Clean & Press

Dumbbell rows

Body weight hops

Repeat 3-5X

I warmed up by jumping rope with my white rope for 2 minutes,
did the workout 3X, each exercise for 60 seconds,
used a 20#kb and 15#db
finished up with a rope tabata

fun workout! and I liked the dumbbell snatches! - something different!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Everyone,

I didn't get my run in yesterday so I did a lower body kickbox dvd. It's suppose to rain again today but I'm hoping I can workout under the carport unless it's stormy. Here is the workout I have planned. I made this one up. We'll see how it goes. I'll tweak it if it seems to easy/tough.

2 minutes of Jump Rope
10 Mr. Spectaculars
2 minutes of Jump Rope
15 kb Upright rows
2 minutes of Jump Rope
20 kb front squats
2 minutes of Jump Rope
25 Ball Slams
2 minutes of Jump Rope
30 box jumps
2 minutes of Jump Rope
40 1-arm sit ups (20/20)
2 minutes of Jump Rope
50 kb swings
2 minutes of Jump Rope

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Hi everyone! Well it's a cloudy and cool day in Indiana although tomorrow is supposed to be wall to wall sunshine. Today was a cardio day for me so I pulled out KPC, it's been awhile and I was sweaty and smiling from ear to ear when I was done! I really am looking foward to the new cardio workouts.

Deanie-Looks like another fun workout, I seem to remember you use a gymboss timer. I'm thinking about making this purchase, do you like yours? I think for non dvd workouts it would be helpful?!

Rhonda-hee hee , leave your teeth on the dresser( I had not seen that one)!

Marcy- Thanks for the link!

Waves to all!:)

Hi everyone!

Jane - That looks like a smoker you have planned for tonight.

Deanie - The 1200 looked tough. I like what you did today.

Andilynn - I really need to re-visit KPC. That is such a fun workout. :) I have a GymBoss timer and love it. It's really handy.

Rhonda - WTG on the chins! The deadlifts are definitely building muscle in my legs, particularly in the hamstring/glute area, but I'm not sure that I'm getting more defined. The areas that I really noticed a change were my shoulders/arms and upper back, they got more defined. My upper back also got bigger, I didn't measure it, but I have shirts in a size small that are now tight around the armpit area.

Marcy - ITA w/ Jane on the kettlebell core work. Those 1 arm sit ups kill me! What's a seated figure 8 pass?

Waves hello to Missy! Hope you got some good sleep.

Last night I brought the barbell outside and did the WOD from CF 603.

3 Rounds
- 7 thrusters (I used 55lbs)
- Run 400m

11:44. I was not happy with this time. My thruster sets were all unbroken, no rests. The route I run is around the lawn and meadows on our property. I thought it was 400m, so I mapped it on Gmaps Pedometer...turns out it's 500m!! So now I don't feel as bad...still not fast, but not as bad as I thought.

Deanie - I expect you to crush this! You're way faster than me. :)

I'm taking a rest day today and going to the movies to see Star Trek (finally). :)

Have a good one!

Good Afternoon!

I woke up a little bit late today so I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do (including the KB abs which I will do tomorrow) but I did do Slim Series' Mix It Up which included a lot of band work (which I find very effective for that extra burn):

Warmup - really fried my shoulders!
Lat Pulls - 5#
forward lunge with hammer curl - 5#
Bent over rows - 8# (24 slow, 12 fast, hold 4 counts)
Crossover lunge with bicep curl - 8# - tough - didn't think it was going to be but I guess it's all those reps!
Double Row with band
Squat with bicep curl with band (tough!)
jog, half jack, jog, march
Plie Squats -5# and with front shoulder raise - 5#
Rear Delt Raise - 5# and double time (tough)
Reverse lunge and back kick - 5#
Arnold Press - 5# (16 slow and 16 fast)
Plie Squats - 5# - low ends, with lat raise, and more low ends
Bent Over Delt Rows - 5#
Squat with Leg lift - 5#
Alternating Shoulder Press with band (tough!)
jog, half jacks, jog, march
Upper cut series (also cross punches, standing oblique crunches, shoulder high lawnmower (best way I can describe it), etc.
Chair Pose - hold 30 seconds
Plie Hold - 26 seconds
Triangle
Standing Fly - 5#
1-arm tricep extension with band
Lying down - "C" sweep (lift arms overhead and come around to touch dumbbells together - 5#
Lying Tricep Extension (and with twist at top) - 5#
Pelvic Tilts
Pushups - 20 on toes
Kickbacks leaning on one knee - 5#
Bent leg kicks (foot flexed)
Chest Press - 8# and with turning elbows together
Overhead Extensions - 8# (tough!)
Tricep Press - 8#
Reverse Crunches - I did them in diamond shape like in Tracey Staehle's Glute Camp - feel it more in lower abs)
Stretch
3&3/4 chinups

Has anyone seen the Insanity preview from Beachbody? Looks like a killer workout which I think we would all love. It's a plyometrics cardio circuit. In one guy's youtube video, he said he burned 472 calories in 41 minutes. Average HR was 142, Max 181. He was in his target heart rate zone for 32 out of the 41 minutes. He even said the warmup was tough. I think he said the 9 minutes he was out of the zone was for stretches and maybe the water breaks. I think they were about 3 minute intervals with 30 seconds rests. I wonder how it will compare to Shock Cardio. Lots of burpees!

Deanie - Fun workout! I'm thinking snatches must be your favorite KB exercise.

Jane - Looks like a fun workout! Hope it doesn't rain for you.

Andilynn - You're welcome! I also need to revisit KPC.

Gayle - Aside from your massive strength gains from deadlifts, what other results have you noticed? A seated figure 8 pass looks like it's done in a boat position and you just pass the KB through your legs like you would if you were standing. Here's a link:

http://deer-division.com/blog/2008/05/30/seated-figure-8-pass/

Enjoy Star Trek!

Missy - Are you sleeping any better?

Waves to Rhonda!

Marcy

Marcy - Thanks for the link! I guess one thing I've noticed is that my posture is better without me having to constantly think about it...if that makes sense. I've also noticed that in daily life, core-centric stuff is easier.

On the downside, my cardio has suffered somewhat. I think it's just from not doing it as often.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.