today was a crossfit 603 workout:
Buy-in

• 10 slow repetitions, down dog to cobra/up dog

603 WOD

• For time, perform 25-20-15-10-5 reps of:
  • KB swings (24K/16K)
  • Push-ups
  • KTEs

Scale DOWN with a lighter KB, knee push-ups and knee-ups on a bar or sit-ups on the ground. Scale UP with American swings, parallette or ring pushups and V-ups.

Cash out

• 3×5 renegade rows (5L/5R),
***comments
*completed WOD in 8:15. after the round of 20 I was at 5 min.
* used a 45#kb for the swings and subbed the KTE's with knee-ups on a bar. tried the KTE before the workout and could do one with knees coming close to my elbows, barely eeked out another.
*all pushups on my toes
* did the 3x5 renegade rows with 20#kb, alternating rows.
*puke worthy workout!

I looked at the comments section after I finished and my time is really good. I'm wondering if I did the workout wrong. I really pushed to go quickly with good form. Obviously for the swings you can't go faster, but with the pushups and knee ups I did them quickly with good form. hmmm.... Anyway, the workout was hard, and at one point I did feel like I may puke (all the knee ups) but I made it thru. The renegade rows were hard after all that and took a 5ish minute break betweent the workout and the rows.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed the weather!
Have a Merry Monday!!;)

Good morning!

I spent the last 3 days working in the yard and gardens. I'm taking a recovery week this week and keeping it light. It's supposed to get into the 80's today so I may just take a walk tonight.

Deanie - Awesome job on ETK, the snatch test, everything! You made some really great gains. I liked that CF 603 workout. Since it is a kinda kettlebell-centric WOD, it would make sense that you'd score a good time with it, and since you found it puke-worthy you must've been doing it right. ;) I'm interested to see what else you do this week. :)

Jane - Great job on the race! I couldn't imagine trying Death by KB Swing after running 10k. :eek: I dipped my toes in our pond this weekend, but it's still waaaaay too cold for swimming.

Andilynn - I hope this week is less hectic. Did finals start yet?

Waves hello to Marcy and Rhonda.

Good Afternoon!

It's a rest day for me. I am wiped out!! My hips and glutes are screaming today. I don't know if it was from the run or the death by kettlebell workout or the combination of both but I'm tanked!!

Deanie ~ Great workout today. I agree with Gayle that you did the workout correctly. I'm also interested to see what you'll do this week. Enjoy!!

Gayle ~ Do you want to come to my house and help with yard work?? Enjoy your recovery week.

Waves hello to Andilynn, Marcy and Rhonda.

Good Afternoon!

Too busy on Friday to post. Here are Friday's, Sunday's and today's workouts:

Friday:

5 ladders/3 rungs - clean & press - 25#
Pullups:
Ladder 1: 1; 2; 2&3/4-1
Ladder 2: 1; 2; 2&3/4-1
Ladder 3: 1; 1&3/4-1; 1 and 2@3/4-1
Ladder 4: 1; 1&3/4-1; 1, 3/4-1 and 1/2
Ladder 5: 1; 1&3/4; 1 and 2@3/4

Sunday:

Swings: 50 reps/rest for 10 secs, 6 minutes - did 4 cycles with 25#

Monday: Week 12, 5 ladders/3 rungs; 25# Clean & Press and
Pullups:

Ladder 1: 1; 2; 3
Ladder 2: 1; 2; 2&3/4-1
Ladder 3: 1; 1&3/4-1; 2 and 3/4-1
Ladder 4: 1; 1&3/4-1; 1 and 3/4-1 and 3/4
Ladder 5: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 3@3/4

Snatches:

10 minutes/1 min. rest - 10 left and 10 right - 25#, 4 sets

Deanie - CONGRATULATIONS! You did an awesome job with ETK! Knees to elbows is a great core exercise. I did them on Abs/Core+ from P90X+. I loved all the hanging moves on that. Good job on the 45# swings!

Jane - I hope your hips/glutes are better tomorrow. Good job on the race!

Gayle - Enjoy your recovery week!

Andilynn - Did you get your Go Wear Fit? How do you like it?

Waves to Rhonda!

Marcy

Hi everyone. Finally better from allergies. I didn't have a good workout week but I at least did stretching 3 times for 45 minutes. Intermittent fasting wasn't good for my digestion but with probiotics, I am adjusting.

Today I did Providence. I gardened all weekend, so no formal workouts.

Deanie- You kicked butt this morning. Way to go on the puker.

Jane- Glad you had a great race.

Marcy- Looks like you had a good workout also. I know you are ready for a change.

Gayle- Enjoy the weather and rest.

Waves to Andilynn.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.