kettlebell. weekend.

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!!

Gayle: love the counter tops! Did you get your workout in?

Jane:: do you have a race today?

Melissa::: How'd today's workout go?

Rhonda:::: Hope you check in today...and all is well.!

waves to Marcy!

Today's workout was okay for me - not a whoo hoo day:p but it was okay....
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

happy with the overall workout.:)

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Good morning!

Deanie - I still give your workout a WooHoo! You're moving heavy stuff! :cool: I didn't workout last night. :( I'm also contemplating a change in my program sooner than planned.

The workouts are taking around 90 minutes to get through, due to the longer rests, and it's just too much time right now. I'm also really starting to feel like it's harder to recover. I keep coming back to Pavel's stuff in PTTP where you hit a PR, then back off and work back up again...I'm kinda feeling like I need that. I also want to start working with the kettlebells again...so I'm trying to figure out what to do. :confused:

Jane - Hope you had a great run! :)

Waves hello to Marcy, Melissa and Rhonda!

Hi all. Thanks for the kindness the other day. It brought tears to my eyes. I have been pretending that I am better than I am so I needed to be real with myself and deal with all of my emotions.

Met my goal of exercising 3 times this week. Cathe, KM and treadmill today.

Deanie- Great workout as always. I must have felt your vibes. I got up this morning and worked out on the treadmill while watching an Insanity infomercial and a Jack Lalanne infomercial:p. Note to self- buy an Ipod.

Gayle- Your countertops are beautiful and your property is amazing.

Waves to Marcy, Melissa, and Jane.

Have a great weekend.

Deanie, I am ready for a nap! :p

Sorry I didn't check in y'day. BUSY DAY! I did yoga in the a.m. while DH was driving DD to school, then we had school, straight to gym class (2 hours), then lunch, then picked up paint for our bedroom, then cleaned our room and scrubbed the boards, did painting prep, then some laundry, then the dishes, then painting... busy day. ;)

I really love this workout. Really. It was the same as last week, but I felt stronger and actually did much better on pull-ups. As soon as I felt my form getting sloppy, I either set the bell down and tried again or I moved down. On the 4th rung on Ladder 5 I had to move to 25# because I could not clean 30# without injury. I was able to c&p 30# in the last rung for Ladders 1&2, but it was 25# the rest of the time. I did a few jerks on the left side. I tried to do as many pull-ups as I could unassisted, but I ended up doing pretty much all of the 4's and 5's with either a jump or a chair.

I did 5 minutes of swings, 50 swings with 10 second breaks, and they were not so hot. ;) It started out fine, but went downhill fast because my arms were just not wanting to grip the handle. I moved down to 30#, and was okay physically - but I am not gonna lie, I feel very humbled about that. I don't even know if I did more than 2 actual rounds. :eek:

Gayle, WOW! Love the new kitchen! It looks like everything is coming along marvelously - I bet you feel so good about what you're seeing :D I absolutely love the color of wood you chose for the cabinets. Do you know what color you are going to paint the room yet? (have you already mentioned it and I wasn't paying attention? :eek:])
I might be biased, but I vote for doing Pavel. If you are feeling like what you are doing is too much, I would put it away for a later time. :)

Rhonda - LOL!!! I bet watching Insanity made for a fun run! :p
Whatever you are feeling is okay. :) (((((HUGS)))))

Jane, did you get to run? And YES! At least you did something. :cool:

Gotta get moving. There is a bunch of cleaning yet to do for our room, and I want to get done with it. :)

Have a great weekend!

Melissa

Hi guys!

I had a few minutes and I wanted to answer some ???'s you guys had....

Gayle: here is the link to the special reports:http://www.dragondoor.com/dv036_bonus.html it is on the DD website, but I forget how to get there.... I bookmarked this, its easier:confused:

Rhonda:: ETK is increasing/improving my strength, and just this week I noticed I lost some inches....my jeans are looser in the hips/abs and my bra strap is much looser (sorry if that's TMI)

=====================================
now for today's stuff :p

Gayle::: I also recommend PTTP. Pavel rocks; and the pttp program from xfit 603 is da bomb :cool: I do think you made great gains from SS though....also... YEA for sticking with the program!!!!:D

(((Rhonda))) I hope you get through this rough time. You know we are here if you need to vent! I can't imagine what you are going through and wish you the best.

Melissa::: :eek::eek: I am exhausted just reading about your day!!!:confused: Good job today!! I'm thinking ... when we finally get thru the 5X5 day we will be
AWESOME!!!.... I love having a goal:cool:

Waves to Jane and Marcy!

Book recommendations:
If you haven't read Girl with a dragon tattoo... YOU NEED TO!!:p Great book!!!
I just finished The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews another great read.....

okay, off to get dinner ready for 4 boys (both my boys have friends over...), me and DH!!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.