June 09 Check in Weekend 13th-14th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

I am sor sore today from Butts & Gutts..Good sore in the glutes mainly!! Today we have ALOT going on and the inlaws are here. So, I am resting today..We have baseball, choir, party for choir and Lauren is singing with the choir at mass tonight. Then, we are going out to dinner. Not sure where though...

Not sure if I will have time to pop back in later...Have a great day!!

Holy
lillamu5-756439.gif
, Kathy, you have a very busy (but fun sounding) day!

I'm contemplating taking an extra rest day... but I hardly ever win that argument with myself and I'm sure I'll be downstairs doing 4DS Kickboxing, cardio part only...

Going to wait at least until Greg takes Zach to his baseball game...

SEVeyesC08_th.gif

From last night...

Beth: OMG, what a horrible commute you had yesterday. VERY frustrating, i would have needed a can of frosting after that!! ;) ... Ya, huh? Wasnt' Lalo looking nice in his FB pic?? I wanted to comment "YUM" on it! LOL!!! That party sounds fun.. hope you're up for your run today (but for some reason, it sounds like you might not be!!)

orjnfq.gif

Hey Chris: Every once in a while we need to splurge with an extra day of rest..Have fun whatever you decide..

Thanks Kathy... I know I know. But I sat here and thought today is such a good day to do a work out. No pressure, hubby is home this weekend, no cleaning, just a little cooking. I should just do it, because what if Monday or Tuesday or next Saturday comes and I physically can't do it! My mind goes in circles.

I did the 4DS KB, cardio only. I'm always amazed at what a good sweat and how high my HR can go in just 30 minutes! Cathe kicks your butt EVERY time! No easy workout!... I did treat myself. I did Segment #1 of Total Body Stretch. It felt amazing, and my tight legs really needed that.

Now off to the shower and then taking the boys to get a new Webkinz, because I promised them from last weekend for being extra good for the sitter (plus I love the things too! .. :eek: . I've always had this thing for stuffed animals.....)

Over and out for now...

Morning. I have a pretty hectic morning. Groceries, errands, lab, electrolysis (on the west side!), lab again, cleaning, cooking, doggie stuff...I am doing some sort of Imax today because I NEED that endorphin rush but I'm not sure if I'm going to try the first half of Imax3 or not. I definitely need some regular good old cardio today.

Speaking of which I tried KCM's vertical step KB step boxing premix before BC#3 and it rocked this time. I didn't get every move down but most of it and I put it on an 8 inch step and my HR soared (to a good place). Very fun.

Kathy -- Eek -- busy day for you too. I hope you have a ton of fun though!
Chris -- Yeah, that's a great 30 minute workout. I always go into thinking, eeeh, do I really want to do only 30min and by the end of it I'm like, YEAH! What's a Webkinz?

good morning!! Kathy, that B&G gets ya' every time, doesn't it?! I haven't done it in sooooo long! Chris, good work on the KB -- it is amazing how intense those 4DS cardio sections are!!

Hottie, when you listed off all that stuff you have to do, I somehow read it as if you had already done it and I was very impressed! :) Good luck with it all -- how are your feet, anyway?

Well, I did get up and do my run. I only had a couple of glasses of wine last night, and I had drunk lots of water during the day in anticipation of it, so, I felt ok when I woke up this morning. I ran up my road -- theoretically it's about the length of a 5k -- well, if that's true, I am really slow -- slower than ever. Oh well! We'll see how that timed race is. I did some nice stretching afterward -- feeling good.

The party was so! much! fun!!! They had a very nice set up -- beautiful backyard, pool, deck, view. There were tons of kids in the pool. Travis was at a pool party earlier in the day, so I wasn't worried about him so much, but Dylan hasn't been in a pool since last summer, so I told him to go in the shallow end and get used to it. Well, I saw him bobbing, and I wondered if he was ok. He was not! Somehow he did manage to get out and the next thing I knew he was standing next to me, sobbing, saying he doesn't know how to swim, he almost drowned, etc. Sounds fun, no? Well, he eventually went back in, was more careful, and got his "swim legs" and had a lot of fun. But, I kept a much better eye on them after that! They did the swimming in two groups -- younger kids had a couple of hours, then they let the older kids take it over when it started getting dark. The band was awesome -- two of them were dads of my kids' friends. Tons of food, and just the perfect party atmosphere -- everyone having a great time. We did get dripped on at the end of the evening -- the band had to stop and cover things a couple of times, but they kept getting back to it. Oh, and then later in the evening I looked in and counted about 35 people, kids and adults, sitting in the living room watching the simpsons movie. So funny!

I have my usual mountain of laundry to do today. Larry is going to drive to Manteca (Hottie may know where it is) to go skate on a "street ice" surface we may end up doing. It's a two hour drive one way, or I think we might all go try it. I have one child who scored a sleepover last night, so I have to go collect him soon.

I hope everyone has a nice day -- with relatives, doing errands, relaxing, whatever!

-Beth

YAY for an IMAX, HOttie!
Bananeyessss.gif

YAY for a run, Beth!!!!
Bananeyessss.gif

I'm off to work in a few , keeping my fingers crossed for a quiet/good night!

