Just MELTIN' on Thursday!

I'm back...

:)

Well I did Lauren's KB sculpting workout this morning...got to the last round before the core work and had to stop...this one really gets the heart rate up! I'm afraid to even look at the cardio one! :eek: I like the core part..short and to the point!

You guys were really chatty yesterday! I think that was the longest day post we ever had! ( except maybe for a weekend one)..

Shelly"
Did you get a KB at Target?

Kristi:
Good for you for sticking to that walk, even in the rain!

Allison:
You are as tired or more so than Lainie! Have you had blood work done lately?..my eliptical has no power..except for the display part..it's all my legs that make it move! very hard..I can hardly ever put the resistance up more than +1.

Shannon:
My KB means Kettlebells...ouchie!...I will read further to see how the interview went...I hope it was good!:)

Leanne:
Yeah on the new workout area... ( well not new but bigger!)..I mentioned a while ago that DH and I went to a B&B in SD ( Old Town?) in Heritage Park...it was beautiful!..thanks for the link to Laren on tv

Lainie:
Get off that computer at night and GO TO BED! This is your sub-Mom speaking!:mad:

Peggie:
Yes, I did the joint warm up when I did the workout the first time...It was good, but I guess I like a 3-5 minute cardio type warm up that gets the blood flowing to your muscles before you start lifting..I may just do my own then start the actual workout.

Tneah:
My DH claims that the way those hooks are, (special fly-fishing small ones) and how they hook, they don;t get hurt...:rolleyes:..who knows?..how was Grace yesterday? do you like that squeeze workout? It doesn't seem like your "style"...

Kara:
What did I miss on your hair?...oops sorry if you really don;t want to go there...but I am a hair freak, ...get very depressed when it doesn;t look like I want it to.

BG:
It sounds like you are doing well with Mr Trainerman's Torture Trip...just kidding...I know what you are doing is great and I am envious that you have the will to stick this out...just like our Tneah! Who is this Daniel guy..? I am out of touch if it has to do with TV...is there a pic of your hair that I can see?

Have to go...have a great day ladies!

Deb

Hey ladies!

It's 4:45 here, and I'm heading out to the airport! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Love and hugs!!! :)

Oooh safe travels to you Leanne! I can't wait to hear all about the fun!!!

Good morning Deb! I'm checking in early - doubt I'll be back much during the day, but I'll try to check in after work and (second) workout... already did cardio this a.m. Daniel is a guy on Shear Genius - if you're not watching the show, it doesn't really mean a whole lot. But I'd been looking for a new hair dude (mine had to have shoulder surgery and is not doing hair anymore), and he happened to be close enough! My hair is curly - so I'm afraid it doesn't look much different. When I straighten it, maybe I'll post a pic. And don't congratulate me just yet - I'm only a few days into this. It's HARD. ALREADY. I hope I can stick it out. I like the Squeeze workout - it's a lot like a Core Fusion class I've taken. I couldn't do it every day, but I think it has a nice place in a fitness regime.

Hey to everyone else - and all the meltie babes who are RTing this weekend - kishies and best wishes to you all!!! We can't wait to hear stories!

I'm jumping on my elliptical to do iClimb 19 -- I hope it doesn't have Breckie's hated song. I have a Nat'l Charity League bd. mtg. this morning. I bet things will be a bit quiet today with our RT'ers & Robin gone.:(
Love to you all!
BBL

Good morning,
Happy Travels to our Meltie RTers!! Have fun! OMG, I'm tearing up just thinking about how much fun it was in July. I'd give anything to go again this weekend....:(

I got up and did iTread 18, 40 minutes this morning. I adore that one. Great mix of tough hills and fast running. I used the treadmill at the house that Jim and I are staying at (we're housesitting) and it was so much different than mine. I actually like mine much better! This one was so nice and quiet though. I attempted to do CC vol. 7 on their elliptical but could only get through the warmup, first steady state, and the first 5 minutes of challenge one before I had an epiphany.....I HATE CARDIO COACH!!! All this time I've been trying to make myself love it--thinking that if I just had an elliptical maybe I'd finally like it. Nope. I don't. I hate it. I'm an iTrain girl through and through. *sigh* ok, revelation complete.

