee! Its the weekend! I ended up doing Lo Max yesterday I actually did the warm up from Imax 2 before I was struck with a sudden urge to do Lo Max I'm gald I did , got some great DOMS in my lower body today! Today's workout will be Newport and I hoping to get thru more of the snatch test with my 20# and 25# .
Deanie , when you do Donkey Kong what are you using for your jumps? I was thinking of buying more risers for my step or having my DH build me something .

Waves to all and enjoy your weekend!:)

Whoopee! Its the weekend! I ended up doing Lo Max yesterday I actually did the warm up from Imax 2 before I was struck with a sudden urge to do Lo Max I'm gald I did , got some great DOMS in my lower body today! Today's workout will be Newport and I hoping to get thru more of the snatch test with my 20# and 25# .
Deanie , when you do Donkey Kong what are you using for your jumps? I was thinking of buying more risers for my step or having my DH build me something .

Waves to all and enjoy your weekend!:)

P.S sorry about the slippery K bell Deanie, I once lotioned my hands before bowling with bad results, luckily the only thing I hurt was the floor! Good thing nobody was standing behind me!

Andilynn~ Sounds like a fun workout yesterday! I used my high step with 8 risers for the box jumps in Donkey Kong. Are you going to try it???:)

Hi All,

Deanie ~ Happy Birthday to your DH! Today is my mom's birthday.

I have no workouts planned today because I have birthday duties. That workout last night was a good one! Kinda like the throw up in a bucket kind. I actually ran one portion with a 18#kb. There was an older couple walking down the street and there I come running with a kb. They probably thought what is that chick doing? LOL!!

I've been up since 5 am and have gone shopping. My sisters and I are making dinner for my mom, dad and my mom's friend. Should be fun. Tomorrow is my dad's birthday. Wow..he made it to 86!! So we are having a brunch for him tomorrow am. Hope to get in 2 workouts tomorrow.

Have a great one!

Hi Deanie and Andilynn!

DH was a gem yesterday! He finished early at work yesterday, so came home and started painting. All I have to do today is some cutting in, so I have no excuse to not workout. ;)

Deanie - Happy Birthday to your DH! I've done the same thing with the lotion and kettlebells...what a pain. I really like the rope tabata you posted. My gym is still serving as a 2nd bedroom/staging area for the reno, but once I have room I'd love to get ropes.

Andilynn - Have fun with Newport! I also use the high step for box jumps like Deanie does. However, Mtn Athlete posted a video about the boxes they make for gym...in case your DH is bored. ;) The video is at the bottom of the page.
http://www.mtnathlete.com/subpage_details.php?subpage_ID=191&page_ID=9

Last night I did 5 rounds of:
25x step ups w/ 25lbs
3x assisted pull ups w/ 40lbs assistance
3x (each side) sandbag get ups w/ 40lbs
10x alligator push ups

Then 2 sets of 50 swings and some messing around with different weights in my sandbag.

I havent figured out today's workout, but it'll probably be outside since it's warming up. :)

Have a good one! :)

ETA: Hi Jane! Happy Birthday to your Mom and Dad!:) LOL! about last night's workout. :D

Last edited:
Andilynn~ Sounds like a fun workout yesterday! I used my high step with 8 risers for the box jumps in Donkey Kong. Are you going to try it???:)

I think that's what I'll do the step sound safer than anything else I can use, And yes as sosoon as my extra risers get here I'm going to give it a whirl, it really looks tough!

Sunday

Good Morning

today is a rest day for me!!:)

Jane~ Happy birthday to your mom!!

Gayle~ great workout you posted. I saw that mt. athlete workout posted and thought it looked interesting. If/when you get the ropes, look on ebay. That's where I got mine, and they are a much better buy than AOS. I think I paid $1.23 a foot.

Andilynn~ glad you enjoyed LowMax.

waves to Marcy and Vilma!

Good morning,
Today is a cardio day today, although I'm not sure what yet. I got the ETK workbook yesterday but have really not had a chance to read it yet(Algebra exam Monday) . Hopefully tomorrow after I get home I'll start. Is this meant as a stand alone workout series or can I conbine this with other things?

Deanie- have a nice rest day , waves to everyone who comes by later:)

Hi All~

Managed to get in a workout after the birthday celebration this morning for my dad. I did a 2 mile run/walk then came home and did my February Challenge workout twice. After that I was pretty well done in. A busy, busy weekend.

Here is what the challenge looks like so far:
8 Kettlebell Push Press - double armed
7 Squat Thrusts
6 Windmills
5 Renegade Rows
4 TGUs
3 Planks
2 Mr. Spectaculars
1 Burpee
175 Jump ropes OR Swings

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.