kEtTlEbElL cHeCk iN...tUeSdAy

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Kettlebellers!!

Today was Newport. I kept the weight light (since I went heavy yesterday) and took no rests between rounds. Instead of jumping rope between each round, I did a jumprope tabata after wards. I was thinking jumping rope between rounds may be too much?

Gayle::: I am deadlifting in Resolution after vacation. I haven't ever done it with heavy weight so I want to try and get my form correct.

Jane::: Great job on the race! sorry about missing your pr by 8 seconds.

Marcy::: great job with the chinups and run!

Andilynn::: How was Star Trek?

waves to everyone else!!

Have a great day!!

Hello everyone! How was everyone's weekend? We had a lot of fun! We were camping with a couple of friends of ours and everyone's kids and we just had a blast. :) BUT, I did come back with poison ivy or oak or something like that - I am swollen, streaked, red, blotchy and blistered. It is UGLY and irritating. :confused: Cortisone and Calamine aren't helping much at all; I must have woken up half a dozen times last night scratching through the sheets. It is covering the left side of my face and my front hipbone area so it rubs against my pants, ugh!, it is so annoying! I must have walked through something nasty trying to get in the van - DH parked the passanger side sorta in some bushes and weeds.

Here was my workout from today:

SIM week 4, Day 1
30 sec work/15 second rest periods/1 min rest between rounds

Round 1:

Press
20#
Snatch 25#
Double Squat 40#
Get up-Sit up 20#
DB KB dead clean 20#
Fig. 8 w/ hold 25#
pushups 25
plank

Round 2:
Long Cycle Jerk
15#
Snatch 25#
H2H Sumos 35#
Side Bends 20#
Alt. Cleans 15#
Fig. 8 25#
pushups (military style) 20ish

Round 3:
Jerk 15#
Half Snatch 25#
Squats 40#
Windmill 25#
DB KB cleans 20#
staggered pushups 10 each side
High Plank

After the first round I had to lighten the weights a little bit for the beginning of each round because it really is much harder with that shorter break. It felt really good, though, as I really focused on form.

Cash out: couplets
jump rope/push ups
squat jumps/jumping pullups
snatches/thrusters

In each couplet do rounds of 20/16/12/8 (except for the jump roping, I just multiplied x5 for # of jumps) before moving on to the next couplet. I don't even want to tell you how much time it took me to finish this, the last couplet killed me! The thrusters got me good, I think that the last couplet took more than half of the time it took to finish the entire thing all together. I will tell you that the first two took less than 9 minutes, and I will leave it at that. ;]

Andilynn! I live in the Zionsville area, NW of Indianapolis. We are zoned to Lebanon schools, though. I am originally from the Gary/Merrillville area, the armpit of the great Midwest. :p It is great to see another Hoosier here! :D what did you think of Star Trek?

Have a great day everyone.

Missy

Good Morning everyone!

I had a great time in Florida. I hung out with my little sister. The wedding was nice and the weather wasn't too bad.

I have been lazy the past few days but I am back on track today.

I did one segment of Classical Stretch and Extreme KB Cardio the swings and manmaker segments.

Deanie- Great job on Newport.

Missy- Way to workout through the itching. Hope you find relief soon. Classical Stretch is like going to the Chiropractor. When you are stretching you can hear your body popping and loosening. I like to do it at least 2-3 times a week. I know that it comes on PBS in Florida but I bought the DVD's because it isn't broadcast here.

When you said that your rats were potty trained, I pictured them using a dixie cup to go in.

Jane- Good job on your race.

Marcy- Good job on chinups and running. Some exercise is better than none.

Andilynn- How is STS going. Are you noticing any changes?

9 More Days till summer vacation!!

Good Afternoon!

I managed to fit it Hilary Burnett's Advanced Mat Pilates yesterday. Today I finally did Slim Series Shape It Up, a 78-min. total body workout. Quickly moves from one move to the next with no rest. I used 5# throughout and got a good workout. Lots of standing core work which I like and push-pull method which enables me to go through the workout without stopping for extra rest. I also went for .3 mile jog with Max.

I hate to admit it but I'm enjoying my rest away from kettlebells. I will get back to them but am really trying to concentrate on leaning out a little.

Deanie - For you, maybe jumprope between Newport rounds no problem! For me, no way! Although I think you're probably right to do tabata afterwards.

Jane - Congratulations on winning the race! Even though it wasn't your PR, you did a great job!

Missy - Great workout! Sorry about your poison ivy:( I hope it goes away soon!

Farmer - How do you like Extreme KB Cardio?

Andilynn - Are you enjoying STS so far?

Waves to Gayle!

Marcy

Hey all!

Yesterday I finally got around to doing Jane's "Fab 40's" workout and my legs are REALLY feeling those walking lunges. I hadn't done them in a while and forgot how much "fun" they could be. :confused: Here's the workout (I tweaked a couple of things):

[FONT=&quot][/FONT] The Fab 40s (16kg)
40 meter walking lunges
40 kettlebell swings (American)
40 meter walking lunges
40 pushups
40 meter walking lunges
40 crunches (situps)
40 meter walking lunges
40 kb rows 20/20 (subbed sumo deadlift high pull)
40 meter walking lunges
40 squats
40 meter walking lunges
40 jump ropes
40 meter walking lunges
40 kb clean and press 20/20 (cleans only)
40 meter walking lunges
40 kettlebell swings (Russian)
40 meter walking lunges
40 oblique crunches
(situps)
40 meter walking lunges

I'm heading to the gym tonight, but am still up in the air about what to do...maybe some deadlifts.

Marcy - After so much focused KB work with ETK, I don't blame you for wanting a break from them for a while.

Missy - Nice workout. I hope you find something to get rid of your itching.

Deanie - Nice workout. I've jumped rope between rounds on Providence (going light) and it was a good workout, but never with Newport...it still kicks my butt too much as-is.

Rhonda - How'd you like Extreme KB Cardio? I'm never going to look at Dixie cups the same way ever again. :p

Jane - Great job on your race!

Hi Andilynn!

Marcy and Gayle- I like Extreme. The filming and sound is kind of crappy but I am so focused on the exercises that I don't really look at the tv. I just occasionally glance up to make sure I am on track. I like the fact that the rest time between segments is very short. One day I will be able to complete the whole thing.

Marcy- I saw some of your posts on Video Fitness. I didn't even know that they had a Classical Stretch thread. There are so many videos that I want now. Shame on you for being an enabler ;). Can I send you my credit card bill?

Gayle-Sorry to give you the mental image about Dixie Cups :). That Fab 40 workout sounds fun.

I contacted Lisa Shaffer so that I can do a 1 on 1 session with her. She is also conducting a class in my area. I have got to get snatches down.

Farmer - Sorry to enable!:(:eek: Unfortunately, you can't send me your CC bills unless you want me to send you mine!:D

You're so lucky to have Lisa Shaffer in your area. Can't wait to hear about your training session.

Gayle - Those walking lunges don't sound like too much fun! Reminds me of the premix from Butts & Guts.

Marcy

I did more of Extreme this evening. I finished it except for the Turkish Get Up section. I tried to get up but at that point I could barely get up so I got down and lay on the floor for a minute to recover.

Newport is on sale this week. I want it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.