.::. Kettlebell Wednesday .::.

Okay, something was really bugging me yesterday but I didn't know exactly what it was so I watched that video again. I haven't been feeling cleans or presses too much on my left side since I upped the weight, and now I know why. I've started flaring my elbows when I clean! Especially on the 3 reps. I am SO happy that I could see my form and fix it. Today I did Newport, and cashed out with a pyramid of cleans, no presses and recorded it. MUCH BETTER!!! Now I just have to be humble enough to move down in weight if my body's telling me something doesn't feel right.

Deanie, Nice roll! :D

See you all later. Pray for me - I am tackling the laundry today! :p

Melissa

Good morning!

Deanie - Great workout! WOOOOOT on the presses! :cool:

Rhonda - Nice workout yesterday! Good luck trading your step DVDs. That's a bummer that you don't have room for it.

Melissa - The camera is SO unforgiving, but it really is good to see how your form really looks. I'm glad the workout got you goin'. :) Great job on fixing your clean! Have fun with the laundry. ;)

Jane - I hope you had great dinner last night! Good luck with your job hunt.

Hi Nita and Marcy!

I kinda screwed up part of my workout last night (brain fart). I wasn't feeling 100%, but overall it wasn't bad.

Buy-in: Swings 50x @ 12kg varied grip, TGU 3r/3l @ 12kg

Squat: 123# for 3x5 - These are still wicked hard.
Deadlift: 208# for 3x5 - HARD! I had to reset my grip and stance between each rep, but it was nice to know that last week wasn't a fluke.

I was supposed to bench, but looked at the wrong workout and did presses instead, and they were dismal. I tried 1 set of 5 @ 53#, but failed on the 5th rep. Then I realized that it was supposed to be bench press, so decided to just bag it. :eek:

I may get out my Keith Weber kettlebell DVD tonight and do a few rounds.

Have a good day!

Hi All,

Tonight I'm going for a 4 mile run. It's sunny out today although we are still way below normal temperature-wise.

Deanie ~ You go girl!!!

Rhonda ~ Sorry you have to get rid of your step workouts. I try to stay away from step workouts as I can be clumsy at times.

Gayle ~ Have fun with Keith tonight.

Melissa ~ Great job on fixing your clean and realizing something was off. Have fun with the laundry!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Afternoon!

Melissa::: I am praying for you that you are not under mounds and mounds of laundry!!:p Yea to fixing your form!:)

Gayle:::Bummer about messing up your workout last night! I know I get really ticked off when that happens. You still got a great workout in!! Enjoy Keith tonight!!LOL;)

Jane:::Have fun on your 4 mile run tonight.What's up next for you in your races?

waves to the rest of the gang!!!:cool:
Have a great evening everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.