K-K-K-K-Kettlebells-s-s-s Weekend Report

deanie

Cathlete
Good MOrning

today was week 5 day 6 of ETK.
Killer day!!

I warmed up to the warmup of Providence, did 3 ladders of 3 rungs of C&P with pullups with my 25#kb, and then did.....50 swings with 10 seconds rest for 4 minutes!!!!! with my 35#kb!!!! I still can't believe I did it :D:D:D:D:D:eek:

Farmer~ How is the Clinic? That is the only AOS dvd I don't have...

Marcy~ Great job with the pullups!!

Andilynn~ Power Max is an oldie but goodie:)

Gayle~ What did you end up doing yesterday?

Jane~ I hope you enjoyed your run in the beautiful weather! It was 60 degrees here yesterday!! Lovin' that!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Hi Deanie

Wow girl you are rockin ETK :D I hope to be back on it once I'm done w/ CLX.

I'm still swinging my bells during the day esp. while watching the news at night but not sure how much longer I can on CLX days . I plan on doing Lauren Brook's short cardio segment just to get my kettlebell fix on my cardio days. ;)

Big Hellos to Everyone

picture.php

Well , it's the weekend ( and a beautiful one too) I'm loving this wrm weather. I think I'll take my grandson to the park again today! Yesterday was a rest day although after a couple of hours at the park I was pooped! Tonight I'm doing Newport I think and I'm going to break out the new 35# kettlebell for some swings afterward and try a couple of pullups again . I keep practicing the and my pushups so I'm hoping top build up my strength in that area:)

Deanie, your really are getting it done with ETK! I am tempted to try some of the rop workouts although I know I should do it like prescribed and start at the beginning!!

Vilma- have fun getting your kettlebell fix!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi Everyone,

The weather is warm and beautiful so I took my bells outside and did a workout that I patterned after Cathe's Boot Camp using kbells instead. Then I did some more ab work.

8 Rounds with 1 minute each of cardio, lower body, upper body and core work.

Rest will be 15 seconds.

Round 1
Swings
Squats
Push ups
Anchored Sit ups w/kb

Round 2
Jump Rope
Static Lunge w/kb (5 reps per side, then switch legs)
Bicep Curls
Oblique Crunches

Round 3
Step Ups
Sumo Squats w/kb
Upright Rows w/kb
Planks

Round 4
Squat Thrusts
Walking Lunges
Bent over rows w/kb (5 reps per side, then switch)
Reverse Crunches

Round 5
Walking Swings
Deadlifts w/kb
Tricep Extensions w/kb (or tricep dips)
Russian Twist w/kb

Round 6
Box Jumps
Tactical Lunges w/kb
Chest Press w/kb
Crunches w/kb

Round 7
Mountain Climbers
Walking Side Squats w/kb (change direction after 5 reps)
Seated Overhead Press w/kb (5 reps then switch arms)
Crunches with legs in air w/kb

Round 8
Swings
One legged deadlifts w/kb (5 reps then switch legs)
Triple Crush
Super Planks

Deanie ~ Congratulations on your swings! You go girl!!

Andilynn ~ Enjoy the weather and have fun with your 35#bell.

Vilma ~ Glad to hear that you're still swingin'

Waves hi to Gayle, Marcy and Farmer. :)

Last edited:
Sunday

Good Morning

today is a rest day :)

Vilma~ Great to "see" you! Glad you are getting your swings in. How are you enjoying CLX?

Andilynn~ I hope you had a wonderful day at the park with your grandson!! How was Newport and the new 35#kb?

Jane~ Love how creative you are!! Your bootcamp with kb looks fun!! How'd it go?

waves to Marcy and Farmer!!

Enjoy your Sunday! (and time change:confused:)

Good morning! Today is a cardio day TBD later, last nite I broke out the 35# for my 2handed swings in Newport and when I got tho the snatch test I did 3 minutes of snatches with my 20# bell and then finished out the next couple of minutes doing two handed swings with the 35#, whew! I can really feel it in my hamstrings today! But in a good way! The park was great warm weather and sunshine, today though we have tornado watches out since early in the morning, I'm hoping it all passes me by:)

Waves to Deanie, Marcy, Vilma, Farmer,Jane and all who stop by!

Hi everyone!

We also had some great weather this weekend, high 40's/low 50's both days with a little sun. :)

Saturday I did "Swinging Spring Cleaning". Basically, I just inserted 50 16kg swings throughout the morning while doing housework...dust the coffee table, do 50 swings...sweep the bathroom, 50 swings...I ended up with 500 swings total. :) DH and I took Rascal for hike in the afternoon.

Today I started out with TGUs. 5/5 @ 8kb, then 3/3 @ 12kg. I tried to do one with 16kg, but that was not going to happen without serious bodily injury. :eek:

Then I did CrossFit "Grace" with a 70lb barbell - 30 clean and press for time. 7:37

I then tried a 50lb sandbag walk. I made it 1/4 mile, but my back started to hurt so I quit there.

Deanie - I gotta say after doing TGUs this morning I'm really in awe of how you're progressing with them. The strength part is hard enough, but the focus you have to maintain (especially heavy) is tough!

Jane - I LOVE your Boot Camp creation!

Andilynn - Have fun with that new KB. :) How are classes going?

Vilma - Glad to see you back. :)

Waves hello to Farmer.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick hello. I ran 5 miles today and that's it. Beautiful weather today and most of the week with highs in the 80's. I'm lovin' it!

Have a great evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.