June 10 Check in Tuesday 22nd**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Feeling a little DOMS from yesterday. Mostly in the back muscles...It is a manageable soreness though. Thank goodness. Ok, so today I am doing Cardio Kicks and we are headed to the park. I will be doing my walk while the kids ride bikes...

Later, we will be going to the pool. I got all the laundry done yesterday. And luckily only 3 pieces needed ironing. They were Vic's dress shirts. I don't iron 99% of my stuff. But, I do iron his work clothes...Ugh!

Well, time to get some fuel in the body so I can perform with my workout. Breakfast!!!

Talk to you later...

Hey Girls...

So my first day of kind of sleeping in (couldn't full force sleep in, because we have dentist appts at 9:30), didn't work out so well. I got up at 4am for Zach sugar check, and tossed and turned the rest of the morning and got up at my regular time. Oh well.

I'm going to do another 4DS workout today. Yesterday I did do Athletic Step first. And then the Shoulders, Calves and Core from LIS. AS was not a piece of cake, either! I stuggled with getting through it at times, and Hottie, I'm relieved you said you had to take breaks with it! I thought I was being wimpy!. The shoulders from 4DS was tough!!

Today, I think I may do a HiiT from Shock Cardio (30/30 probably or Pyramid), and then Chest/Back from 4DS.

AFTER the dentist though...

Kathy: YAY for managable DOMS! I'm going to try to do an extra 10 minutes of cardio today too, if i don't do something else with the boys. There's a bonus cardio from one of Cathe's rotations that's cool.... I'm relieved to hear you don't iron ALL your clothes. gosh, I was starting to like a slacker, Kathy! LOL!

Hottie: I'll have to show that tool bench to Greg. That's something he's always wanted, but always costs so much. Thanks for the link!... Ya,. I have no idea why the MET value of AS is less than the MMA's either! I think it's tougher than the MMA's (KB) actually. That is very cool you are working on Cancer treatments! ... I just know that guy is going to die in the next week. So sad. .. Chemo is so grueling on the body as it is.

Beth: Now I want the BOB workouts! :eek: Actually, I just got a box of Cathe stuff yesterday, I used my $100 GC , finally!. I should be happy, esp with Turbo Fire on its way! But are we ever happy with the workouts we HAVE? LOL> . That's funny about the ice rink yesterday! It's like Alex. He's begging for a snowboard. But, we really have no where to snowboard, without traveling. He got a 100 on his report card yesterday, and I said he could pick something special, and he STILL says a snowboard. *sigh*

gotta get to the dentist for cleaning ... BBL!

Hey Chris....Hope your dentist appt. is a good one. I go back tomorrow to have the right side deep cleaned. It wasn't so bad last week. I just hate the numb feeling after. They numb the whole side. At least I already got the filing done! Oh no, I do not iron everything. I HATE to iron so much. Don't know why. I just do! Like I said, I only do the work stuff for Vic and some slacks that I might wear to church. The rest of the stuff, I just wear around here and to shop or errands. Who cares about them..HAHA I hear ya on the sleeping in. I never sleep much past 7 or so. This morning I was awake at 6:30 and felt a little tired still. But, I figured it was a waste of time to try and get back to sleep so close to 7. So, I got up and got breakfast and dressed. I am taking more time to make sure I brush after I eat too. I have an extra step of this antibacteria rinse for a couple of weeks to go with the deep cleaning. I hate it and can't wait to give up that step.

Anyway, now I am headed down to do cardio kicks. NOt a favorite, but I do it when it comes up on the rotation because I never choose it on my own...

Be back later..

Back from the dentist! I got good reviews and compliments on my teeth. yay!

Kathy: I've never heard of "deep cleaning", it sounds intense. you need novocaine for it? oh my!... Yep, I feel the same way about cardio kicks!

In my Cathe package was: An orange yoga matt (I LOVE IT!), Micro load gloves, which seem a little snug and kind of hard to to load/unload the weights, the firewalker band (haven't used it yet), purple weight lifting gloves (also seem kind of snug), and 2 "Cathelete" tee's,. pink and marroon!

okay, off to do MY workout now!