I left my cell phone at home and I'm totally bummed. I won't be home until 11pm from school tonight and I'm not staying with Jim tonight at the house we're watching--I need my own bed tonight! Which, unfortunately means I won't have my phone until tomorrow. :( Oh well.

I'll be back soon. Gotta eat my cereal before it gets too soggy. ;)

Deb--nice work on the KB w/o! I can't seem to get into KB's. :( Bummer.

Leanne--safe travels! You're gonna have a BLAST!!

Kristi--hope your iClimb was good! Have fun at your meeting.

Breckie--have a splendid day. I'm so glad to hear you're happy with Mr. Trainerman so far!

Ok, I'll see youse kids lata!

Good morning, everyone... at least, those of us who will be here today! I hope all the RTers have a really good time. Maybe Miss Shelley will poke her head in today. I hope!!

The interview went pretty well yesterday. And it was so nice, because it was just the director and me - no freaking panel interview! Those things kill me. Anyhow, the director is a really nice man, much nicer and far more human than the CEO where I work now. The interview lasted 1 1/2 hours! Whew. He told me he'll interview three more people and will probably make a decision by Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed, ladies. He gave me a booklet about the employee benefits, etc., and OMG, they're outstanding!

I nearly got into a nasty traffic mess on the way home. Traffic was inching at the split where I merge onto another freeway. I caught the traffic report on the radio just in time - there was a 3-car accident out there. I managed to get off and take a longer way home. Thank goodness - the radio report said the interstate was basically a parking lot.

Oh dear. I believe I caught Allie's HUNGER. Sigh.

Deb - it sounds like you're having a good time with those KBs... in a painful way. :)

Breckie - as a curly-haired girl, how do you wear your hair? Is is super curly or wavy? Do you pretty much just let it do what it wants to?

Kristi - so, did the iClimb have that icky song or not? Was it a good workout?

Allie - *GASP* YOU WHAT???? Oh my, oh my, oh my... I just can't believe you said that!!! :eek: Yes, you know what I'm talking about. But I just can't make myself repeat it. :p

Okay. I need to go find more food. This is not going to be an easy day.

Oh yeah, and I bought a stupid wrist/thumb brace at Wal-Mart last night. It seems to help already, but it's kind of hard to type. :rolleyes:

Morning all!

Holy cow, you were chatty yesterday! I didn't get on the computer in the morning because Chris was writing reports, then we went to the beach in the afternoon. It was fab and we had an incredibly unclean dinner, but oh well!

Deb - actually, the KB fairy sent me a KB, for which I am eternally grateful.... I think... I was looking at the AOS Newport workout last night, but it's really expensive. How much are Lauren's workouts?

Shannon - oh, I'm so excited that your interview went well! I have everything crossed for you!

Allie - you don't like Cardio Coach? Yowza! Don't be throwing that admission around too much, you may end up with a lynch mob on your hands! Sorry about the cell phone. I'd be lost without mine, since it's my only phone.

Leanne, Peggie, Kara - HAVE FUN AT RT!!!!:D

Tneah - no idea what's going on with you, but sending love and hugs just because you deserve them!

Breckie - I have Squeeze but haven't ever tried it. I'm glad you're managing to stick to Mr. TM's program. I bet it's really difficult and I'd never be able to do it!

Hi to all I missed. I'll try to get back later, before there are six freaking pages of posts;)

OH NO! Shannon--I completely forgot to tell you to look away during that part of my post where I said you-know-what. Oops. I'm sorry. Ok, well, maybe I was a little extreme before. I don't hate CC. I just prefer iTreads and iClimbs. The elliptical I was on this morning was super hard, too. I could barely get above a #2 level on it--and it went up to 20!! I really like using the Precor Ellipticals at the gym (the ones withOUT arm thingies--I hate using arm thingies on ellipticals!) for CC but they're so expensive that there's no way I could buy one. And I don't have a gym membership right now. I'll have to figure something out so that I can still do my CC workouts. I have a bunch of them and I don't want them to just sit on my ipod and never get used--they were pricey!

