Kettlebell Check in....2.4

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

today I was going to do 4DS kickbox, but my body has other ideas:rolleyes: I am wiped so I am just going to do stretch max #3 and #1.

Have a great day everyone!

eta::::Just for fun, I started using the blog option Cathe has, and I started tracking/recording my ETK stuff!! This way I have a record on the computer, if I want to check something and don't want to run down the basement!

Last edited:
Good morning, Deanie! I like your blog idea.

I got home late last night, so didn't get a workout in. Tonight I'm going to give the 1/30/09 workout from mtnathlete.com a try. There are some Mr. Spectaculars in there for Jane. ;)

Mtn Athlete 01/30/09 http://www.mtnathlete.com/subpage_details.php?subpage_ID=184&page_ID=9

Obj: Work Capacity

Training:
(1) 3 Rounds
5x Sand Bag Get-ups
5x Mr. Spectaculars
250 M Row (probably sub jump rope)
25x Swing
1 Crawl

(2) 10-9-8-7...1
Bench press
G-H-D Sit-ups
Slasher to Halos

Waves hello to those who post later. :)

Hi Everyone~

It's cold here this morning!!

Today I plan on going for a run, unless I wimp out because of the cold. :eek:
Otherwise I will do Angie, but subbing swings for the pull ups as I did Back and Tris yesterday. I will also do the following for my February Challenge:
4 TGU
3 Planks
2 Mr. Spectaculars (my fav)
1 Burpee
200 Jump Rope

Deanie ~ Enjoy your rest day!!

Gayle ~ I love Mountain Athlete. I log on every single day and print out the workouts that I like. I love my Mr. Spectaculars!! I have a question for you. What is a Crawl? Is that like a Bear Crawl or is it the Dumbbell Crawl that they do? I have tried that dumbbell crawl but I can't do it. It's hard!!!

Waves hello Marcy, Vilma, Andilynn and others who follow.

Good morning! Well I guess today should be a rest day since last nite I ended up doing low impact circuit after my grandson asked if we were going to go to the basement and workout?!! How could I say no! Also yesterday I ordered the ETK (hardcopy) from AOS. I'm feeling a little guilty as I have not done anything with STS yet since I'm so enamoured with the kettlebells. I have to at least do my 1rm!

Deanie, enjoy stretch max it will probably feel wonderful after all the hard work you've been doing!

Jane,enjoy your run! I'm afraid I would wimp out from the cold, all my running in the winter lately has been confined to the treadmill but that is because I really should by some cold weather gear, I tried last winter and the stuff I had was not very comfortable! I always enjoy running outside much more than on the treadmill !

Gayle , enjoy your workout sounds like a toughie!

Hi to all that follow!

Gayle ~ I love Mountain Athlete. I log on every single day and print out the workouts that I like. I love my Mr. Spectaculars!! I have a question for you. What is a Crawl? Is that like a Bear Crawl or is it the Dumbbell Crawl that they do? I have tried that dumbbell crawl but I can't do it. It's hard!!!

Jane - I'm assuming it's a bear crawl, since the commentary described that part of the workout as a "rest". Dumbbell crawls are brutal! Have fun with "Angie", if you don't run, I like the swing substitution that you use.

Hi Andilynn - LOL about your grandson! That's so cute. :)

Good Morning All!

This morning I did Tilak Pyle's Altar of the Heart. I was up since 3:00 a.m. and didn't have energy for a real challenging practice. This one is so soothing and relaxing. I got my hips nice and stretched out and managed to go into headstand four times.

I'm finding with kettlebells, that I really need to stretch as much as possible.

Deanie - Good idea about the blog. I record my workouts in my daytimer which I always have with me. Hope you enjoyed Stretch Max.

Andilynn - Your grandson sounds so cute! Congrats on getting ETK! Can't wait until you start with us.

Gayle - What's "Angie"? Did I miss something?

Jane - Cold here too! Only 16 this morning. I'm off to sign on to Mountain Athlete.

Waves to all who follow!

Marcy

Hi Marcy - "Angie" is a CrossFit workout: 100 pull ups, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats for time.

I've heard really good things about Tilak Pyle's yoga DVDs. Does Pilar of the Heart follow any particular style (power, relaxing, etc)?

Hi Marcy - "Angie" is a CrossFit workout: 100 pull ups, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats for time.

I've heard really good things about Tilak Pyle's yoga DVDs. Does Pilar of the Heart follow any particular style (power, relaxing, etc)?

Gayle - Is Angie all done at once? Sheesh! I don't think I'll ever get to 100 pullups in my lifetime. Pushups, situps, squats - yes. Pullups - no way!

Altar of the Heart is vinyasa style but he gives you enough time in each pose to get a great stretch. It is an intermediate practice. It is really relaxing. The music and scenery are outstanding. Tilak has a very soothing voice. The practice is done via voiceover. This is one yoga practice that everyone seems to love. There are more detailed reviews over at Amazon.

Marcy

Gayle - Is Angie all done at once? Sheesh! I don't think I'll ever get to 100 pullups in my lifetime. Pushups, situps, squats - yes. Pullups - no way!

Yep...all at once. :eek: I've only done it with jumping pull ups...that was hard enough!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.