kEtTlEbElL tHuRsDaY

Good Morning!

Here is the workout I'm doing today.

2 Rounds
200m run - 25 SDHP - 25 Thrusters
200m run - 25 Ball Slams - 25 Push ups
200m run - 25 Swings - 25 Sit ups
200m run - 25 Squat Jumps - 25 Walking Lunges

Melissa ~ How was Mariah's game? I can't wait to hear about your session with the RKC!

My job search is stalled right now due to mom's chemo treatments. Her treatments are done in the city where I work so I have to drive her there and pick her up which results in me having to work a shorter day. I don't want to start a new job and have to leave early, etc. Since they banished my boss from the office it's been a much better place but it's still not where I want to be long term. I figure when the time is right and the start are aligned correctly, I'll find the right job.

Deanie ~ I like the burpee/swing combo. I'm glad you still have your hours but sorry that you have to work with a difficult co-worker. I used to work with a difficult co-worker. She had low self esteem and was just hard to work with and hard to like. They laid her off in March. She had a very difficult childhood and had been in a number of abusive relations so she was a very angry and paranoid person. Here's something you can try. Picture that person in a white balloon floating away from your workplace. Visualize this for 7 days and then stop. My mom's friend has been doing this with some of her employees and it works.

Thanks for the ab article!

Hi to Gayle and Rhonda.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi all!

Melissa - I can't wait to hear about your RKC visit!!!! That's so exciting! I'm glad your afternoon workout went well. :cool:

Jane - I like your plan for today. :cool: I'm glad things are at least better at your work place since the boss was banished. I have to know...with that white balloon visualization technique, is it supposed to make the person leave or just stop being PIA?

Deanie - I'm glad you got your hours :), but also sorry you'll have a difficult person to work with :(. Wicked swing/burpee workout! :eek: 7 minutes with a 20kg kettlebell is pretty freakin' awesome! :cool:

Hi Rhonda!

BBL with my workout report...gotta meeting.

Hi all!

I have to know...with that white balloon visualization technique, is it supposed to make the person leave or just stop being PIA?

It is suppose to make them leave. My mom's friend told me she pictured the person in a hot air balloon, although the balloon was all white. She pictured herself standing outside her place of work waving goodbye to the person. She did it for 7 days and both of the people left within a couple of weeks.

Picture that person in a white balloon floating away from your workplace. Visualize this for 7 days and then stop. My mom's friend has been doing this with some of her employees and it works.

Jane::: Excellent!! I am starting that now!!:p thanks! Have fun with your workout today. For me, I'd be done (fried) after the 25 thrusters!!! They are evil!!;)

Gayle::: I hope your meeting wasn't/isn't too boring!

Melissa ~ Details babe!! we want details!!!:);):p How was DD's game?

Have a great afternoon!

Jane - THANK YOU! I'm trying that. ;)

Here's what I did last night, changed up the swings:

Buy in: Practiced presses with 12kg

ETK: 15 minutes swings 30/30 @ 16kg
* Did swings for the first 30, then did 2 modified chin ups during the 2nd 30 of each interval.
* It was harder than it looked on paper. I did 15 swings almost every time. I started out with more, but had to slow the pace or I would of croaked.
* Did 2 chins every interval, except the numbers 6 and 11, where I only did one.

Cash out: 400m Forearm Burnin' Farmer Walk - I think CF603 used something very close to this as a cash out once.

Use both a 12kg and 16kg kettlebell. Only put the KB's down to change hands (every 100m). Walk:
* 50m 12kg in the left hand/16kg in the right, suitcase style
* 50m 12L overhead/16R suitcase style
* 50m 16L/12R suitcase style
* 50m 16L suitcase style/ 12R overhead
* 50m 12L/16R suitcase style
* 50m 12L racked/16R suitcase style
* 50m 16L/12R suitcase style
* 50m 16L suitcase style/ 12R racked

Have a good night everyone!

THE SESSION WAS AWESOME!!!!

From the phone conversations we'd had with him, even DH wasn't feeling too great about our upcoming time with him, but HE IS SO WONDERFUL!!! We think he just doesn't like phones. :p He had amazing pointers and I had 3 major light bulb moments with him. He caught very subtle things that I thought could be wrong but couldn't really tell because it looked just like what I was seeing on the screen. I wish I could see him for every single time I work out, but I took a notebook and got great notes. After talking with him, I told him that I was doing ETK and he advised me that I may want to start the program over again applying what I'd learned today. There weren't any major issues, but I need to have the foundations down before I progress, and I whole-heartedly agree with him. There was a part of my TGU that I wasn't getting right, and as of today I feel like I can finally do a GOOD SWING! My snatches were fine, surprisingly (must have been correcting the swing and Gayle telling me to lock those elbows!), but he showed me different way to bring the bell down. It was money and time very well spent. He showed DH how to help me, and me how to help DH. He was patient, extremely knowledgeable and very, very kind. :D:D:D I honestly could just go on and on, but there isn't enough room. He also explained to us a bit about the different styles of kettlebelling, what Steve Cotter's style is vs. Pavel and some other Russian whose name I can't even begin to pronounce but is a 10 time world champ. He also really, really, really encouraged me to compromise form for the sake of strength because he knew I cannot hear that enough!

I did 12 minutes of swinging as soon as we got back applying what he showed me, and DH watched on to make sure that I was doing it right. I did 30 seconds of swinging with jump ropes - thanks Gayle! I got that from you - I sorta hated it at the time, though. ;) I only used a 12kg so that I could really focus on form.

Deanie, how much harder did the one legged presses feel? I am afraid to try seated presses now! :p

Jane, I had never heard that before about the white balloon, but when I try to picture it in my head I feel calm towards the person I have in my head - I won't say who it is, but it makes me feel nicer towards them. Maybe it's the white. :p
I am happy to hear that your boss has been BANISHED!
BTW, thrusters make me want to puke. I love them. ;)

Gayle, how are you liking those chins?
How was the meeting?

DD's game was canceled! We are so sad, but there was lightning so they had to call it off. They were only in the 1st inning, so we were off to eat Mexican for CINCO DE MAYO!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.