kettlebell check in....Wednesday 1.7

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning gals

Today was Manmakers 2X from the Empire State dvd. I also did the tabata for ropes from the AOS women's page. Ropes were hard and there were a few 20sec exercises I couldn't finish!!:(

for the manmakers I used 20# dumbbells
for the swings I used my 30# kettlebell
for the crush curls i started with my 30#, but it doesn't have the vinyl coating and my hands were slipping, so I switched to my 25# kb:mad:

Gayle~ I have seen (some where on a kettlebell website) people using fire hoses instead of ropes, so it can be done. I don't have a way to weigh the ropes...

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning!

Taking a rest day today. We're getting some nasty weather here in the northeast, so I'm staying in and doing some work from home.

Deanie - Are the crush curls the same as the triple crush in Providence? 30lb is impressive. I struggle with keeping my hands around the 18lber.

Good morning!

Well, today is a rest day although I got Empire State in the mail yesterday and I'm dying to try it I havn't previewed the Manmakers yet! I'm almost to itimidated by the name!

Hi Deanie, Wow! great job with the crush curls!I still use a 20# for crush curls (I'm working on it though) but I agree with Gayle sometimes it feels huge and hard to hold onto in my hands!

Woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning, so much prettier than all the rain we been having, hope the sun shines a little today.

Hi, kettlebellers!

This morning I did AOS Providence for the first time. I LOVED it!! The time just flew by! The toughest round for me was the round with the windmills into the overhead squats. Yowza! I have 15, 20, and 25 lb kettlebells. I could definitely use a heavier kb for some moves, but for the most part what I have now is just fine.

Deanie - man, your workouts scare me! I am so impressed that you were able to do crush/curls with a 30# kb! Is Empire State/Manmaker similar to Providence? Are each of those workouts about 40 min. long?

Gayle - enjoy your rest day. Yesterday I took an unintended rest day, and I felt pretty guilty about it, but I felt energized this morning, so maybe it was a good thing.

Andilynn - enjoy your new DVD!!! I did my first AOS this a.m. and I really like Anthony. I will probably order more (though I'm on a fitness spending freeze right now!)

Have a great day, everybody! :)

Deanie, funny you mention fire hoses! Living on 15 acres in the wooded mountains, we actually have a bunch of fire hoses "lying around" -- it would never have occurred to me to use them. The thing is, they're kind of fragile, so I'd have to figure out which one someone drove over and use that one. I don't know that I'll ever really get to this, but it's an idea if I need something new in the future!!

-Beth

Hi Everyone,

We are having a beautiful day in South Georgia/North Florida after some early morning rain.

This evening I plan to do my 200 swings and 4 rounds of the following:
120 Jump Rope
20 KB High Pulls
14 KBClean and Press (7L/7R)
10 Renegade Rows

Deanie - Way to go on using the 30# on the crush curls.

Pascal - Congrats on doing Providence of the first time. I love that workout.

Beth/Gayle - We used fire hoses in the fitness boot camp that I attended, mainly because one of the instructors was a fire fighter in the Air Force. We didn't use it as a rope like Anthony does, we would just run hills with it and things like that.

Hi Andilynn!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

Today I did Providence. I was able to get through it all without any extra rests until after the abs so I could have enough energy for the snatches. Did 3 more snatches on each side than last time. Had some trouble on the clean and press and didn't do the full 2 mins. on the tactical lunges and hi-pull to a squat but otherwise today was my best doing Providence so far.

Pascal - Empire State has more core work and more bodyweight exercises. Each round alternates between a lower body move, a core move and an upper body move. Since each round is 2 mins., you only do each exercise for 40 secs. Empire State is also around 40 mins. Providence clocks in at 49:15. The Manmaker workout consists of Manmakers, Swings and Crush Curls. It has options to do the workout once, twice or three times. I should be on a spending freeze right now too, but I just found a GoFit KB at Dick's for only $44.99 (plus $11.85 for shipping). it seems to good to good to pass up.

Gayle - Yes, the crush curls are the same in Manmakers as in Providence.

Andilynn - I'm still using 20# for the crush curls too but am now ready to go to 25#.

Hi Beth and Lioness!

Marcy

Hello Everyone

This morning I did my cardio which was Step Blast then I followed it up w/ the 200 swings (same as yesterday as that seems to work for me).

Deanie sounds like you got a through workout in this morning. Those ropes sound like something else.

Wow crush curls w/ 30#? I can only do them with my 12kg so far and my fingers get cramps as the bell is hard to hold in that cup position but I seem to manage alright ;)

Gayle
the crush curls are just for the biceps- holding the bell in your cupped hands w/ elbows close to your body then do a bicep curl. Triple curls are are the combined crush w/ triceps included. Those bells are hard to hold in that position esp if your all sweaty and my hands are not that big to cup that bell but we do what we can right?

andilynn
so have you previewed ES yet? What do you think of it so far? 1st time I did it I was like eh (didn't feel worked out much) then the next day I was like HELLO Dom city lol

Pascal
I have KBW ( which is Providence remade w/ Beth Chamberlain) that one is a goodie for sure. I lust over Anthony's painted kettlebells they look so cool.

Jane nice workout -another one I need to file away :) Once I get renegade rows down. Thanks

Waves to Beth and Marcy! :)

picture.php

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.