Just HATE - Oct 26

August

Cathlete
Morning!

Well, I don't know what happened, but I have DOMS in the backs of my legs. DOMS! In the back of my legs! From doing a 20-minute Pilates workout and some yoga. DOMS! Now, this is either great news in that the Pilates and yoga were AWESOME, or this could be awful news in that my legs are TOTALLY out of shape.

:eek:

;)

It must be that the yoga is awesome. :D

Why?

Because I also feel as if I'm holding my torso differently today. From one day of yoga. I know. Sounds suspicious. But I did the yoga basic poses once the day before, twice yesterday, morning and evening, and whenever I think of it, I kind of twist my torso some :). And so, today for my meeting I wore a tight shirt. :* And it was a lunch meeting, mind you. Hey, Michele, I noticed there was magic in my organic veggies and beans lunch stew!

Anyway, this morning I did Gym Style Shoulders coupled with Christi's 5004 step workout. I couldn't help looking at the Christi workout differently. In fact, I couldn't help giggling throughout the workout in anticipation of moving onto other workouts to find my special bonus surprise :+ .

Who'd have thought cardio could be so fun!

What's on your plates today, my spicy little pumpkins?

August, I need your workout every morning. Geeze, I am such a slaker.
I can't even hate cardio cause I don't even have time to do it any more. Think that might be changing as soon as they finish building the new gym near my office and I can get over there.

So, yes I have some time this am, must take DD back to the Dr...AGAIN!!! I swear this kid can't get over this cold, it keeps going and going and going, so now I have to take the morning off drive all the way across town, back home and back to work. Not going to be a very productive day and I leave for Denver this Sunday for 3 days. Busy, busy, busy.

Michele, I am still waiting for my pumpkin spice thingy. I love the lattes at Starbucks. It is my weekend treat! A grande non fat xtra hot pumpkin spice latte.

I have had all kinds of headaches with school too and I am soooooooooooo freggin upset about all of it I could scream.

I was having some anxiety problems with the flying all the changes so I went to the Dr and got some stuff called klonopin, woooowwwwoooohoooooo......lordy knocks me on my butt when I take those. At least I have been able to sleep on them. So, I am not totally insane.

Anyway...ok, well I need to catch up with everyone, Michele, you did not go to Italy with DH because you stayed home to take care of MIL? Is that correct? That was very kind of you. I am sure they really appreciate you sooo much! Did you ever find some shoes? I need to go shoe shopping, but I am on a cannot buy until I buy a new car in December. Cannot buy anything!!!! That is really hard to do!!!
How is your new cardio machine? Still working out good for you?

August, what is an organic veggie and bean stew...can you send it over to me? Sounds like it might be pretty tasty!!!!
You are offically a nut, cardio and weight nut! I wish I had time to be a nut again. I think I am bored with working, thats all I ever do is work, work, work, work, work...uhhhhh........oh yeah and travel all over the place.

Dana-I have been meaning to email you, I am going to write myself a note to do so today. I will send you some stuff. How is Gannon today?
Big boy is 1 right???!! This month is his b-day. Did you have the party yet? If not you better take some pics!! No excuses!!! Give him a super big hug and kiss for me to get better!

Kate-Ok, so what the heck happend on PR??? I cannot believe that ding dong won! I so did not like any of his stuff! YUCK!!YUCK!! YUCK!! I wanted Michael to win or Laura (red head, was that her name).
How is the new computer working out for you? Mac or PC? I can't remember??

Diane-hot, cold, rain, sun, humidity, dry.....will the weather make up its mind already??? Geeze!!!

Ok, ladies, I have to run. Sorry if there are about 100 million spelling errors in this thing, I am short on time and need to hop in the shower to get DD off to the Dr.

Hope everyone is doing great and has a great day!!!

Janjan:7 :7 :7

Hi Jana!

Wow, it's been a long time since we got a nice juicy one from ya! :p Urgh, that cold your DD has sounds like it really sucks! Is it the one with the heaving cough?

The organic veggie and bean stew was really good, and like a near miracle to find in Japan. I had a lunch meeting and the guy taking us for lunch took us to an Italian restaurant. The menu was all set lunches......ALL PASTA! OH NOOOOOO, I thought, until I got down to the last thing listed and my saving grace was there. :) And it was good. I was so happy to not to have to eat white pasta LOL.

Off the subject, but my grocery store is selling a new brand of cottage cheese that is like dirt. I'm not sure what to do about it (aside from the obvious - don't eat it LOL). I tried putting a touch of soymilk into it but it just made it slightly liquidy dirt. So I picked up some yogurt and will try mixing that in with the dirt tomorrow morning and see how that goes. I'm hoping it won't be mud.

And Michele - my Gliding Discs are here, woo hoo! I immediately put my feet on both and did a brief frantic scissor dance on my carpet. It was fun. I even made some extremely animated facial expressions just for a laugh. :7

Anyway, Jana, Denver! I've never been there before. Sounds like fun!