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE CCPP. So no worries. That one I'll do on my treadmill. I love that one. :)

Just wanted to explain myself a little better. I hope you're feeling a little better about my epiphany, Shannon. ;) I never meant to upset you, peanut. :( :p

Sorry you caught The Hunger. :( Mine seems to have subsided a teeny tiny bit. It was nasty yesterday though. Guess what?!?! I did manage to w/o last night! I got in LIC Cardio Timesaver and then did Bootcamp (original) Cardio Only. It was just under an hour and it was perfect. I was so anxious and miserable yesterday. Sorry guys. :eek::( Then Jim made the most amazing chicken parm for dinner. With bread. and pasta. yep, no salad. Can you believe it?!?! I was carbo-loadin' fo' sho. It was so tastey though. At least I worked out this morning, right? ;)

Oh, and I brought some leftovers for lunch.....not very healthy. Oh well...

ETA: HEY SHELL BELL!!!! Nice to see you, dahling! Sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday! It's so nice to hear you sounding happy(er) ;). YAY for unclean dinners! Don't ya just love 'em!?!?!?!? I hope you have a lovely day today. Check out that post in the OD that's for you. It's hysterical! Oh, and I'll be sure not to go shouting my epiphany all around Cathe Land. There'd be a lynch mob after me for sure. Don't tell Michele what I said, k? It's our little Melty secret....;)

Last edited:
Hi, again,
I had my own epiphany this morning -- there is no easy level on my elliptical!! I'm so glad you said that about the one you used this morning, Allie, b/c I thought I was just being a wimp about my own -- but I'm serious, it's hard from Level 1. DH agrees with me, too.

I promise I'll be back after my meeting for personals.

Morning All!:p

I know! Those nasty ellipticals that depend on your own leg power?? They are horrid beasts, I would never, ever be able to do a workout on one of those. Seriously? You have to drop a few bucks to get a good quality elliptical if you want to actually enjoy using it! I love the ones they have at the little gym here, they are awesome, they go up to level 42! :eek:I can get it up there when I am doing CC7 though, thanks to our Barry White of fitness, Coach Sean.:p I heart his voice I do....

Deb, that is the one thing I do not like about the Extreme Cardio Kettlebell workout, there isn't a warm-up, so I kinda jump around and do stuff for a few before starting. I thought Laurens was easier than the Extreme, she at least lets you rest a minute between sets, this dude does not.Her warm-up is kinda lame too, I know what you mean. I got Providence and Newport yesterday..want to try the Newport one, but my lower back is really talkin to me this morning!

Shellers, so you likey the kettlebells? Or is the jury still out?? I think I started falling in love after the second workout, its just such a great overall body thing. I love the Squeeze workout as an "extra", since I am kettlebelling this week, thought I would toss it in, my triceps always get sore after this one. Plus I love Tracey and her curves! She's an awesome babe. You really should try this one, the stretches are great too.

Allison, isn't it weird how some cardio machines just "fit" your body? The treadmill at the gym here is soooo much better than mine at home, I have been tempted to ask them to sell it to me or trade! I can move better on it for some reason, its strange. Sorry bout your cell, I hate it when I don't have mine on me, I never really use it, but its like security. Your dinner sounded fabulously delicious! How nice you have a boyfriend that can cook!:p
Shannon, so what are we gonna do with that hair chica? I only wish I had dark luscious curls, you and Breckie are lucky girls.Go ahead and use a little gel, I promise it will change your life! *crosses fingers and toes* sounds like Mr. Interview Man really liked you!!:D Well, of course he did.

Kristi, LOL at the "dreaded song" gosh, for the life of me I do not know which one that is?? I do know there is one that goes something like, "I feel blind with all the things you say, blah, blah, blah, some dude sings it and I despise! I prefer my music electronic/house beat and sound, it gets and keeps me moving, which is why I love itrain #3...in phase 2 or 3 there is this awesome song that totally energizes me, no vocals, just this pounding beat.

BG, I emailed ya girl. How was breakfast?:DOOPS, you better already be on meal number 3 sista!;)

I miss our RT'ers already, but know they are flying for hours so that makes me feel better, I do so hate to fly, I get all cramped up and get antsy.