Ok, I feel there is so much to comment on, already!!! Where do I begin? Ok, first off..... I haven't seen an iron in years!! I just don't buy stuff that needs to be ironed or when I have to then I take it to the cleaners!!!

Hottie, I'll try to check my HRM numbers for those workouts.... thought of that in bed last night! :)

Kathy, it sounds like you have a great day planned -- hope it's fun. I have to do some cleaning around here today, as there wasn't really much done yesterday. We have been sort of "all hockey all the time" here -- which is great in other aspects, but it still leaves our house a mess.

Chris, sorry about the crappy night! Hope the dentist appts went well and that tonight you can sleep better. So funny about the snowboard! And funny enough, Dylan just came up to me and asked if we could try ice skating again. Sheesh! Which gloves did you get -- one pound each, or two pound? The two pounders are super snug on me -- can't remember if those weights are removable, so I'm thinking you got the one pound. For what it's worth, I never really remove any weight! I have that maroon cathlete shirt -- as you know from the RT pics. Enjoy the new stufff!

I was so sore when I woke up! I think those Bobs are pretty good for the price, but you could always get them later in the year from Target. I'm going to send you (Chris) a pm about turbofire. Mail actually, I guess, not pm. So, I couldn't face the Bob cardio and ended up doing another yoga. I think I'm going to try to incorporate yoga more frequently -- can you tell? (since I've done it four times in the past week, I think it is). I'll walk/jog later when everyone's playing hockey.

Ok, off to other things.....

Chris: I have the firewalker bands, and the 2 sets of gloves you got in your Cathe box. Love them all..I don't really take the weights out of the gloves. I do have some other little weights that are a half pound each that I sometimes add and they do seem snug after that...I also bought the newer weight gloves that are 2 pounds each. So, I have the one pound and two pound gloves and the regular gloves. HOw do the Cathe tees run in size? I thought about getting one...The deep tissue cleaning is intense. They rub the I guess it is novocaine all around my gums and then she goes under the gums and cleans. It would be too painful without the numbing. Last time I got a few shots of novocaine too. Not sure if I will get that this time or not. I think the shots were for the filing I got on one of my bottom teeth. Glad you got an "A" report today!! Enjoy your new box of stuff!!

Beth: Good news on the new workouts really giving you some DOMS. That is a sign you worked those muscles differently. So, Yahooo!!! Hope you get to your cleaning. I hurried and did alot of it on Saturday (vacuuming, dusting and bathrooms) and yesterday I got caught up on the laundry. If I do a load of wash here and there it doesn't pile up like that. I just was busy at the end of last week and it didn't get done... Enjoy the added yoga and the walk/run. I have been enjoying my walking in the morning...Tomorrow I won't be able to go with the kids since I have the dentist and doctor appointments. It will be a busy day. I have to fast in the morning since I want my cholesterol levels checked with blood drawn. So it is a fasting morning. But, since I have the dentist at 10:30 and will be numb after that, it shouldn't be too hard...

Ok, getting ready for lunch and then the pool. Talk again later...

howdy! I feel DOMS from yesterday's workout...mostly in the chest and shoulders. I tried the yoga link shoulder workshop yesterday...it seemed pretty cool. I'll have to try the full workout sometime soon. Even Joe was interested because we saw how useful it could be for people hunched over at their desks all the time -- not just people with lax shoulder muscles like me. thanks for the recommendation beth!

So I did HiiT: 40/20 thinking I could do it since I did the Double Wave Pyramid so well last week. Um!! Well, for one i didn't sleep well. Kept on overheating. i made Joe switch sides with me in the middle of the night which helped. And when I woke up, i thought my back was touching Joe's back to find out Evee had put herself in between us to make an Evee Human Panini. (I wanted to say evee dog burger but then Joe got a little miffed when I implied his belly made him the top of the bun and I was the flat bottom portion). When she realized I was barely "up" she came to cuddle with me some more giving Joe moer space but not me so much! Instead of starting the workout first thing, I decided to take the morning slow and drop Joe off at the train station and futz at the computer (specifically feelfitwear.com) before starting HiiT:40/20. I did it at all the risers she did this time and it was HARRRRD. I tried to do the fast feet shuffle on 8 inches but I broke into doing some PATHETIC power 3s to give my core a break. amazed I did as much as I did. Needed longer breaks, and i skipped the butt kicks in deference to Chris and my butt. I modified something else but I did it, walked evee for a 0.5 mi, and did 10 minutes of the medicine ball part of coremax #3 since I don't have Ab circuits. Traffic was pretty decent today but I'll be happy when they open the exit off the freeway I normally take.

