**comments
* happy with my workout today
cool.gif

* ready to go to level 10 on the treadmill
* forgot to wear wrist bands, but forearms were okay, didn't bang my arms
smile.gif

* really enjoyed the bonus round on Newport, blister was okay today
smile.gif

Rhonda::: Wow what a workout you did yesterday!!:eek: Are you sore??! Love Providence!!

Marcy::: great workout yesterday. I wonder if you could alternate the chins/pulls in ETK? probably would be okay. Have fun with the full dvd of Providence today!

Gayle::: What did you end up doing yesterday. I saw a thread in the AOS forums about working deadlifts and squats into your kettlebell workouts, I didn't read it, but you may want to check it out.

Jane::: Glad your family is okay. What did you end up doing yesterday?

Andilynn
::: I hope your DOMs are gone. One of the reasons I like kettlebells is you never really work one body part to failure. Working legs for an hour is my least favorite thing to do!!! Glad you are enjoying STS though:)

have a great day ladies!!

Good morning!

Last night I did 5x5 back squats at 90lbs, then a little number from Gym Jones:

Big 5 Variation
Sets of 10-9-8...2-1
- DB Piston Press (20# DBs)
- Goblet Squat (50#)
- Box Jump 20"
- Pushup
- 135# Deadlift

I like these Big 5's. The first 3 or 4 sets feel like they'll never end, but the last 5 go really fast. I'm kinda sore everywhere. :)

I may pull out my Keith Weber DVD tonight.

Deanie - Nice workout. Glad the blister is getting better. I'll check out the AOS site. Thanks for the info!

Jane - I hope you had a recuperative rest day yesterday.

Waves hello to Farmer, Marcy, and Andilynn.

Have a great day! :)

Hi everyone!

I did Low Max step only premix this morning.

Deanie- Great workout this morning! Level 9 on the treadmill. Are you referring to the incline? If so, I bet you were on fire.

To answer your question, I didn't think I was sore until I walked up the stairs this morning. Whoa!

Gayle- Your workout sounds interesting. Can you tell me more about Keith Weber. I have seen the site but I wasn't too sure.

Where do you get these 20'" boxes to jump up on?

Comments- I almost made my goal of the month of exercising 25 days. I did 23. Last month I only did about 14. My eating is getting better. I am starting to rate food and decide what consequences I face by eating certain foods. The accountability that this check in requires has REALLY helped me. Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback.

Waves to Jane, Andilynn, and Marcy.

Rhonda

Farmer - I have Keith Weber's Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Workout DVD. It's broken down into 6 kettlebell mini workouts, plus a core/cool down workout. Dragon Door has good description of it. That's where I ordered it from.http://www.dragondoor.com/dv052.html

It moves pretty fast, so I go light with it. I can rarely keep up with Keith. I also don't do the whole thing, like I do with Providence or Newport, but will do a couple sections of it. I like to sub the core/cool down piece for the abs section in Providence.

It will definitely make you sweat! ;)

For a 20" box, I use my Cathe high step with 8 risers at home. At the gym, they have a Club Step with enough risers to get 16" and I stack 2 or 3 heavy bumper plates on it to get to 20" or so.

Excellent job on your workout goal! Seriously, getting in that many days in a month is awesome. :)

Hi Everyone,

We are suppose to get rain again today so I will probably do an indoor workout. I'm thinking something Cathe so it will be either HSC, Drill Max or Boot Camp. I only did swings yesterday.

Deanie ~ I'm glad your blister is getting better.

Gayle ~ I liked your workout from Gym Jones. I printed it out for future use.

Farmer ~ Great job on staying consistent throughout the month. Even if you didn't reach your goal, you had a BIG difference between last month and this month. Congratulations!!! I have the Keith Weber dvd and I love it. It moves fast but it fun.

Waves hello to Marcy and Andilynn.

Good Afternoon!

This morning I did the warmup from Lauren Brooks DVD, Newport Rounds 1-4, stretch from BM2 and a few yoga poses.

I forgot how tough Newport was (or maybe I wanted to forget!) I felt like a wimp all over again. I don't know how Anthony goes so low in the Cossack squats. I'm really flexible and I couldn't get down that far (unless he probably was warmed up before he filmed).

Round 1 - Cossack Stretch and Squat Thrust with Snatch - I almost kept up with Anthony. Took a rest after 2 mins. and then completed round. Then did the minute of bicycles.

Round 2- Squat Press and 1 arm swing - Kept up with Anthony but had to rest after 2 minutes and then finish.
Abs - Double leg raise.

Round 3 - 2-handed swing and hot potato. No problem with the swings (hopefully not after all the swings in this program). Hot potato was still difficult. I did it with 25# but probably should have done it with 20#.
Abs: Twisting Crunch

Round 4 - Punch Matrix and Plank - Rested at 1 min. intervals.
Abs: Single leg raise.

I had no problem with the ab work in this which I think is really good. I really thought I was going to do cardio after this but I was too wiped out and I really needed a good stretch. I haven't done yoga in a few weeks and I'm feeling it (or the lack of it).

Deanie - Just looking at your workout is making me exhausted! Great job!

Farmer - Great job on Providence and the swings. Is the choreography okay for you on Low Max? Great job on your exercise and eating goals!:p Having goals really helps in the long run.

Jane - Enjoy your circuit workout! I vote for Drill Max.

Gayle - Great workout! You have one strong set of legs!

Waves hello to Andilynn!

Have a great day!

Marcy

Farmer - I have Keith Weber's Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Workout DVD. It's broken down into 6 kettlebell mini workouts, plus a core/cool down workout. Dragon Door has good description of it. That's where I ordered it from.http://www.dragondoor.com/dv052.html

It moves pretty fast, so I go light with it. I can rarely keep up with Keith. I also don't do the whole thing, like I do with Providence or Newport, but will do a couple sections of it. I like to sub the core/cool down piece for the abs section in Providence.

It will definitely make you sweat! ;)

For a 20" box, I use my Cathe high step with 8 risers at home. At the gym, they have a Club Step with enough risers to get 16" and I stack 2 or 3 heavy bumper plates on it to get to 20" or so.

Excellent job on your workout goal! Seriously, getting in that many days in a month is awesome. :)

Thank you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.