Kettlebell check in.....Monday 1.12

Back again!

Empire State completed...I was able to fast forward thru the rests till the last 2 rounds. Those side snatches get me every time!!!! I did the bonus round with all snatches for 2 minutes, rested 30 seconds and banged out 5 snatches on each side till the end of the round:D:):D

Pascal~ you are making me want to try Newport!! I have it but it scares me, so I haven't done it yet..... I prefer a dvd to workout with too, but I am finding with kettlebells I'm okay on my own!

Gayle~ loved the sandbag idea! shoveling snow is a great workout, but one I am usually happy letting my DH do;)

Jane~ I liked your workout yesterday!!

Vilma~ I hope you are feeling better

Marcy~ What did you end up doing today?

Andilynn~ tough workout yesterday! Manmakers usually do me in, can't imagine doing an Imax too!

Have a great day gals!

Last edited:
Hi Deanie - I'm envious that you can get your workouts done so early. I'm still working on curling my coffee cup at that hour. :D

My plan is to break out Newport again. I've only done it once and it soundly kicked my butt.

Waves hello to everyone else.

Happy Monday!

Deanie - have fun doing Empire State. I don't have that one, but I like the idea of doing lower/upper/abs in each round. I know I will purchase that one at some point!

And you'll do just fine with Newport. Just reading some of the workouts you do, I'm pretty certain you're fit enough for it!

Gayle - good luck with Newport. I plan on **attempting** it tomorrow. Yesterday was kind of ugly, as it was my first time with it. Tomorrow, hopefully, will go a bit more smoothly (although it's a bit daunting, since now I know what I'm in for!)

Happy Monday, everybody! :)

Monday, Monday ...

Thanks to all who wished me well over the weekend. I'm feeling a bit better but my migraine came a few hours before aunt flo and so that combo really sidelined me these past few days although I did try to do something each day but I didn't play 'hard' at all.. I just couldn't. Once I get 100% I'll go back to doing the 200 swings.

Today I awoke feeling better so I was able to finish my WO's which was premix 1 of Drill Max followed by On The Edge just doing 1 round each instead of Lauren's 2 rounds for each section... It was still very good.

I have to tackle Newport again soon I haven't done that one since before Christmas time and was just doing it as an add on using the 1st 4 sections only. Need to do the entire dvd when I feel 100%.

I have ES on tap for Tuesday :)

Take Care and be well ladies I'm now logging off as my head is starting to 'talk' :( a bit and so I need to go quiet myself down before it gets full blown worse.

picture.php

Good morning! Well, got a late start this morning since my new stove was delivered about 6 hours early! When I got finished with that I did Providence although I skipped the last round to get other things done.

Deanie , thanks for the info on the ropes as soon as I get my tax refund that is my next purchase although I think that I'll go ahead and order Santa Monica this week am I correct in thinking that I could do it without the ropes for now?

Pascal and Gayle, Have fun with Newport it's a toughie but in a good way although I will always be a wimp with the punch matrix (I'm working on getting better)

Vilma, glad you're feeling a little better take good care of yourself, I have learned the hard way to take care of me when I feel bad after working out a few times when I shouldn't have I finally learned to take it wasy when I need to and push hard when I should.

Waves to everyone who checks in later!

Hi Everyone!

I started out today doing the HSTA cardio premix and stretch and then did Empire State (all except last round). I used double 20# KBs on the Chest Press, Suitcase Row, one-legged deadlifts with row (did good on R side but really bad on the left), suitcase deadlift. I also did one pullup and 3/4 of a chinup. Did one minute of hi-pulls to snatches (only did 45 secs. last time). I still needed extra rests in a lot of rounds but maybe it was because I did HSTA before this. It's also cold out today and my asthma kicks in in the cold weather.

Pascal - You've also made me want to try Newport. I might try it on Wednesday if I have the nerve.

Vilma - Hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

Waves to Gayle, Andilynn & Deanie!

Marcy

Hi Everyone,

I had a quick workout today. I did my 200 swings and then the slingshot and ab sections of the Extreme Kettlebell Cardio workout.

Vilma - I hope you feel better soon!

Waves hello to everyone else.

Have a great evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.