kettlebell checkin* * *tuesday

Waves To Deanie!

Good Morning

How was everyone's extended weekend?

I've been so bad as I've not been consistent w/ ETK :eek:

Need to get back on the wagon as this weekend threw me off - so I'm jumping back on before it goes on without me :)

picture.php

workout done:::

**warm up per the workbook:4 cycles

**TGU: 10 min. ::: 30#kb
13 left side
13 right side

**snatch::: 25#kb:::7.51 minutes:::16 sets of 5l/5r:::total 160
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
(working towards 10 min/200 snatches!!!)

***GREAT WORKOUT TODAY
smile.gif
!!

BBL for personals,,,,,running late:eek:!!

Hi again

Vilma~ get your butt in gear chicka!!!;):) get back on the wagon with ETK!! have a good workout!

Andilynn~ I'm glad you liked Santa Monica! the body weight squats were tough for me too!!! I hope you get your ropes today:)

Marcy
~ Great workout yesterday. I am jealous you tried the Bikram yoga!!! I have always wanted to try it, but there is no where around here to go!! Do you think you will go again?

Gayle~ How were the deadlifts yesterday? Hiking sounds nice, we try to some in the summer with the boys. Always fun!! The chalk sounds like a great idea. I will have to research where to get some. Maybe Dicks Sporting Goods?

Jane~ after running 5 miles and 50 swings I would be done for the day too!!!LOL I have to do 50 swings next week in ETK and I'm a-skeered!!:eek:

Rhonda~ I hope you had a good day yesterday!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning everybody! I've had my rest day so I'm ready to go again I just can't decide between trying Santa Monica again or doing Firepower, decisions, decisions..... I'm really excited about the ropes I bet Santa Monica is super tough with that included! I'm also itching to start ETK I may talk myself nto that before the day is out!

Hi to Vilma, Deanie and all who come by later!

Hi everyone!

Deanie - Nice job on those snatches! I bought my chalk from a local outing club for $1 per block, like this. http://www.rei.com/product/474181
They use it for rock climbing and buy it in bulk. If Dick's doesn't carry it, climbing gyms or most places that sell outdoor/climbing gear (like EMS or REI) usually do.

Vilma - Get back on that wagon, girl. ;)

Andilynn - Have good workout. I hope your ropes come soon.

Jane - Good run! I think the only way I could run 5 miles is if I was being chased by a bear. ;):)

Waves hello to Marcy, Farmer, Pascal and anyone else who joins the fun.

Deadlifts went well last night. I worked a little on my bench press as well. One thing I've noticed about heavy deadlifting is that I sleep like a baby afterward. It's worth doing just for that. :)

I've got errands to run tonight, so I don't have a workout planned.

Have great day!

Good Afternoon All!

I started out this morning with pullups. I'm now up to Week 1 of the Challenge (started out at Week -2):

2, 1, 1, 2, 2&3/4

Then I did the All Interval premix from Amy's Kickbox Xtreme which also had core work.

Then I did my TGUs. Used 25# for the first time. What a difference from 20-25#! I did 6 on each side.

My quads are still killing me. I'm thinking it's still from the yoga unless it's also from the extra swings yesterday. My whole body actually feels achy today - but in a good way like I really had a good workout.

Deanie - I found a few locations for you for Bikram which seem pretty close to you. I'll e-mail them to you. I would definitely do Bikram again. There is a set of Bikram DVDs by Tony Sanchez and another one by Jimmy Barkan. I'd like to get the Sanchez DVDs but have to check out Jimmy Barkan more. I've heard good things about both. Sanchez has 4 DVDs. The last two are really advanced. I would say that I took a beginner to intermediate class. I don't know if all the classes are the same. From what I hear, it's usually the same fixed practice with 26 poses. The studio I went to has a 6AM class 3 days a week, evening weekend classes so I have plenty of opportunities to go.

Andilynn - Do Firepower!

Vilma - Hope you have a great workout!

Waves to Jane, Gayle, Farmer and all who follow!

Marcy

Thanks Gayle~ I called REI today, and they have some in stock!!!:) I am going to pick it up Wed. or thursday!

Marcy~ thanks!

Andilynn~ what did you decide?

I think I have to do Santa Monica again , it was really great! I called Beachbody the other day to order the brackets and screws for my P90x pull-up bar (which I lost)! And they were nice enough to replace them for free! Even though I ordered it two years ago. So as soon as that gets here I have no excuse not to start ETK, I guess after that I'll do a rotation of STS since I'm feeling really guilty about it sitting on the shelf while I play with my kettlebells!:)

Hi Everyone,

Didn't have time to post this yesterday.

I did the February Challenge and then Keith Weber's ab segment.

17 Upright Rows
16 Mountain Climbers
15 Bicep Curls
14 Kettlebell Thrusters (7 each side)
13 Russian Twists
12 Cleans (6 each side)
11 Walking Swings
10 Single Leg Deadlifts w/kb (5 each side)
9 Calf Raises
8 Kettlebell Push Press
7 Squat Thrusts
6 Windmills (3 each side)
5 Renegade Rows
4 TGUs (2 each side)
3 Planks
2 Mr. Spectaculars
1 Burpee
125 Jump Rope

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.