Kathy -- oh I love it when you're chatty! So is Cardio Kicks before cathe found her stride in the kickboxing workouts? This may be TMI but i had to delay my workout partially because I was waiting for my breakfast to be done (high fiber breakfast)! Nothing sucks more to stop your workout because you have to go!

Chris -- like I mentioned, those chests aren't ball bearing so they can't withstand a ton of weight but we don't have enough tools to warrant a lot of weight. You make me feel relieved about taking breaks in AS because *I* felt wimpy. I don't work on the cancer projects really except for this one I'm doing right now but its a very small aspect of it...but what we do is commonly referred to as the "magic shield" instead of the magic bullet. The idea is, chemo is so hard on the body, how can we protect healthy cells against chemo but not the cancerous ones. He had a longshot theory but it seems to be working....

Beth -- sounds like Bob is pretty good! Yoga does the body good. Did you hear about how this school in the south banned yoga as an elective PE on the grounds of separation of church and state? They claimed it teaching the kids Hinduism even though all it went through were breathing exercises and poses. Crazy. So, Joe is on this new bent of "not pissing me off" so he's been cleaning and helping...I don't think the house has been this clean or organized. I think i'm getting spoiled...

Hmm...I think I'm going reload my togos GC so i can get a free sandwich today. It was funny, on the way to the car after my workout I was so hungry that I shoved a couple fistfuls of broccoli risotto Joe made last night for tonight's dinner. how the hell do I calculate calories for that?!!?

Hey Girls...

I did my workout earlier. Pyramid HiiT followed by 4DS Chest & Back. I kind of liked Pyramid!!! I think it makes a big difference to do the moves on the floor instead of the step. Move I did that I did not like: Mountain Climbers. I just don't like being in that position maybe (like butt kicks!). I used pretty heavy on 4DS , so we'll see if DOMS shows up tomorrow.

The Zach/teenage saga continues here. It was wicked bad last night. I got into it with him about how he ignored his diabetes at the end of school party yesterday. He LIED to me again, told me he checked a blood sugar, but never really did. So that started me going off on him. And then, after Greg went to work, he came down to me sobbing. About how he hates diabetes, and he hates living with it, and he just wants to be a kid. If he's with his friends, he has too much fun, and forgets about it, which is good for him, but bad for management and his health. Anyways, he had me in tears last night, and we hugged, etc. But then today, he's playing the "diabetes" card as a way to get his way. I told him he couldn't sleep over his friends house. ("You're just saying no because of me having diabetes"). But in reality, it IS because he can't be "trusted" to take care of himself there. ... This is just wearing me down. I went upstairs and bawled myself. This is super frustrating to deal with.

Beth: The comment about the iron made me happy! I took mine down last week (to iron Zach's pants for semi formal) and it was covered in dust! LOL!. ... That is too funny about Dylan wanting to ice skate again!.... .. So Yeah, maybe I just won't remove the weight from the gloves. I did order up a size for them too. Kind of pisses me off, because I wanted BIGGER weight gloves, since mine are snug. These are even SNUGGER. But maybe they'll stretch?... Cool you got DOMS from Bob!!!. I miss Yoga and stretching. I should do it more too. I'm jealous of you! ... Oh I have to get a link for you on Turbo Fire. It was on Chalene's FB.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1469697338216

kathy: Wow. The gum cleansing sounds intense!!! Hope you enjoyed the pool today (jealous here!)

Hottie: YAY for no butt kicks! Even TYPING the name gives me the willies.!!. 40/20 is INTENSE!!! I didn't even THINK about that one today! LOL!. ... I like the Evee panini AND that joe didn't want to be the big top of the burger bun! AND that he is kissing your butt and cleaning the house!!!!! ... I think that something to make chemotherapy less harmful to GOOD cells would be like THE biggest break through in cancer treatment EVER!...