No Imax for today which makes me endlessly sad. Hopefully, it will motivate me to get up first thing in the morning and make it my priority. Just tried to do too many things today and didn't have the energy or timing to do the workout. At least Evee got a dog park run in and she found a racing buddy until she scared the crap out of the other dog. And...I think little dogs humping other dogs is just realy really really really traumatizing. I don't care how natural it is. So even if I didn't do an Imax, I did ChoreMax and ErrandMax...does that count?

Good morning, sleepies! Hottie, yes, your "maxes" count yesterday -- you kept moving, right? Those things are exhausting sometimes!!

We were all in bed by about 8:00 last night! Did I tell you we didn't get home from the party the night before until 11:30? Even the kids! So late for us. So, I was sound asleep and Gina started barking like crazy about 9:30. Apparently the beach boardwalk was setting off fireworks to welcome summer, or something. Gina was not happy.

I did another netflix today -- Jackie Warner's One on One. I picked it after seeing people on vf rave about it -- that they got it from netflix and then decided to buy it. Well, I liked it a lot -- it's worth trying if you have netflix, but I don't think I'll be buying it (may get it from netflix again though). I always wonder -- does netflix not have Cathe because they don't want to shell out the high prices, or does Cathe not want netflix offering it because then people might not buy? But, if she's on fit tv....... I don't know! When I first discovered Cathe it was a bit maddening to me that I couldn't try it from netflix first since they are so pricey.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend -- Chris, how did the re-entry to work go?

-Beth

Sleeping by 8 -- sounds divine!

I'm torn... some cardio but I've been thinking about trying KCM's step boxing in its entirety. Joe says to do the Imax w/o I planned from yesterday. I need to decide soon though because I'm stock in labs for a while as well as errands + cooking + cleaning. I made Cornish Game Hen stuffed with yam risotto - too fattening!

I think you don't get Cathe of off Netflix because Netflix only has agreements w/ big houses (Starz, Colombia, Sony, etc). Since Cathe owns her own small house without a parent like Gaiam, we don't see them in their list. I seem to recall her saying she was trying to reach some kind of agreement.

I've had a fantastically lazy morning thanks to Joe spoiling me. I don't want it to end...

Hi Girls...

I did ok at work, but was generally nervous inside about ALL of the meds I gave. It was kind of busy, but not over the top busy.

Today I woke up to a sick Zach. His blood sugars have been high and he's had ketones (thankfully Greg was home this weekend). I checked his temp when I got up and it was 101.5. He's got a sore throat , cough, headache. I called his Pedi Endocrinologist, and she mentioned that "the Swine Flu is going around locally". JUST what I needed to hear. I called out sick from work. I can NOT go, I'm a nervous freakin wreck. DH got a little pouty, thinking that *I* don't trust him or believe he can handle it. I do think he can, but the mommy in me just needs to be here with him, know what I mean?

So anyhow..

It's nice to distract myself here for a bit...

Hottie:
Wonder which workout you did on your lazy Sunday morning??? You di a LOT of "Maxes" yesterday!! :eek:

Beth: What kind of workout was One on One? Is this the start of your circuit rotation week? WOW , 11:30 is WAY past my bedtime!!! The kids must have been thrilled to get to stay up so late... Hope you're having a lazy day today.

Wow, just came back from doing KCM step boxing in its entirety (sort of) on 8 inches. I say sort of because there was a lot of standing staring at the screen going, say, huh, wha? There's one combo on the horizontal step I'm going to have to modify as I do not have enough room to the right and left of me to do it the way she suggests. I sort of thought the core work was a joke but maybe I'm doing it wrong. It felt more like a "cool down" which was fine but I definitely am going to have to do something else for my abs later tonight. But the workout made me think, "Why won't cathe do a step boxing work out?? Hers would be funner and sweatier!" This morning was a wee bit hectic, and I imagine I'll be hectic in a little bit too as my morning plan for lab work got cut short by naseau so I'll be stuck going later.

Chris -- Oh my -- Zach's sugar problems and now swine flu? You're kinder to greg than me though that said...Joe knows he couldn't handle something like that so he would moan for three minutes and then shut up. I wouldn't be able to go into work with something like that...I barely went into work when Joe had hives (which are better btw -- thank you epinephrine!) And I agree -- sometimes you just need your mommy!

Ohh, signing off for now not really willing to look at the list of things I need to do before sunset...

Chris, maybe you should tell Greg you're not going to work because you don't want to risk perhaps you having swine flu and passing it on at the hospital! ;) I guess it's too late for that one..... I hope Zach gets better soon and that no one else in your house gets the flu! Wow!

Hottie, I seem to not be able to do anyone's choreographed workouts besides Cathe.... just can't seem to get it.

The one on one workout is divided into three 20 minute sections: upper body, lower body, and core (yes, I think it really was about 20 minutes of core). Each of those sections is divided in a sort of strange way. She has four (I think) people doing the workout, and she works with each one individually, has them do one minute of three or four strength things, and then maybe a minute or two of cardio, then moves on to the next person (still in the upper body section, for instance). So, it was a circuit workout, but the weight sections were pretty intense. I was not wild about all that core work! That seemed to drag on, but the rest of the workout really flew and I really felt it!

Have not had a relaxing day!!! Did house chores and then our gardening friends came, so the afternoon was spent building bean trellises and putting them up. It may not sound like a lot of work, but I'm pooped!! They are busy cooking us a korean dinner now, so that's something to look forward to!

The other gals must be very busy this weekend! Haven't heard much.....

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.