Kettlebell. St. Patty's Day!

deanie

Cathlete
Top O' the Mornin' to ya!

(which my neighbor from Ireland told me just now at the bus stop, was NOT a Irish saying!:eek:.... who knew?! **hee hee** but I like it!)

Rhonda::: Good job getting thru MMA! Enjoy your spring break. Mine is in 2 more weeks and I am counting the days! I LOVE that backsplash!!! very cool:cool:... and I LOVE Goldie Hawn, so I would have to say I am private Benjamin;)

Jane::: ((( positive vibes))) I hope you got/get good news!

I think I finally broke my plateau!!:D:D:D:D we'll see on Saturday, but the c&p's went really well today! http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

waves to Melissa, Gayle and Marcy!

Rhonda, TAWANDA!!!!!
That is one of my all-time favorite movies ever in the history of movies! Whenever I pass little towns that have a railroad running through it, I try to imagine it as Whistle Stop. I still cry with I think of Buddy Threadgood.
I want backsplash now.

Deanie, I didn't know that wasn't Irish! That Lucky Charms Leprechaun said it... are you going to tell me there are no Leprechauns in Ireland, too! :eek:
Yay for breaking plateaus! :D:D:D

Anyone have Irish kin? Me' grams has red hair and freckles, and green eyes with wee brown specks. The only Irish we have in our family was her great great great (however many greats) grandma. In the very early 1800's she fell in love with an English soldier when he was stationed in Ireland. They met at her job as a fish-salter when they were both 18. He deserted the army and they ran off somewhere but they found him or he turned himself in and they were then sent to Canada. Since then, her side only married Germans (but there is one Lakota Sioux) and all had blonde hair and blue eyes or jet black hair on her side of the family. EXCEPT for my grandma. Irish popped up over 100 years later, isn't that cool?

No workout to report yet. I will get it in this afternoon since we have Art this morning. :)

Be back later,
Melissa

Good morning!

Rhonda - Great job on MMA! Enjoy your break! :) We have one coming up in a couple weeks, too. I still have to work, but it'll be quieter...hopefully. ;) I love those tiles! I really think we're going to go with glass on the backsplash. I love Netflix, too.

Deanie - Thanks for the color swatch! Great work on your C&P's! I bet you crush them on Saturday. :cool:

Melissa - I love your family story! That whole history is really cool. I'm 1/4 Irish. My maternal grandfather was 100%. His father came to the U.S. from Ireland. My maternal grandmother is Austrian, and my father's family is all very Welsh/English. There's definitely a latent blue-eyed blond gene in there, because both my nieces and one of my nephews are PLATINUM blond and blue-eyed. On a funny note, my sisters and I all married blue-eyed blond men. My late aunt was very much into genealogy and traced my father's side of the family back a long ways. She gave me copies of what she had back before the Internet existed, I should dig it out and see if I can find anything about the characters.

Jane - Also sending positive news vibes for your mom.

Hi Marcy!

Here's last night's workout:

ETK: 5min TGU @ 12kg - I know I'm not supposed to count, but it came out to 5r/4+l

PTTP:
155x5 warm up
183x5
173x5
* I need to take better care of my callouses, my hands were killing me!

Cash out:
OHS
33x5
53x3x3
Foam roll

Have a great day!

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

So first the bad news...mom has cancer. Here is the good news...it's stage 1 uterine cancer and curable. She will have a hysterectomy (which she had to have anyway) and they will take out some lymph nodes as well just as a precaution. She may have to have 1 dose radiation and that's it. No chemo at all. It wasn't the news that we were looking for but it is what it is. She will have surgery on Tuesday. My sister from Illinois is coming in today and will stay for the surgery and a couple of days post surgery. She has to go to Tallahassee for the surgery but since I work in Tally, it's no big deal for me.

Mom was released from the hospital today and is SO happy to be going home for a couple of days to regroup. She will have a nice visit with my sister before she goes into surgery. She said that she is going to have the fastest recovery time ever.

I have to pick sis up from the airport today so I don't know if I'll get a workout in but I will workout tomorrow and will mostly likely do the 5K race that I have planned on Saturday morning.

Deanie ~ Yay for breaking through the plateau!!!

Melissa ~ No Irish in me. I'm parts German, Luxembourg and Belgian.

Rhonda ~ I love Netflix. We gave mom a 1 year gift subscription. I actually had Fried Green Tomatoes at the restaurant that was featured in the film. The tomatoes were good but the rest of the food wasn't so great. I love that movie.

Jane::: I'm sorry about the cancer diagnosis, but I am so happy it is stage one and so easily treatable!!!!!

Gayle::: Great workout last night!

Melissa::: Cool Irish story!....no Irish in me; just Russian and Polish...good child bearing hips! LOL!:p;)

Rhonda::: I read the book, didn't see the movie, but the book was awesome!

Have a great evening!

Jane - I'm sorry to hear that it's cancer, but glad to hear that the prognosis is good. FWIW, my grandmother had a similar thing happen to her many years ago (maybe 15). They found very early stage cancer and she had a hysterectomy. I don't think they did anything with the lymph nodes and I don't think she had radiation, but she's gonna be 89 in another month...so it hasn't been an issue since. (((HUGS)))

Jane, I echo everyone else: sorry it's cancer, HAPPY it's treatable and only in stage 1!!! My grandma also had to have a hysterectomy for some cancer stuff - it happened too young for me to remember, at least 23 years ago, but she's still here.
Your mom said she's going to have the fastest recovery time? What a great attitude. Wow, she's got gumption!

Gayle, like all Germans (myself included) DH is SO PROUD of the fact that he is German, so proud of his heritage (why are Germans like that?)... that is until we started doing his family tree. His mom told him he's German - why she lies is a whole 'nother story ;) , but he found out that he is actually Welsh/English. I cannot tell you how disappointed he was! His surname is Welsh and every single name in his line for the past 100 years on both sides is English!!! He is in such denial, he wants to be German so badly, lol. He has blond hair and blue eyes so he thinks that his tree is all wrong. He is so American he still holds a grudge against England. :p

Deanie, when did your ancestors come over? I am sincerely happy that they did. Extremely happy :D We studied WWII at the beginning of the year. What happened in Eastern Europe is absolutely horrific. I am grateful that my German ancestors wanted to get away from that oppressive and dominating way of life... which of course makes me more proud, lol. On my dad's side they came over around 1890, on my grandma's side about the same time. Most of my grandma's kin came here for religious freedom and became Amish - or Pennsylvania Dutch (Deutsch).

Golly, I'm chatty!

Rhonda, you know you've got some Irish in you somewhere! :p:p:p

I ROCKED ETK MEDIUM!!! I felt so so so so so good! My form was, for the most part, excellent and spot on. What a good day!

Gotta run, see you guys tomorrow! :)

Melissa

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.