Kettlebell. Weekend.

Hey guys! Sorry this is going to be short. I did 100 burpees this morning - Deanie, you killed me! My time was 11:34. ETK 5x4 with 5 minute swings yesterday: I did not like starting on my left side so I switched back to my right and did much better. Doing well on one side gave me confidence to do better on the LHS I think.

Gotta run! Time to shower and get the boys up - if I can!

Melissa

Good Morning!

Melissa:: Nice date night you had!:) I hear you about the LHS! I think I like starting with the left, because then I know I have the right coming, and its such a breeze for my right.....mentally its better for me to start with the harder... I also feel like, if the first LHS c&p goes up easy, the rest of the workout will go smoothly. hope that makes sense:confused:!! Great job with the burpees! They are tough. But don't you feel all bad a$$ now that you did 100????:cool:

Gayle::: I hope you are enjoying your purchases from BB and B!! and your kitchen!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Jane:: how was the race??? and the massage afterwards!!?

I am thinking of getting the 40# ader kettlebell as the next step up. I am pretty sure I can do 1-3 presses with the 40# (definitely on the right anyway;)) Then I may continue with ETK, starting with the pm again doing TGU's and swings with the 20kg, then moving to RoP doing the 40#bell.....may do a month of something else in between though. I am so liking this program!... and this time I may try to do more pullups unassisted (thanks to Melissa's tips!)

waves to Rhonda and Marcy!
Have a great rest of the weekend!
I'm off to Trader Joes to get some FOOD!!!!! our shelves are bare!!:p

Hi Ladies,

I ran my 10K race yesterday morning. I only did 20 seconds better than last year but I had fun. The weather was humid in the the mid 60's but it started raining when I got to around the 3.5 mile mark. There was some thunder and a bit a lightening but it really wasn't too bad. The rain was pretty steady until the end of the race. I felt fine until the 5+ mile mark when my quads starting hurting me. That's the first time that has happened in a race. I really struggled on the last part of the course. Since it was raining, the band was not out and the DJ that is stationed at "Heartbreak Hill" towards the end of the race was not there either. My dear sister came out in the rain, though to cheer us on. I met a really nice man who was 76 years old. He told me he started running at age 62. I told him that I wanted to be like him when I "grew up". I made him blush. I ended up beating him at the end.

Today I went out to the track and did the following workout:

200m run
20 swings
1 bleacher run
400m run
40 jump squats
2 bleacher runs
600m run
60 step ups
3 bleacher runs
800m run
80 push ups (I did 40 push ups and 40 sit ups)
4 bleacher runs

Deanie ~ Since it was raining, the massage people were not there. :(

Melissa ~ Congrats on the 100 burpees. I could not have done those in a 11 minutes. You ROCK!!!

Hi to Gayle and Rhonda.

Off to take a shower....I'm drippin' sweat.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.