Okay, off for a little more work...

Good morning August and Janjan!!

August, I think you have DOMS because you worked your muscles in a different way from what you've been doing. Actually, I have no freakin clue why you have DOMS but that seems like a plausible explanation--lol! Maybe, just maybe the yoga is what you need to help with that twinge of pain and boat with an L. I refuse to believe it has anything to do with barley:p . And please, lets add all forms of beans to the magical flute...er...food list. Your lunch sounds delish! Mmmmmm--bean and veggie stew:9 . What all was in there? I like to make an Italian side dish with cannellini beans and canned tomatoes. I suppose it could be a main course but I usually serve it as a side dish. It has onions, garlic, and some fresh basil, too, and cooks up in a minute. I love pasta. I love it, Love it, LOVE it!! I limit it to no more than once a week now:-( . I wish I liked the WW kind but, ICK!! I think people that claim to like it are lying--lol! I'm glad you're enjoying your Christi's with all that wild hair and whooping. I cannot believe how fast you got your gliding discs. I'm LMAO at you and your wild scissor dance.

Janjan:) :+ . You're back:+ . We have missed you! I hate your new job:p. I'm so sorry about your precious DD. I was hoping she'd be over the cold now that she's out of daycare and home with a nanny. --Denver! What will you be doing there? What is your company about--what it your job? I've never really understood. --What's going on with school? I keep trying to tell you that you have too much on your plate but no one ever listens to me. You are so young and you have all kinds of time to accomplish everything. Can you drop your courses for now and pick them up later? I wouldn't want you to risk a bad grade that will pull down your GPA. I'm like an old mother hen, I know, but I worry about you. My gosh, I hate to hear that you need medication for anxiety. Slow down, darlin! Just take it easy and don't demand so much of yourself at once. You can have it all, just maybe not all at the same time;) :* .

DH will be home tomorrow:) :) :) :) :+ . I can't wait!! I don't think he's having a very good time. It sounds like they're working him pretty hard. He said he's exhausted. He's actually been seeing patients over there:eek: . I think he's pretty anxious to get home.

Okay, so I have butt and hamstring DOMS, too. My w/o yesterday included single arm rows and stiff-legged dead lifts. Today is chest presses and lunges. Oh gawd, I hate lunges--and it calls for a lot of 'em;( . Eli and Coach Sean will accompany me on my cardio:)

I have to stay focused for the next couple of days. I have things to do around the house, errands to run, and I'm taking dinner to mom and poppo tonight. I think I'm going to make chicken cacciatore with lots of tomatoes and bell peppers. I haven't decided what to have with it yet. Any suggestions?

I have to run but I'll try to check back later :* :*

I almost forgot to say hello to Diane, Dana, Ellen, and Kate!!:eek:
Hello:* :*

Oh man, I'll put mine down on the chicken cacciatore! That sounds really yummy.

That reminds me, I sent you an email, Michele, and wonder if it got to you? I want to know if you're a Christi Convert yet. :) Have you been watching or trying them out?

I know you ARE! :p Fess up!!

What was in the veggie/bean thing, you ask? Remember, you're asking someone who has never used chicken broth in her life. There were organic veggies cut up small...and lots of different colored magical flute instruments (a.k.a. beans), and Magic Barley. And some liquid to make it a soup. :-( Okay, so I won't write that one in the recipe book I plan to release. Ooh, your Italian side dish sounds goooood.

My Mom is a pasta fiend. FIEND. Like whenever we go out for dinner, I ask her what she'd like to eat and she says, "pasta." I know all the places in my neighborhood that serves pasta plus other things that I eat. Ahhhh, the days I used to eat pasta....how nostalgic...

Yeah, my discs came quick didn't they. Delivery service in Japan is TOP quality. Really, it's just amazing.

Well, the SPRI guys searched for the soft medicine balls here but no luck. I think I'll try using my ankle weights rolled up and see how that works.

Say hi to Sean and Eli!

August, I did not get your email. It's funny because I was just getting ready to email you. I think I will do that now:)

That's a bummer about the Spri squishy balls. I think you'll be fine with your ankle weights, though.

Was it soup or stew? It almost sounds like minestrone--I'll bet you were eating minestrone. I LOVE minestrone and I make it a lot! It's a staple.

Okay, I'm going to email you now. I'm a painfully slow typist so don't get too antsy:7

Just running in for a second to say hi.

The "emergency arm slimming plan" has changed into the "I don't have time, I'm tired, and I want to eat my Halloween candy, thank you very much! plan."

I worked too late last night to workout after work, then couldn't fall asleep so didn't workout this morning. So the only chance I have to workout is Friday after work and Saturday morning (which is not going to happen because I have to leave early to go to Austin).