Where is Joanne?? Come out come out whereever you are!!

Hi all!! Didya miss me??? ;) Weekend was crazy as usual, tried to post but kept getting interrupted and asked for stuff. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard "mom, I'm hungry" I could quit my job. Then there are kids running in and out of the house. In addition to our own. I really don't mind, but there are a couple that are getting on my last nerve! They are good kids, but are over all the time. One is eating me out of house and home. And, they leave their garbage all over our new patio out front. They had a pretzel fight the other day and I woke up to soggy pretzels. Those are fun to pick up. I've told them nicely a few times that they need to clean up after themselves and they do when I tell them.

We're trying to get the house together for the party. Or, should I say, I'm trying and DH is thinking up new projects to test my last nerve and avoid doing other things I ask him to do! Kitchen is still not finished. He did move the fridge back, so that's good, but there's still a big section that needs to be tiled and then he has to grout the whole thing. And let it dry before 50-60 people come over in oh, four days! I did lots of painting yesterday, just trim and patched up some holes in the basement. Did some decraptify, but DH got mad I was moving his tools around. He decided last night that instead of finishing the kitchen floor it was more important to build shelves in Jameson's room. I had to go outside and not witness it or I might have lost it!! I actually have no idea how many people are coming cause just about no one has RSVPed! :(

OK, enough b*tching! Didn't miss me so much after all, huh?? ;) Good news -- Turbo Fire came today!! :) :) :) Happy happy! I want to start right away, but I'll miss a week when we go to the cottage in July. I may go ahead and start Monday anyway. Or just try some of them out. It looks really good!

Chris, oh, so sorry about the Zach issues. How tough it must be for him. And you. It is good that he did talk to you about it. Oh, I did read your post about that mom. OK - I think she overreacted a bit saying he was dangerous. Anyway, the teenage years have got to be the toughest without something like diabetes to deal with.

Beth, the Bobs sound good. The repeating of "Bob" reminds me of a game we used to play in college while watching the Bob Newhart game. We would all have to um, do/drink something, whenever someone said Bob on the show. Good times! Anyway, they do sound good, but I find myself avoiding workouts that are really tough lately, like Tonique. I'll probably get them when they come to Target, though.

Kathy, no iron for me either! Actually I do use it sometimes for work clothes, but try to avoid it if at all possible!! Caitlyn has been asking me to iron her stuff lately. Busy day tomorrow - I'm sure you'll be glad when it's over!

Hottie - good for Joe - he better keep pampering you! Love the Evee panini!! :) I know I say this like everytime I post, but you are doing so good with the STS workouts!! I need to get back on a rotation to inspire me.

I wanted to post more, but our Internet here is soooo sloooow today - hopefully this will post. Almost time to get ready to go home. Oh, we have no air conditioning and it is super hot and muggy today. Ick. Oh yea, workout was Turbo Sport. Must go....

Joanne

Where IS Joanne?! Hope everything is OK!

Hottie, I'm glad you (and Joe) liked Shoulder Shape Up. I've got to do that one again.... it is great. That is so crazy about yoga and separation of church and state. Some people are really paranoid, or something!!!

Oh, I see Joanne posted! Sounds like craziness at your house! But, it MOSTLY sounds like good craziness. All the kids -- that's stuff they'll all remember for the rest of their lives.

Chris, thanks for that clip -- I'm not sure what to think, but I know I'm going to wait til you guys tell me about it. So sorry about all the stuff with Zach.... that's got to be so hard. But, I did think as I was reading it that maybe he was working you a little (as most kids try to do!).

Yeah, on the Kathy dentist thing? I haven't even commented because it just gives me the heebie jeebies. :eek:

I got the mud room mostly cleaned up.... I feel so accomplished, but there's much more to do. Break over!!

