Kettlebell Check In ---> Sunday--->Jan. 4

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Gals

Today is a rest day for me! The one day a week I can sleep late. :D

Gayle~ WOW I love that you can do 100 snatches! Very impressive. Just last week I feel I really nailed the snatch and feel confident with doing it. Do you have ropes? I ordered some from ebay, they should be here next week. I have ropes gone wild and can't wait to try it. Welcome to your first ever checkin!! :)

Pascal~ Welcome! No this is NOT a closed thread:) happy to have you join in! I also have Newport and Providence and haven't tried Newport yet either. I've only been doing kettlebells since October and got Providence in December. I've been alternating Providence, The Empire State and the Manmakers workout on the Empire State dvd. I only have AOS dvds, and a Keith Weber dvd that I haven't tried yet, and probably won't for a while (looks tough, and I'm starting the enter the kettlebell program in Feb)

waves to everyone else! Have a great day!

Last edited:
Hey Deanie - I don't have ropes...yet. I'm intrigued by them, but need to figure out how to find them on the cheap.

Hey Gayle...I got my ropes from ebay (buy now, not in an auction) from rope seller item # 230306320623 they were $1.23 a foot and shipping started at $9.75 with .10 cents each additional foot (100 yards of rope would be $19.99 shipping) My total was about $62. with shipping.

I got the 1.5 width, I have small hands, but I think they also come in 2" widths also.
I got 40 feet. I found the site/item from the AOS website forums.

Hello All!

Last night I ended up doing that Magic 50 that Deanie had posted along with some minor modifications by increasing the reps.

I still can not snatch my 12kg - well I can with my dominant hand but my left hand I can only manage 4-5 before my form falls miserably. I can do snatches well using my 8kg but eh need to improve,

Looking forward to receiving my copy of Lisa Shaffer's workshop clinic dvd.

Today I'll be doing Lauren's On The Edge dvd.

Deanie enjoy your Sunday - as I've mentioned my rest day is on Thursdays to coincide w/ dh's full day off of work.

Welcome Pascal and hello to all that follow :)

picture.php

I've got house guest today so I have Providence on tap for this evening. How much room do you need for the ropes ? I almost ordered Santa Monica(I think it has ropes on it?) but went ahead and got Empire State because I wasn't sure about the ropes. They look like fun but I wasn't sure if they have to be attached to something?

Hi Everyone,

I have another check-in, but this one sounds very interesting to me also. May I join? I only have (2) 20# kettlebells. I ordered Newport and a fantastic kettlebell workout by Steve Maxwell. They should be arriving in the mail soon. I will most likely do only two workouts of these a week before STS comes out. When STS is here, I'm not sure if I'll be doing any kettlebell workouts for awhile.

I'm also ordering ropes that are 1.5" to jump rope with. Can't wait for that, much different from a regular jump rope I'm sure.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Hi, everyone!

Deanie - enjoy your rest day. My rest day is on Friday and I always take it!!

Thanks, all, for the kettlebell DVD info. I think I will just stick with AOS Providence, Newport and my Lauren Brooks DVD.

This morning I did Cathe's Gym Style Legs workout, just to see what kind of shape my legs were in. I'm a bit worried about the leg workouts in STS - they sound tough! I got through GS Legs, but it was tougher than I remembered. Hopefully if I keep doing swings and start doing some tougher cardio I'll see some improvements in my lower body's strength (and appearance!).

I did 100 swings this morning and 40 pushups. I'm trying to do at least 100 swings a day and at least 30 pushups a day. We'll see how well I do. In STS, Cathe does 30 consecutive pushups. I cannot do this. Yet.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Hi Everyone,

I did a body bar strength and cardio workout this morning.

This afternoon I did my 200 swings. I'm doing 200 swings a day for the month of January. I did 4 sets of 20 with a 35lb bell and 6 sets of 20 with a 30lb bell. I can't believe the difference in how I feel already. I feel more toned all over especially in my core, legs and shoulders.

After the swings I did "Mr. Spectacular". Complete a two handed kettlebell Clean and Press (I used 18lbs), set kettlebells on the ground by feet, walk out on your hands, do a push up, walk back up, repeat. This was from the Mountain Athlete website that Gayle (thank you) directed me to.

It's great to see this check-in for kettlebells. I'm seeing such good results!

No w/o for me today. I plan to do Gym Style rotation this week. I may just add on some of those exercises from Mountain Athlete. I like a challenge:)

200 swings hmmmm....maybe

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.