So I am just giving up and I don't have time to slim down at all.

In some other very good news, DH called me this morning from Korea and he is coming back early!! He should be back Friday afternoon, so he will be able to go to the wedding with me!! So I feel so much better about this weekend and don't really care any more about my arm flab :)

Alright, I have to get back to work. They are slave drivers over here.

I've been watching the Gliding tips part of the DVD. I almost...ALMOST...was going to try it out, but it's past midnight now, so I figured it's better to just stay plopped on my sofa. :)

Michele - So weird that you didn't get my email! Where on cyberly earth did it go?! No matter, it was of little importance :D . Are you typing away for me right now? Oh, goody goody! :D

Minestrone? NO! There was nothing WHITE in there! :-( Or was there?

Okay. Tell me. What's the difference between soup and stew? :* There was very little liquid in it, so I was calling it stew.

Diane - Oh, that's good news to hear that DH will be home early to accompany you to the wedding. Now you can be looked at as a couple, rather than a couple of flabby arms. LOL. Of course, I'm just kidding! No way you got flabby arms, girl. Eat that Halloween candy, and eat some for me, too, please!...............what kind do you have? :)

Is there something wrong with me in that I can come here to respond to every entry made? LMAO.

And here I was writing I wouldn't have time to play with you guys today because I'd be out for meetings all day....duh, you're all SLEEPING when I'm doing that!

Yea!! Diane's DH will be home early!! Friday will be a joyous day all around. Oh, I'll take your arms any day over mine but I doubt you'd want to switch.

August, check your email:)

I...I...I did a bad, bad thing. I was feeling a strong magnetic pull. I hopped into my car and inexplicably ended up and the donut place:eek: . I curse the donut place, and thank goodness they'll be doing away with the pumpkin donut as of Nov 1st.

Minestrone is a soup with loads of veggies and beans.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!ROTFLMAO!!!!!ROTFLMAO!!!!!ROTFLMAO!!!!!ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Oh, I WISH WISH WISH I could have one of those things!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, not one.

I thought minestrone had a short noodle in it? Eek, then I don't know what the difference between soup, stew OR minestrone is. x(

A reply is at you, Michele! :)

Hmmmmm--August, I just checked my email and there's nothing:-( . I wonder what's up with that? I'll keep checking.

Minestrone is loaded with veggies, beans, and pasta--usually a small tubular shape. It literally means "big soup". It's pretty thick with ingredients but has a thin broth. It's a meal unto itself.

August--I got it!!!:)

Phew--I was getting worried.

Please, please, somebody eradicate all thoughts of donuts from my mind:eek: ;(

What candy do we have? Once I list it, you will see why I can't resist it. (hey that rhymed!) I got several variety packs of the following miniature candies:

Reese's Peanut Butter cups
KitKat
Twix
Snickers
Musketeers
Starburst

Now can you see why it is impossible to resist? I probably have had about 30 pieces since this weekend. Maybe more. It is insane. We will have to buy more candy.

Let me know what y'all think of the following shoes? I have been short of shoe crazy lately.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7265194/c/74265.html (I am not sure if these are office appropriate, but they sure are cute)

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7273404/c/89.html (I already have some black suede mary janes, but these are so cute)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2895299...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6006727&P=1 (I need some new fashion sneakers for the winter, my pumas are outdated - the look now is more old school vintage than super sporty).

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2908186...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6006726&P=2 (I love these shoes for work in the black sued, but the heel is just so high).

Diane--ROTFLMAO!!

There is NO WAY I could EVER bring home Reese's PB Cups or Snickers. They would be gone in one, disgusting gorge fest. Those are my absolute favorite candy bars. I only buy halloween candy that I don't like and I wait until the last possible minute to buy it. Which reminds me--I still need to pick up something for DH to hand out at work.

Oh my--I have to go. I can't afford the old butt glue problem today. I'll see you later, girlies:* :*

Okay, this is my last post--lol!

Diane, I love all of them. I could never wear a 4" heel but that is a very cute shoe. As for the Reebok--is that the color you want? I love the shoe but I'm not sure about the green--but don't pay any attention to me because I'm terrible with color. I'm pretty boring and probably wouldn't buy shoes unless they were black or brown.

Crap, Diane. I shouldn't write that. I apologize. But that candy list. OMG. Especially Reece's. That would be SO gone if it were in my hands. And they're minis, so psychologically they feel like they are insignificant when eating one. Numerous times. :p

Michele, your comment about the disgusting gorge fest literally made me laugh out loud. In fact, it's making me laugh just writing it.

Oh man, I'm glad my email got to you. How weird? Why did it take so long? Where was it going? Maybe it was trying to get to the donut place?

Oh, the shoes are cute. Of course, I like the high heel ones! }( Though I'd never be able to wear them out walking anywhere...

Actually, I never wear sneakers, but I kind of like the green. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.