ketTLEbell wedNESday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Todays workout was not what I planned. I wanted to take it slow and easy, but I woke up late, got started late, DS13 had to wake up early to do homework he "forgot" to do last night (remembered at bedtime!) and I really felt the time constraints. The first 3 ladders went well, till I realized I wasn't going to be finished when I needed to be, and then my head wasn't in the game. Had to stop between ladders 4 and 5 to wake up DS, and during ladder 5 had to stop once to re-wake him up, because I didn't hear any movement upstairs. Not the best workout today. bummer.

workout: http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

waves to the gang!:cool:
BBL!!

Good morning!

Deanie - Sorry about your workout today. Mental distractions are the hardest! Thanks for the RoP info. I'm going to stat with 12kg, since I know I can't do 5x5 with it right now. Have fun with the ice cream maker! :) You can get really creative with the flavor combinations.

Jane - I'm so glad to hear mom is doing well. :) I hope the weather cooperated for your run.

Melissa - I had to giggle that DD thought your decisions were "lame". My sister went through that with my niece when she was a teen. Every suggestion my sister made was uncool, BUT if my mother (my nieces grandmother) suggested the same thing it was awesome. ;)

Hi Rhonda and Marcy!

Here's last night's workout:

Buy in:
2 rounds 12kg
* 10x halos
* 10x goblet squats
* 5x push ups

ETK: TGU for 10 minutes 16kg
* Got in 6r/5l plus a TGU up on the left within the 10 min.
* Rested briefly after every 1r/1l and that helped a lot.

Cash out:
Snatches 3 minutes 12kg
* 5r/5l rhythm, took brief rests at the top
* got in a little more than 4 rounds

I may do swings and jog tonight.
Have a good day!

Good Afternoon!

I didn't go running last night. The rained stopped but I live on a dirt road, surrounded by dirt roads that are currently being paved. I got home alright but didn't want to go out again in the mud. So instead I did the following workout. This was fast and fun but boy was it humid. I was dripping after this one.

5 Rounds
1 minute jump rope
1 minute squats
1 minute swings
1 minute rest

Tonight I'm running.

Deanie ~ Sorry you had distractions with your workout this morning! At least you do something even if your head wasn't in the game.

Waving hi to Gayle, Melissa and Rhonda!

hi again!

well, maybe my not so good workout this morning was a preminition.... I spoke with the director at my school today. I got the hours I wanted (9-1 monday thru friday) but I am not working with the 4's anymore (major bummer!!:() I am working in the 2's/3's class. The good news is I am working with my friend tues and thursday's but I really don't like the woman I am working with on mon/wed/fri.:( She has major food issues (some of us think she is anorexic) and she spends 2 hours at the gym everyday!!! EEK! Not only that, her personality is still in high school. We're in our 40's she should have grown up by now! Okay, rant over. :) I am taking the good with the bad, I am happy my hours weren't cut :)

Gayle::: Great workout! You are getting really good with the 16kg tgu's!!:):) Good decision on the 12kg. I'm sure you will be able to move up quickly, best to start out slow.

Jane:::I'd be dripping too with that workout!! 1 minute of squats is Killer!!

Melissa::: I'm right there with you with the lame decisions. Not only that.... I don't know anything!:p:rolleyes: DS is 13! its over soon, ..... right? LOL

later :cool:

Good afternoon, lovelies!!! :D

Deanie, good for you for taking that 2 minute rest between each ladder! I didn't quite make 2 minutes, but I stood there and watched the clock waiting for 1 minute to be up. I.hate.to.wait. I like to get on with it, but waiting and taking advice of those wiser who have been there paid off.
I am sorry about the coworker. It makes me sad when I meet and talk with people who just don't love themselves or are self-focused and don't know how to appropriately interact with others or mature. People like that are never the product of a loving childhood. :( I never want to take for granted the responsibility I have as a parent, and every time I meet people like that I just want to hug my kids tighter and protect them all the more.

Jane, sorry you missed your run last night! I got to go with DD, and we actually brought the boys with us. Logan tried running in his Transformer boots! We suggested he wear his tennis shoes, but he was adamant. And he regretted it. ;)
How are things looking workwise? Had you put out any applications/resumes?

Gayle, THAT IS SO TRUE! What I am grateful for - so far at least - is that she isn't comparing me to other moms. She does say things like "X's mom lets her do it!" but I don't care what anyone else's mom does. ;) She doesn't seek advice from other moms either, and if she did I don't know what I would do. I think it would almost feel like the equivalent of finding out your spouse was having an affair. Has your niece done that?
How do you feel when you do snatches?

TOMORROW WE ARE GOING TO THE RKC!!! I am so excited. :D

My daily workout log is in my sig. Cutting and pasting is too much work! :p

Gotta go get ready for the game - Mariah's first game of the season! I am going to take pictures and she is going to hate it (but secretly love it).

Melissa

Had to stop between ladders 4 and 5 to wake up DS, and during ladder 5 had to stop once to re-wake him up, because I didn't hear any movement upstairs.
Are you tempted at all to get a foghorn to wake them up? I have thought about it more than 3 times a day...

:p:p:p

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.