June 09 Check in Weekend 27th-28th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies...

Getting us started for the weekend...I have been busy doing some housecleaning. My sisters will be here tomorrow..So, cleaning and I am going to bake some treats for all the company..Probably cookies and stuff like that...

I am also going to try to get a weight workout in today too..Not sure what..Maybe I will do a leg workout. Pyramid lower body. My upper body is finally able to move without soreness from the other day...

ok. be back later...

Good morning, Kathy! Thanks for getting us started on your busy weekend. I bet you'll have a blast -- it's great to get back with sisters (well, when you get along, and I'm assuming you do).

I did Squeeze Stronger this morning -- first time I did the whole thing in a very long time and I found it very tough! I was using 5 pound weights! It felt so pathetic. The leg work seemed really tough, too -- makes me wonder if I ought to do that once a week -- I remember thinking that before about this workout. It's just so darn long. And, no warmup to speak of, so I first did Cathe's ME warmup, and between that and Dylan interrupting the workout, I think it was about an hour and 40 minutes!!

It's already 65 degrees here at 8:30 in the morning -- that's unusual for us -- it's supposed to be very hot this weekend. My 5k is in two weeks and I'm really hoping it won't be hot then -- I don't do well in the heat, but I do remember that it is usually pretty warm. Middle of July -- what were they thinking? :) So, tomorrow I'm going to try to do ccpp a little later in the morning (closer to the time of the run) to try to get used to it. Not much time to prepare at this point, so it'll just be what it is. Last night my cold was really bothering me -- it felt like it was turning into a sinus infection or something, but this morning I feel a little better. So, I'm thinking I'll be ok for a run tomorrow -- hope so!

We are supposed to put up the boards on the hockey rink this weekend -- we'll see how that progresses with the heat. Have a good one! I imagine we won't hear much from people this weekend, with Chris gone and Joanne usually having a tough time getting here on the weekends. Waves to all.....

-Beth

Hey Beth!! Yes, I get along great with my sisters..My oldest is the bossy one who wants to be on the go all the time and my younger sister is pretty easy going. But, she can be difficult sometimes..I am the middle child..I can be difficult too. But, most of the time I am the peacemaker and feel I can be pretty easy going between the 3 of us!! Anyway, I am really looking forward to seeing them and my nieces and nephews...Hope you are feeling better and can run...

Ok, checking in with Pyramid Lower Body and a segment of ab hits done!!! Back to the baking and cleaning!!

Hi guys -- today was a gloriously lazy day. We still did stuff but nearly at the output we've been doing for a while...and we took a NAP in the middle of the day! That rocked. I was thinking cardio today but I know think I'm going to do a yoga/pilates workout before I go to bed and then some kick ass cardio tomorrow morning. I found out yesterday that the City of Pasadena is still giving me problems because apparently the previous owners didn't make our chimney high enough and I don't think I'm going to be able to slide on that one. Next week will be spent on trying to find someone to do that affordably. But I'm very happy because Big 5 had a sale on Cathe stuff and Joe got me a new Cathe swiss ball -- it's pink and smells like bubble gum. heehee.

Kathy -- my older sister is pretty bossy too. I think I'm bossy too actually but I think when she's in the room, I revert to her little sister always. I miss her though. We're talking about a trip where my mother brings my two nieces and I'm looking forward to that! Hope you're having fun!

Beth -- It got a bit warm too -- I'm thankful for my central A/C! I don't let Joe do 5Ks in the summer actually. There's one at disneyland in August and I flat out refused. I just don't want him to get sick, you know? It's so annoying when peole interrupt the workout -- it kills my momentum.

Ohh, off to finish my lazy day...

Good morning! Like I figured.... not much traffic here this weekend! Hopefully everyone's having fun. Hottie, good for you on the lazy day yesterday! Naps are great. Sorry to hear about the chimney, but if you are planning on having fires, it does sound like a good thing to do. Such a bummer you keep finding out about stuff like that!

I did ccpp this morning -- I did my mile and a half up the road and then turned onto the course for the 5k and ran a ways there. The audio finished before I could get back home, so I ended up doing an hour and fifteen minutes -- whew! I felt really crappy at the first challenge, but then better and better, but I think I'm going to be really sore later.

We had our gardening friends over yesterday to work on the irrigation (in this heat!). We harvested spinach, pickling cucumbers, snap peas, the first of the potatoes, a few tiny carrots to thin the others, and..... the first three cherry tomatoes!!! :D It's awesome.

Then last night we had friends over for dinner -- had a great time -- they are new friends, so at first I wasn't sure how it would go (if we'd have enough to talk about -- would their kids (who are older than ours) be bored, etc.), but a good time was had by all. Stayed up too late.

It's warm again, but I can see fog down at the coast. Well, hope everyone has a very nice Sunday, whether or not you can check in here. :)

-Beth

P.S. Hottie, I had the pink Cathe ball, too, and loved it, but that is the one the 7 year olds popped!! I was so irritated with them!!! Does Joe have a ball? Ok, I know that sounds funny, but you know what I mean......

-Beth

Well, Beth -- I have both of Joe's balls that I've kept in my trophy case pretty early on in our relationship...LOL! Joe is just at the height difference where he could do the pink one or the green one and right now we don't want to have two of them...though if Big 5 keep on having sales...it was pretty warm when I woke in the morning...72 degrees in the house at 6a with all the windows open. This morning I've been a little cranky with Joe -- started this morning cleaning up the house so that HIS guests don't think we're slobs because HE failed to mention they were coming until two days ago and I asked him 1) not to be a total lazy bum in the morning just surfing the web and watching TV while I was running around and 2) make sure to turn on the A/C before it gest too warm because I get sick if the house is too warm during my workout. Well, he did neither so I'm still cleaning while waiting for the house to cool down. Sometimes I wonder if I can push it at higher temperatures but Joe is worried about me overheating and getting sick like I used to...no point in risking it though I guess. I did super slim crunch whatever yesterday and I'm planning on cardio today. Probably an Imax but I'm debating about trying Imax3 or not.

That's so cool about the tomatoes! I'm going to start an organic vegetable garden next year most likely. Too much stuff to do this year and too much money. Though you'll love this story though you may have seen it on FB. The cable people smashed our sprinkler system pipe so there was no water going to some of the piping and the ground was being flooded. Joe and I fixed it the other day and before we covered the dirt we wanted to put the water on to make sure nothing was leaking. Well, he goes to turn it on and I'm standing over the hole with the repaired pipes and SWOOSH. There was a sprinkler head that I never realized was there (because no water went to it) that was right behind my butt. Totally soaked. And a bit stupefied in the moment. Joe and I couldn't help laughing but I was convinced I smelled like wet dog for hours...

Good job on your training run Beth! And good for you for doing it in this heat!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.