Kettlebell check in * * * Monday

G'Monday Morning Deanie & all who Follow

Well its a combo w/o day I'll be adding on day 1 of ETK along w/ my regular planned w/o which has yet to be determined ;)

Hope all have had a great weekend and are ready to start anew once more.

picture.php

Hi again

Workout finished:) Today was day one of ETK.
I did the 10 min. warm up per the workbook. Then I used my 35#kb for swings and followed the program for the active rests for the first 4, then added the jumprope (won't be doing that again!!), jogging, and triple crush (used my 20# for that since it was an active rest, not workout). I completed 7 full cycles and one more swing of 20X before my time was up.
Then I did a pyramid of pullups (all assisted) and pushups:
1 pullup/ 5 pushups
2 pullups/ 10 pushups
3 pullups/ 15 pushups
2 pullups/10 pushups
1 pullup/ 5 pushups

I have to be honest, on paper this didn't look to hard, but doing it was really hard. I actually got a great workout in 22 min just with the ETK program.

Vilma~ Glad you are doing ETK too!! What did you think? what did you add on????

Marcy~ Can't wait to hear how you did! Hard--right!? My brother is following a similar plan as you. He's adding on legs today and yoga on wednesday.

Gayle~ Whats on the agenda today?

waves to Jane and Andilynn!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning!

Marcy, Deanie, and Vilma - I'm really interested to see your ETK progress.

Nice job on Donkey Kong, Deanie! The box jumps are definitely intimidating at first.

Good job on your race, Jane!

I went snowshoeing on Saturday and took a rest day yesterday...Rascal had a play date...yes, I am crazy dog lady. :p

I think I'll pull out Providence tonight and go heavy with it.

Waves hello to Andilynn and everyone else who follows!

Deanie I found that ETK day 1 was more of an intense cardio w/o than anything else. I also did my swings w/ my 12 kg and it got the HR up.

I had on my HRM on but silly me forgot to press start when I started the routine as I'm curious to see the calorie burn in such a short amount of time.

WTG on those pullups!

Gayle
snowshoeing that must have been quite a lower body w/o in itself and fun sounding too :)
Enjoy Providence tonight.

Well after I finished the ETK routine for today I followed it up w/ the PLB/PUB Bonus combo w/o and ab work. Now I feel throughly worked and off to get stuff done here.

Have a Great Day Marcy, Andilynn, Jane and all that follow!

picture.php

Good morning all !
Cardio day today so I'm thinking about a little HIIT followed by little bit of Manmaker's
a couple of times thru unless I wear out!

Deanie, that really sounds like a tough 22 minutes, I keep hearing everyone talk about ETK but I'm not sure where to buy it?

Gayle, have fun with Providence today it's the first AOS workout I purchased and always a favorite I got thru it yesterday with my 20# although I hade to drop down on the overhead squats( my arms were fried) it's much harder to go into a squat with a weight over your head!

Vilma, ETK for you too? You and Deanie have me interested , I need a copy for myself!

"Waves" to Pascal, Jane and all who follow!

Good Morning All!

Last night I did my pullup challenge: 1&3/4, 1&3/4, 1, 1&3/4 and 1 negative (went down in 6 counts).

Today was Day 1 of ETK. As Deanie said, a great workout in 22 minutes. I did 4 cycles of the warmup (wall squats, halos and pumps). For the first 3 cycles, I used 25# for the halos and dropped down to 20# on the 4th set of halos.

Just to test myself out, I used 20# on the first set of swings but was able to use 25# for the rest of the sets. For the active rests, I did jumping jacks, mountain climbers, pushup to squat thrust and jogs. I made it through 1 cycle and then one more set of swings and jogs.

Then I did Pure Barre. My legs are okay but my back is killing me. Between waltzing on Saturday, pullups yesterday and Pure Barre today, I'm fried. I'll probably wait until tomorrow night to do pullups again.

Deanie - I read through the whole ETK workbook and the program looks great. It certainly got my heart rate up. The warmup was really good. When you say 7 full cycles, do you mean swings and an active rest counting as one cycle or the 4 sets of swings and 4 active rests as one cycle? If it's swings and an active rest as one cycle, I did 5 cycles. If you did the latter, you're amazing! I admit I completed the 20 swings in less than a minute, but due to my breathing, I took the extra time from the swings as a rest period. Otherwise, I didn't take any other extra rests. Great job on the pullups/pushups pyramid!

Andilynn - I think you would like ETK. Hope you get it so we can all do it together.

Vilma - I agree ETK is definitely an intense cardio workout.

Gayle - Have a great workout with Providence tonight. How heavy are you going?

Waves to Pascal, Jane and all who follow!

Marcy

Gayle - Have a great workout with Providence tonight. How heavy are you going?

I'm going to try to use 12kg and 16kg for everything, though I've never gone heavier than 8kg for the overhead squat/windmill round...we'll see how it goes.

Hi Everyone,

Tonight is my rest day but I will do my the February challenge workout which is:

2 Mr. Spectaculars
1 Burpee
200 Jump Rope

Hope every has a great day!

Duh --- I actually used my 16 kg not my 12 kg I used today - since I have four kettlebells I got confused anyways it was my big red mama bell out of the bunch lol
I only use her for swings ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.