kettlebell check in---->1.27

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today was Newport.

Snow day for us today:D:):D so I am off to spend time with my boys:D

Have a great day everyone

PS~ anyone is welcome to start the thread:)

Whoops ,I'm a day behind!

Between school and getting these done yesterday I didn't post, but I did work out. Yesterday was cardio so I did Cathe's Kick Punch and Crunch, I'm amazed at how much easier other videos are for me since starting kettlebells . I've really gained alot of strength and my planks and side planks are much better! I'm hoping to conquer big girl pushups next!

Later today I'm doing Providence, other than that I think I'll just watch the snow fall if the reports are right we will have up to 9 inches by tomorrow.

Have a great day all!

Good Morning!

I did Amy's Quick NRG premix from In The Ring and the Hip Opener practice from the new Mark Blanchard series. His wife, Elizabeth, instructs. It was good. Love doing the yogic squats now. I can go really deep. I think kettlebells have helped me there. I might do a circuit tomorrow. If not, Firepower or Providence.

It's 65 here today. No snow for me!

Deanie - Was Newport any easier today than last week?

Andilynn - I have no doubt you'll conquer big girl pushups. Cathe's GS Chest & Tris really conquered them for me.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Hi All,

I'm back. I'm sorry I missed most of last week. It was just crazy busy with family stuff. My dad is almost 86 and has dementia and he was going through a bad time so had to be there to make sure mom was doing ok. I've kept up with my workouts but missed my 200 swings yesterday.

So today, I plan on doing 400 swings with some jump rope mixed in. It's going to be 70 today so I'll be able to workout in my yard tonight.

Deanie and Andilynn have fun in the snow!!

Have a great day Marcy and to everyone else who follows!

Jane - I didn't know you lived in GA. I just moved here 8 months ago. Are you in the Atlanta area or somewhere else?

Good luck with your 400 swings!

Marcy

Hey Marcy,

I live in the Southern part of the state near the Florida state line in fact I live in Georgia but work in Florida. I live about 40 minutes west of Valdosta. Are you near Atlanta?

I've been down here 20 years this June. How do you like Georgia?

Jane - I'm about 30 mins. northwest of Atlanta. So far we love it. Traffic's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. But then again, I'm from NY. The roads are a lot smoother, no potholes. Shopping is great. Everything's much less crowded. You can walk down the street and not bump into people.

Marcy

Marcy - I'm from the Chicago area so I know what you mean about no crowds. When I go back to Chicago it takes me a day or two to get used to the people again. I don't miss the potholes either! :p

Hi everyone!

Andilynn - ITA with kettlebells making other workouts easier. I did barbell overhead squats last night at the gym for the first time in over a month (big core component to these) and was able to immediately start at a higher weight...I usually have to really work my way up. :)

Good to see you back, Jane! Sorry to hear about the rough time you and your folks are ging through.

Deanie - We get our snow day tomorrow. :)

Marcy - Did you decide to paint your dining room red? Reading your post reminds me that I really need to do more yoga.

Last night was a gym night. I worked on barbell overhead squats, heavy deadlifts, and barbell cleans. I don't know what I'll do tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Afternoon

The kids are out in the snow! and shoveling the driveway!!LOL
I love snow days!!! We've already had a fire going, read together and I even got a quick nap on the couch:eek: When the boys were little we would bake cookies, but now they aren't interested...

Andilynn~ have fun with Providence and the snow!

Marcy~ nice workout! Yes, I think Newport was not as hard, but only by a smidgen!!;) Round 4 was still hard for me, I really feel it in my hip flexors, and the sots press was still hard, but I did manage to get 6 on my right side, but still only 3 on my left:mad: I am going to do firepower tomorrow, either 2 or 3 alarm, haven't decided yet.

Jane~ Welcome back:) Sorry to hear about your dad. Its good you could be there for your mom. Good luck with your 400:eek: swings and jump rope!

Gayle~ Have a great workout tonight, and enjoy the snow!!!:)

I figured out what I want to do for the first 4 weeks of ETK to add to the program....
on Swing days I am going to add pull ups and pushups (will still be doing the pullup challenge anyway)
on TGU days I think I am going to add 5 min. of snatches and possibly extend the TGU's to 10 min.
on the 2 other days that are open, I am going to do HIIT on the treadmill and top off with my favorite ropes tabata (or jumprope)
This way I am still keeping with the program basics and still doing 6 days of exercise. What do you think?

Have a good one!

Deanie - Funny, Round 4 in Newport was one of the easier rounds for me. Sounds like you're having a wonderful day. You might have convinced me to do Firepower with you tomorrow. I'll also be doing some pullups and will try and add some cardio. Your rotation sounds good. I haven't figured mine out yet.

Gayle - Haven't yet decided about the dining room painted red yet. We probably have to go and get more swatches. We have a bunch at home but not reds. I wish I had time to do yoga every day.

Marcy

Between school and getting these done yesterday I didn't post, but I did work out. Yesterday was cardio so I did Cathe's Kick Punch and Crunch, I'm amazed at how much easier other videos are for me since starting kettlebells . I've really gained alot of strength and my planks and side planks are much better! I'm hoping to conquer big girl pushups next!

Later today I'm doing Providence, other than that I think I'll just watch the snow fall if the reports are right we will have up to 9 inches by tomorrow.

Have a great day all!

WhoooHooo! Change of plans ! Firepower just came in the mail and I'm going to do that instead of Providence.

HI all

No kettlebells today but did do KPC - I'm still working on my swings for now.

Andilynn have fun w/ Firepower.

Deanie keep enjoying your snow day - your plan for ETK sounds good.

Jane 400 swings? wow! you go girl!

Hellos to Marcy & Gayle

picture.php

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.