Today's workout? Hum, thought about trying the Newport, but think I might go to the gym and do CC7 (my favorite CC ever) on the elliptical (the fabulous elliptical) and then the kettlebell later on, my lower back is jacked up again, so need to kinda be mindful. I have arthritis in my low back, did I tell you guys that? No? Oh good, cause know I get all of your sympathies.:D So time to ibuprofen and get movin'...

Shannon, I was so busy feeling sorry for my own hurts, I forgot to send you well wishes about your own "ouchie". What the hell is happening with that thumb? What a strange bodypart to injure!:mad: And a much used bodypart, hope its feeling better!

Hey Tneah! Be careful with that lower back, missy. Oucha magoucha! I need to really try my KB workouts again. I have the Extreme one but I've never tried it! I only tried The KB Way once and wasn't in love (it didn't give me ANY doms! WTH!?!?!?) I just can't seem to find a way to fit Kettlebells into my rotations. Hmmmm.... Have fun on the elliptical! Wow, it goes up to 42?!?!? :eek: Holy tension batman!

My neck and traps are still killing me. I figured out what it's from though. Those darn pullovers in PUB. I did them with a barbell and went W.A.Y. too heavy. And I swear it pulled every muscle in my traps, neck, and triceps. I still can barely turn my neck or touch my shoulders. I need to be careful. I knew my form was suffering as I was doing them but was so determined to go heavy. :confused: I'm a moron.

I'm so excited to watch my niece tomorrow night and Saturday. I haven't hung out with her in so long and she's so stinkin' cute. She's almost 6--I can't believe it! My sister emailed me this morning and said she bought us a movie to watch on Friday night and it's a surprise for Corrin (my niece). She bought College Road Trip. It's one of those dorky tween movies with Raven Simone (the girl from the Cosby Show and now she's on the Disney Channel). My niece loves stuff that's way too much for her age, IMHO. All those Disney channel shows are for young teens--like Hannah Montana--and my niece is totally acting too old for her age and getting an attitude. But whatever. She's not my kid. I can't tell my sister what she should and shouldn't let her daughter watch. Plus, Corrin's an only child. Nothing against only children or anything, but in my opinon, Corrin's a brat because of it. :eek: I grew up with 6 siblings so I can't imagine being (or having!!!!) an only child. I want lots of babies. :) Well, not seven like my crazy parents, but maybe 4.

Ok, enough kid talk. I should at least pretend to do some work. ;) I have to squeeze in some homework today at work too since I have school tonight and didn't finish all the work. :eek: Ooops.....

ETA: Shannon, I forgot to congratulate you on your awesome interview! Wow, an hour and a half?!?!?! That's fantastic--it means they loved you. I hope it all works out. What kind of work is it? You probably already mentioned what it is and I missed it. Sorry....
Oh, and take care of that finger! Poor thing! I hope it feels better soon. What did you do to injure it?

Last edited:
Hey y'all - I actually have a little bit of work to do today. Whoopeee!

Shelley - yay for computer-free days and unclean dinners!!! Where did you eat? I remember those two fantastic places you took me... oh man was that good food.

Allie - LOL! Okay, I'm glad you don't truly hate our wonderful Coach Sean! Whew. And I won't tell Michele. ;) Good job on the carb loading last night! It helps, doesn't it? Mmmmmmm!

Tneah - what the heck are you talking about, girl? That's what I love about my elliptical! I love how hard it works my legs, especially on the hills. Yowza! As for my hair... I think I'll just ignore it like I usually do. :D Oh and the thumb - I think it's tendonitis, you know, on that big tendon that sticks out on the back when you stretch out your hand? I've had this problem before. My hands just don't like it when I put a lot of weight on them. Stupid things. I think arthritis in my back would be loads worse though! Lower back pain is icky. How'd you manage to get arthritis there???

ETA to Allie: We were posting at the same time again... Actually, the interview lasted that long because the director decided he wanted to tell me everything he knew about the organization. (insert smiley, which I can't do in edit mode...) It's a writing job for the Arkansas Education Association.

Last edited:
AHEM. Hello ladies! I am still here--don't leave for the RT until tomorrow. So you don't miss all of the RTers yet. :p

But at the moment I have to put away some groceries (at least the cold things) so I'll bbiab.

