KeTTLEbell TUESday

Rhonda, when I read your post I immediately thought of Cathe's Intensity Series! Was it the warm-up in Imax 2 that song was in, or Cardio and Weights... or both?

Deanie, you ran! :D:D:D Did you run on an incline? And, just so you feel better, running is the one thing I NEVER do without shoes, especially on a treadmill; it isn't a brave thing! It hurts for me to just stand on the belt, I couldn't imagine running on it.

Jane, I am happy to hear the boss wasn't there! :D Were you looking for another job? I can't remember if you were putting resumes out or not...

I didn't work out yesterday. I was bone tired and my feet hurt. When I get the boys going this morning I will do the ETK ladders and snatches. :)

See you soon

Melissa

Good morning!

Hi Rhonda!!

Deanie - Awesome sprint workout! :cool: I would so hurt myself at 10.0! :eek:

Jane - Glad you had a good first day back to work! :D

Melissa - I hope you're feeling better today. Yes, it sounds like we've got the same kinda "tired" thing happening. WTG to DS on his presentation! I love that he wore a toga...way to get into character! Have a good workout today.

Workout A is on for tonight: squat, bench, deadlift.

I think I'm going to continue Starting Strength to the end of March, then start some kind of kettlebell program in April (maybe ETK). I really like the strength gains I'm making with this, but I am starting to get a little "fluffy" in my midsection. :eek:

Gayle, I have a fluffy butt! :D More cushion for sitting, I say. ;)
If you can believe it, he was actually excited to dress up! He was cold, but he looked awesome. There were other kids there dressed up that looked like their moms took a year to put it together. One kids was completely decked out in Civil War attire and carried a real musket. That was cool!

Okay, I am getting ready to do my workout... and I'm going to be digitally recording it :eek: It may not be pretty, but I need motivation for the days I feel like I don't want to give up on the rotation. I do like this rotation, but I am starting to get antsy so I figure if I can see myself doing all those pull-ups and cleaning that bell it will push me on to the finish line. I am hoping, at least.

See you all later!

Melissa

Hi Kettlebellers!

I'm taking an off day today. I'm going out to dinner for a friend's birthday tonight.

Deanie ~ I liked your workout for today. I'm copying it for future use!

Gayle ~ I have fluffy thighs! :) Enjoy your workout today.

Hi Rhonda!!

Melissa ~ Yes I am looking for a job now. I can't stay here with what happened last November. I don't trust my boss or the Directors here. I only talk to my boss and the Directors about work issues only. There are other reasons why I'm looking such as the financial stability of the company among other things.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Jane, enjoy the birthday soiree! :D

Well, I saw myself on video.

The Good: My form was great. My snatches looked fantastic, my presses looked fantastic. It feels good when I work out, I just wasn't sure how great my form looked because I am not a graceful person.

The Bad: It was the first time I have done ETK since last Wednesday, so I had to keep stopping because fatigue was right around the corner. My butt is bigger than I thought it was. I should also get my eyebrows plucked. (ah, vanity!)

The Ugly: My face. I am very intense when I work out, and it translated onto camera as "if anyone gets in my way I will kill them!" This could actually be retitled "The Funny" because it cracked my boys up.

I recorded how I felt before, during and after the workout. I will definitely be looking back on this because before I worked out I really didn't wanna, I just wanted to lay in bed, and during the workout I felt revved. Now I feel great! You can watch my attitude change. Recording this will definitely serve a purpose in the future. :)

Have a great day all!

Melissa

Hi all. I made the discovery that I don't have room to do step dvd's:( so they must go. I am fluffy all over:p but I have 2 months until a mini beach vaca. I have time.

I did MMA:Kickbox up to drill 2 and then ran out of time. I will finish it this afternoon.

Deanie- Great workout. You will love 5 fingers. Depending on your shoe size, they may be difficult to find. I want another pair but I can only find the lavender and gray ones.

Melissa- I have no idea which video that came from. It just popped in my head. You know the camera puts on ten pounds:p so don't worry how you looked in your video. Sounds like DS had a good time experience.

Gayle- Hey! Hope you have a good workout this evening.

Jane- Hi!! I hope your job search goes well and enjoy your evening.

Marcy- I am going to trade some videos. Any pointers or is it a no brainer?

Last edited:
Good Afternoon!!

Wow what a crazy hectic day!!:eek: I woke up late this morning, and that made the whole rest of my morning a "catch up" game! then at work, it was the 100th day of school and we had a party and activities having to do with 100! busy busy busy! finally home to relax...no where to go and nothing to do this afternoon, and dinner (veg. barley soup - YUM! ) is in the crock pot:D:D:D

Gayle::: Great job sticking with SS!! and hooray for your strength gains:D whoot whoot!..... I have a fluffy tummy :p:eek: Have fun with workout A tonight.

Melissa::: You are so funny!! you crack me up! I'm glad you had a good workout and your form looked good! Good for DS dressing up! When my DS13 was in 6th grade, they studied the Greek Myths. The project the kids had to do was to dress as their favorite Greek God/Goddess. The wore a "button" on their costume. Then the 6th grade team - either A or B.. (the grade is divided into team A or B) assembled in the cafeteria for the parents. The parents went up to the kids and pushed the button. When they did, the kids had to say who they were, what they did and as much info about the God as possible. It was fun:D

Jane::: I hope you find a new job that you like! Enjoy your day off and dinner out!! glad you liked the workout! it was fun, and tough!!:)

Rhonda::: The MMA dvds look fun! I am usually a size 6 , so I hope I don't have a problem finding my size in the Vibrams. I want to go to the store and try them on as opposed to over the internet.

Marcy::: Yea! for skinny jeans!

waves to Nita!
Have a great day ladies!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.