Kettlebell check in.....Thursday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today was a variety day with ETK.
I did 11 min. of TGUs with my 35#kb, 10 on each side and some swings with my 45#kb (hopefully that will help me on Sat. when I swing with only 5 seconds rest!!) I wanted to do a rope tabata, but I ran out of time:confused:

running late, bbl for personals!!
have a great day!

Hi Everyone!

Tonight I going to visit my with sister who is in town from Chicago. All of my sisters (I have 3) will be there and we are going to do a kettlebell workout together. It should be fun. I just wrote up a bunch of exercises that we can do. I'm going to try and stay away with anything leg related because my 4 mile run last night was tough and I have a race on Saturday morning. I felt like I was running through mud. So I'm going to do some swings, Mr. Spectaculars and upper body work.

Deanie ~ I'm still amazed that you can do TGUs with 35lbs.

Waves hello to everyone!!

Hi again

Jane~ Oooh! sounds like fun!!:D:D Enjoy!

Marcy~ What did you do for a variety day? Interesting article you posted. I don't think I am a pear. I think I am an hourglass, with a new thicker waist thanks to the fabulous 40's!;) It seems if I do alot of cardio or cut back to almost none, I don't notice a difference. Basically my body really just reacts to the change in workouts not the cardio.... and I always look the same.....sigh!

Gayle
~ What's on the agenda today?

waves to Farmer, Andilynn and Vilma!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning!

Jane - Have your sisters met Mr. Spectacular yet? ;) That sounds like a lot of fun.

Deanie - You are the TGU queen.

I don't know what I'm going to do tonight. I was thinking Newport, but I keep looking at the Mtn Athlete workout posted for 3/9...

Waves hello to Marcy, Andilynn, Farmer and Vilma.

Have a great day. :)

Good morning everybody! Well yesterday was a busy(although succesful day) my mom's cardioversion was a success , we ratified our contract at work and I got a 91 on my algebra exam, so I'm quite pleased! When I got home in the evening I did the one alarm from Firepower,the ropes from Santa Monica and the abs and stretch from 4DS Kickbox.I toying with an idea, I'm thinking of changing up my routine a little, I'm wondering if I alternate training week by week , such as Kettlebells one week, STS the next, kettlebells again the next week, 4DS the next and so on that way I could shock my body a little?! Plus for me I have to keep things fresh( there goes my ADD again)! I don't want to lose the great results I'm getting with kettlebells maybe this could even tweak them a little?!

Waves to Deanie, Gayle, Jane and all who follow! :) Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!

Today was Power Yoga for Happiness 2 (the full practice). I had a pretty good practice although my balance was a little off here and there although I finally managed to do a good side crane on the left side. I got some kinks out but my quads are still hurting from the Squeeze Lower Body Challenge.

Deanie - Great job with the TGUs! I'm sure you'll have no problem with your swings on Saturday after swinging with a 45 today. Are you going to use a 45 on Saturday? Glad you liked the article. My DH said I looked best when I did a rotation with Cathe's circuit workouts (when we got the no-name series). I got so much into splits, I stopped doing circuits and also did less cardio. I might try getting back to them.

Jane - That is so nice you're going to have a family kettlebell workout. My family is not one who exercises although I'm still hoping my DH will again one day.

Gayle - The mtnathlete workout looks scary to me. As hard as Newport it, I'd stick with Newport. Have a great workout whichever one you choose!

Waves hello to Farmer, Andilynn and Vilma! Have a great day!

Marcy

Marcy~ Glad you are feeling better for the most part!! No Way am I going to try the 45#er on Saturday!!!:eek::eek: LOL! I am hoping by swinging the heavier bell, the 35#er will feel lighter and therefore easier on Sat.!:) For me, I like the kb's because the exercises are not muscle specific so much - TGU's work the entire body- and I really like that! and also, I am not a big cardio fan!

Andilynn~ I think (?) it may be better to shock your body by changing your program every 2 weeks than every week. Plus I don't think I could change gears every week! Good luck to you if you can!:)

Gayle~ I like the Mt. Athlete workout. In fact, I copied a few of them!! They are really tough, but it would be fun to see if and how far I could get thru. Let us know what you pick. Either is challenging!

Good morning!

Jane - Have your sisters met Mr. Spectacular yet? ;) That sounds like a lot of fun.

Have a great day. :)

One of them has. One of them has never touched a kettlebell so we'll so how it goes. She's also the smallest of us. She doesn't have to work. She can garden and do light housework and get muscle. Totally sick. She got the skinny side my of mother's family and I got pear side.

Can you explain the Mr. Spectacular and Mr. Athlete workouts? The names alone sound awesome. Love the rope tabatas!!!

Can you explain the Mr. Spectacular and Mr. Athlete workouts? The names alone sound awesome. Love the rope tabatas!!!

Hi Jan - Mtn. Athlete is a web site for a gym. They post their workouts in the same way CrossFit does. Here's the site: http://www.mtnathlete.com/

Click on the "Hybrid Workouts" link for a full list of workouts.

"Mr. Spectacular" is a Mtn. Athlete creation that consists of a double kettlebell (or dumbbell) clean and press, set them down, do a walkout, a pushup, then walk back in. Here's a video demo of them: http://www.mtnathlete.com/subpage_details.php?subpage_ID=108&page_ID=14

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.