Kettlebell Check In* * * Monday 1.5

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!!

Today was Empire State. I did the whole thing with my 25#kb, but the chest presses and the swings I did with my 30#:D I fast forwarded thru all the rounds till round 7- then I took the minute breaks they gave us. I also rested an extra minute at the end before the snatches. I was able to follow Beth, doing 2 min. of high pulls and snatches:D:):D (my best so far!) I feel my snatches are better when I am just doing them (like on Sat.) as opposed to when they are at the end of the workout. Hopefully that will improve with time.

Someone (Andilynne?) asked about ropes.... I workout in my basement, so I have plenty of room for ropes. I ordered 40 feet, so they will be 20 feet when I wrap it around the pole down there.

Jane~ Great workout yesterday!

Back to school for us today (I teach 4 year olds, and have 2 boys- 9 and 12)

Have a great day!
BBL

Last edited:
Good morning

Looks as though today is a cardio day today (steady state) Last nite I used my 25# kettlebell for the first time, I still can't believe the intensity when you use heavier bells it really ups the cardio! Thanks for the info about the ropes Deanie, I think I can usethose in my basement too, I think I'll purchase some ropes with my tax refund! Geez I just keep buying more kettlebell stuff!

Hi, all. This morning I did Lauren Brooks' 12 min. kettlebell workout and then did the chest and back work from Cathe's 4-Day Split. I'm counting all the pushups I do in 2009 and so far I've done 252. I'm sure I won't get that many in all the time, but with all these breaks from work, I've had extra time. I'm also trying to do no less than 100 swings a day. So far, so good. :)

Deanie - what the heck are Ropes Gone Wild? I know there is a rope segment on the Santa Monica DVD, but I have no idea what it entails or how you use the ropes (or what they look like)? It sounds like you are one fit lady! I'm impressed by all you accomplish!

Andilynn - hello. My heaviest kettlebell is 25# and though I typically use my 20#, my heart rate soars when I use my 25! Cool! Hey, in another post you mentioned that you plan on doing a day of steady state cardio, a day of interval cardio, and a day of HIIT. Could you tell me the difference between HIIT and interval cardio? I thought they were the same thing. Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

I also did Lauren Brooks DVD for the first time today (the 40 min. workout). I would put this on par with Empire State. Empire State was actually a bit easier for me to get through (without as many extra rests). Empire State also has more ab work. I used a 20# KB for all the exercises. I'm ready for a 25# KB for certain exercises but unfortunately I have to wait a little bit before I get one. I just got another 20#er so I could do some of the AOS DVDs that call for two KBs. In general, I typically need more rest time between sets than are on most DVDs. Slow & Heavy always worked best for me because it had extra rest time.

Pascal - Congrats on all your pushups and swings! I had ordered STS and then finally canceled it when I got into KBs.

Hi Deanie and Andilynn!

Marcy

Hi All!

This am I did an itread for my cardio. I had planned on doing that 200 swing challenge that lioness posted about but today was the start of back from post holiday vacay and I am just ready for bed.

Tuesday is a kettlebell day just not sure if I'll be doing a dvd or a written guided workout.

Its been a very long and tiring day so have a good evening.

See you all bright & early

picture.php

Hi everybody!

I warmed up with some shoulder dislocates and 5 minutes of a light KB complex, then dove into:

"Unworthy" @ 16kg - courtesy of www.gymjones.com
80 air squats, 40 KB swings, 20 push ups
40 air squats, 20 KB swings, 10 push ups
20 air squats, 10 KB swings, 5 push ups
40 air squats, 20 KB swings, 10 push up
80 air squats, 40 KB swings, 20 push ups

Finished in 17:03. The last 40 squats were just sucky, and I was completely gassed on the push ups.

Then did 3 x 3 windmills (3L/3R) @ 8kg.

Thanks for the ropes info, Deanie!

Hi Everyone,

Today I could only fit in my 200 swings. I had to go lower on the weight. I was using 35lbs and 30lbs but had to drop to 25# tonight. Too tired and starving by 7pm.

You can really tell the difference when you up the weight especially for swings. After I use the 35lbs., the 30's feel really good. I have a 44lb waiting in the wings but that sucker is heavy.

Gayle - Loved the workout you did today.

Keep up the good work!!

Hi, all. This morning I did Lauren Brooks' 12 min. kettlebell workout and then did the chest and back work from Cathe's 4-Day Split. I'm counting all the pushups I do in 2009 and so far I've done 252. I'm sure I won't get that many in all the time, but with all these breaks from work, I've had extra time. I'm also trying to do no less than 100 swings a day. So far, so good. :)

Deanie - what the heck are Ropes Gone Wild? I know there is a rope segment on the Santa Monica DVD, but I have no idea what it entails or how you use the ropes (or what they look like)? It sounds like you are one fit lady! I'm impressed by all you accomplish!

Andilynn - hello. My heaviest kettlebell is 25# and though I typically use my 20#, my heart rate soars when I use my 25! Cool! Hey, in another post you mentioned that you plan on doing a day of steady state cardio, a day of interval cardio, and a day of HIIT. Could you tell me the difference between HIIT and interval cardio? I thought they were the same thing. Thanks!

Hi Pascal, Lets see I'm using the guidlines from Body for Life cardio for my HIIT, if I understand correctly I'm warming up for 2 minutes and than cranking things up each minute for a for a total of four minutes and then recover and repeat three or four times , depending on how I feel then with the last portion I try to push it up one more level for 1 more last minute then cool down(I hope that makes sense sometimes my descriptive skills are lacking! I consider the IMAX to be a interval workout and tonite I did the cardio mix premix on Drill Max for my steady state tonite. I really wish I had a Elliptical also to use for HIIT instead of my treadmill(easier on my knees maybe)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.