THERE'S Joanne! We worry when you don't come and play! :)

OMG, your DH is crazy! He started building SHELVES? Although, I do that type of thing, but on a smaller scale. I'll start cleaning, say I have to wash the kitchen floor. But then I find OTHER stuff to clean first. Because I'll go into the bathroom to get something for the floor, and decide the toilet needs cleaning, etc etc. ... I HATE when people don't RSVP. What the heck?? Have the kids said that they were coming? So , it sounds like the party is inside? ... I can't believe you got Turbo Fire!!! You previewed them , then? I want mine NOW!!! ... Actually, I'm kind of enjoying the 4DS I'm doing this week. .... Ya, that mom was a little bizarre. The other thing is, she had JAKE call me from her house, to tell me that Zach was not allowed on her property and she'd call the police if he came back. So I asked to talk to her. Why would she ask an 8 yr old boy to do that? weirdo! (but she's very nice in person, when I've talked to her in the past).

My heart breaks for Zach, but yeah, he's being a poop today. And the diabetes card is BACKFIRING on him (since he's not wanting to even THINK about it when he's with his friends, thus will not call me or might skip checking his sugar during a sleepover).

Kids suck.

LOL!

Beth: Did you hear the music in the clip? See , that's what it's all about for me! "WE WANT THE FUNK, GIVE UP THE FUNK". ... THAT's what gets me pushing it during intervals more! ... But I'll be HAPPY to review it for you first. ... YAY for getting cleaning done. I so need to de-crapify. I was not in de-crapifying mode today though. Maybe tomorrow!?!?

WOW, Beth! The boxing challenge looked tough! The look on that girls face! She was UNcomfortable! Cool!

OMG - I get home today and DH has started building shelves in the kitchen. Didn't finish Jameson's, but started on the kitchen. Did nothing on the floor. You guys, I am just about to lose it!! I tried to calmly tell him I'm stressing out cause he has like five projects going on and doesn't finish them and the party is in four days. Am I being too hard on him? I know he's working this week and it's hard, but don't start a project till you finish one!! I would have rather he did nothing instead of more shelves.

Chris, the party is outside mostly, but people will still be in the house, I'm sure. It's supposed to be 90, so I'm sure the older people will want to be inside. I have to get DH to put in the window air conditioner before then too. I haven't previewed Turbo Fire yet. It has a CLX/Turbo Fire rotation that looks really good. You're supposed to do it after you finish the Turbo Fire rotation. I might try one out tomorrow.

Beth, I need to down a shot!! Instead I'm eating ice cream for dinner.

Must go - DH will be home soon with more shelving supplies. ;)

Joanne

Joanne, I didn't comment much because it seemed a bit too close to home to me. I don't know if Larry would start that many projects right before party, but he definitely tackles stuff in that way (right before a party) in a very different way than I would! And, he starts many many projects without ever finishing them. So, I wasn't sure what to say. On the shot vs. ice cream.... I was just completely annoyed with son #1 and I swear I looked at my red wine glass, I looked at the bag of chocolate chip cookies, and I grabbed the wine, only to hope I wouldn't also grab the cookies later. ....and now I hear #2 son sobbing outside..... some major fights today..... grrr.......

oh guys...I think we're all having some home problems all at once. I wonder if someone up there is screwing with us. Joanne...I had reverse dinner today...coldstone ice cream in fact. and then risotto. And then ice cream again. And then risotto. Geez, I wonder why I don't lose weight?!?! but honestly, with your husbands who I believe were not trained for 3.5 years as a MechE at Caltech...right now I'm just jealous that they are even capable of tackling a project like that! There I said it -- jealous! But you're not being hard on him at all.. that said, what do I know I have the least experience with husbands (but arguably more experience with people acting dumber than they should!)... I don't suppose you could try to do the floor by yourself, piss him off by doing it "wrong" and trick him into doing it. Yes...I've definitely done that psychology before...yes, I know I'm a bad person.

Beth, I think I've decided this. Here's the plan...we all get wasted at your guest house. And then anyone who comes in our way we'll "take care of" and no one will know because you live in a middle of a forest and no one will hear their screams. Whahahaha...ok, I'm just in a bad mood now. Hopefully you guys all saw it as humor instead of some desperate cry for psychiatric drug.

Good night...I'm getting me some cupcakes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.