ketTLEbell. wedNESday.

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!

Gayle::: How'd workout B go? any new pr's?:cool:

Marcy::: Sorry your workout wasn't fun yesterday. Hopefully todays will be better.

Rhonda::: As an early morning exerciser, I think you should workout in the mornings;) If you want to do weight work in the morning that should be quiet. I forget where you are, but if you don't have snow, maybe do some kb'ing outside? or running outside?

Jane::: Hope you are having fun in the sun!!!

Here's today's workout:
(I was very happy with it!:))
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

waves to Melissa and Nita!!
Have a wild Wednesday!!!
bbl

Deanie - Awesome job on the presses!!! I'm still feeling miffed about NJ Crossfit. Does Ross Training have much KB stuff (saw the Magic 50)? I know he's pretty highly regarded. I don't know how you manage to rock out these workouts so early in the morning!

Marcy - Sorry your workout wasn't as good as you hoped. On the bright side, I think it just means your really advanced. :)

Rhonda - I'm so not a morning exerciser. Do you have any mats that you can put down just in case? I found some puzzle mats (4x6) on sale at KMart over Christmas break. I think they were like $15 ($20 regularly). I live in a fairly rural area in VT. We're at the edge of some woods and very close to the mountains. I'm 20-30 minutes to two ski areas, and an 45min-an hour away from six others, so it's pretty easy to get out and downhill ski. We can just snowshoe and crosscountry ski right out our door, which is cool. :)

Hi Jane, Melissa, and Nita!

We are getting a great snow storm, so I've got a snow day today!! FINALLY!!! :D It's pretty heavy stuff, so I need to get out and shovel soon. We've got about 8" now, and we're expected to get at least another 6-8" throughout the day.

Workout B went really well! I PR'd my squat by 3lbs. :) Here are the details:

Buy-in: Limber up, TGU 5r/5l 12kg, 20x swings 16kg

Squat: 123lb for 3x5 PR!! - These were hard, but not terrible. I'll need to work this weight again.
Press: 53lb for 3x5
Power clean: 78lb for 3x3

Cash out: K2A 4x5

I'm resting longer between sets and it's taking a while to get these workouts done, at least an hour.

Have a great day!

Hey Gayle! Enjoy your snow!!!:):):):):)...and your snow day!

WHOO HOO!! on the pr!!:):):)
I hear you about the longer workouts. I was really spoiled with pttp. The workouts were never more than 30 min and it was great!

Yes, I am miffed too:( I wish I had known, I would have copied some workouts onto my word program! Here is the link the the rosstraining.com. If you scroll down to the end, it has a section titled Sample Workouts. He doesn't really do kettlebells, but a lot of his workouts are xfit-ish. My brother bought his book and he does have a lot of good met cons.
http://www.rosstraining.com/articles.html

....lately I don't know how I am doing these workouts in the am either!:p I am so tired in the mornings since the unscheduled winter break 2!...some days I only work till noon, and I am thinking of doing my workouts after work those days. The problem is a- motivation and b- sometimes I need to do errands after work, and c- I'm usually hungry for lunch!! Okay, now I know why I workout in the mornings!!! LOL

waves to the gang!!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

PS- did I use enough smilies??LOL ;)

eta: I think
Never Gymless is the book my brother has.

Last edited:
Good afternoon beautiful women! :) I am finally back, and I am happy to be home. I am so grateful for my sister - she is pretty awesome and amazing and I wouldn't have made it through without her.

I didn't run yesterday, now my week feels thrown off! I did ETK today, 3x5 (or is it 5x3? It was 5 rounds (rungs?) of the ladders of 3). It actually felt easy today, I am thinking it's my adrenaline or something. I did 7 minutes of swings, 25 reps with 10 (or 15 ;0]) second breaks. Ouchie, forearms! but at least not until the last 25.

Rhonda, do you know if your downstairs neighbors are up and moving around by the time you get up? If they are, I wouldn't worry about it... or, you COULD join the club and do your kb's outside? :DAs soon as it get above 45 I will be back outside swinging, pulling, pushing, and snatching away! Why do kettlebell terms sound so dirty?

Gayle, hooray for snow!!! We have had more snow than I can remember in the last 10 years. We must have stolen all of yours...
WHOOT WHOOT for your PR!!! :D :D :D

I am also bummed about having to pay now :( I am going to have my DH show me how to look up the pages viewed in our cache files. Luckily, I have enough written in my workout journal that I don't think I'll be hurting too much... if you guys wan I'll be happy to post them here for you! :)

Deanie, I am also loving these short workouts. I don't eat as much, and I haven't felt like I've been starving when I do get hungry. Ravenous is a feeling from long ago...

Jane, I hope that you guys are enjoying your break. I am sending hugs and family bonding vibes your way!!!

Nita, I hope all is well with you! :)

Marcy, did you order the new TA series? I heard that she is getting her own reality show!!! A celebrity fitness trainer with her own reality show... lol, is there anything they haven't done?

Okay, gotta run. I am bad mom because tonight is leftover night, and then I gotta take DS to soccer, DD to the basketball game and little man (DS2) to the library for some reading. We didn't get a lot done today because Big DS and I were working on his Greek Mythology project. Man, those gods were nasty!!! Brothers marrying sisters, ick ick ick!

See you later. :)

Melissa

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.