Shannon--aw, Mr. Interviewman decided to talk your ear off, huh? Blech. But he must've liked you enough to tell you all that, right? I still think it's a good thing you were there for so darn long. ;) I hope your tendonitis gets better soon. Is it from computer work, you think? My coworker's wrist and arm are SO screwed up from computer work. She goes to physical therapy 3 times a week and wears a brace all day. :( She says the P.T. has her doing all different types of wrist curls....with THREE pound weights!!!! And she complains that they're so hard and she is always so sore--I told her to try Cathe. ;)

I think my wrists are nice and strong from Cathe's wrist curls. I used to skip them all the time and then I realized that it's exercises like that that are so important because they'll prevent me from having trouble like my coworker has. Gotta love our Cathe.:D

ETA: I forgot to tell you that I adore your signature line. Man, I love Press Play. :)

ETA again: Hey Lainie! Are you psyched for the RT!?!?!?!?!?

Sheesh, once again I feel inferior...:eek::eek:Shannon, you slay me with your leg powered self...but than again, fitness is a personal journey, and I cannot compare myself to others,yadda, yadda, yadda...I'm in pretty darn good shape, but I think I might be one of those who looks stronger than I really am...kinda weird, its genetic I think.

Allison, the KB Way I think might be weird, I would get the Extreme Kettlebell cardio one, Lauren or the Newport one. I have been doing these workouts instead of weights this week and have DOMS in my arse, legs, arms, core, you name it. I think they are such great overall workouts, I am really excited about them cause I get really burnt out on the weights, plus I can do them on the boat which is cool.
Fun times with your little niece! One of my nieces is the same way, she used to love Britney Spears until I told her not too.:p She looks up to me, I love it, so I try and set a good example for her, take her shopping and let her play with my makeup,,,,,good example.;) Its fun being the "fun and pretty" auntie which is what she calls me..gotta love it.

Okay off to workout..oh, food intake has been good so far this week, except for the black licorice which is strange, because I never knew how much I liked it....there is some Panda brand on the boat, made with molasses and its soooo good. I have never felt "icky" when I consume sugar, in fact it energizes me, I love it, not too much mind you, but a little each day helps keep my grumpies away!

Hi Lainie bug! That is right, you don't leave until tomorrow right?

Allie - I've had some computer-related issues, but this isn't one of them. It's caused when I put full body weight on my palms, so that the wrist is bent back. Pushups, burpees, a lot of yoga moves... no can do. I can do pushups using dumbbells as grips, though, because I can keep my wrists straight. I've had tendonitis elsewhere too - as far as I can tell, I have naturally weak tendons. :( And I despise wrist curls. :D

Tneah - you're a silly woman. Inferior? YOU? Oh, very funny. I've heard enough about the workouts you do to know you could run circles around me. But like you said, it doesn't really matter, as long as we do what's best for us, right?

Hellooooooooooo!!!! :p

Sorry, had a silly moment there.

Sophie and I went out this morning and went to Michael's, where I got some scrapbooking ink (dark green and silver) and to Costco, where I ran into SO's dad (ugh) and then groceries. The sun seems to be out briefly, but doesn't look like it will last.

Shannon - we ate a place in Port Dover (where we went to the beach) and had Lake Erie perch and fries and coleslaw :eek:

Tneah - I'm LOVING the kb and the workout! Thanks! Do you have the AOS Newport workout? Do you like it? Which ones of Lauren's are good and what's her website again?

Lainie - how's the packing for the RT going? Remember to take underwear :p

Allie - I did see the thread for me over on OD. It was very cute! It makes me all warm and fuzzy to know that people miss me. College Road Trip for a 6 year old? Yikes!

Tneah - I'll try to fit Squeeze in one of these days. You watch that lower back. Do the KBs bother it at all?

Kristi - how was your meeting this morning?

I better go round up some lunch for Miss Sophie and get busy around here.

oh, and i'll be sure not to go shouting my epiphany all around cathe land. There'd be a lynch mob after me for sure. Don't tell michele what i said, k? It's our little melty secret....;)

ROTFLMAO!!! ROTFLMAO!!! ROTFLMAO!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

Now, submit yourself for discipline.
121fs725372.gif

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.