June 08 Rotation Checkin Wednesday 11th

bitmover

Cathlete
Good morning everyone!

Chris, your outing with the kindergartners sounds like fun! How was it? My younger son is finishing up kindergarten (for the second time!) tomorrow! I'm sad to see the year end -- it's been such a good year for both my kids -- having Dylan repeat was definitely the right thing to do (after we struggled so much with the decision).

B&G done for me! I think I tightened the band tighter than usual today (well, I know I did), and I could barely do the floor work! I did tack on the bonus leg work (6 minutes only and I skipped the second set of leg presses after all that leg press mania I did earlier this week!). B&G is such a great workout.

Have a great day everyone!

-Beth

Chris, that sounds like such a fun trip for the kindergartners. The parents will probably actually enjoy it too! Hope you were able to get B&G in.

Beth, great job on B&G! I think skipping the second set of leg presses is just fine! ;-)

I got a little crazy this morning. I did the scheduled CTX upper body but I don't feel like I've been working my legs very much. So, I added on Tracey's Glute Camp. I didn't want to do a Cathe leg workout, since they're coming up on the rotation. And for some strange reason I was remembering Glute Camp as being easier than it actually was! NOT!! It was tough, but it feels good to have it done. I might do a 30 minute itread during my lunch break.

Vilma, can't wait for your report on graduation! And, hopefully, some pictures. hint, hint. ;-)

Have a great day all!!

Hi Beth! Joanne!

And everyone who follows...

What a night, what a morning... We had a wicked thunderstorm last night, and ended up without power all night. My husband went to work for 11p, so I was home alone with the boys (and the cats). It sucked. I hardly slept. I was like a scared kid!! (Plus I had to get up for Zach's blood sugar checks, and the cats were crawling all around my bed too. They knew something was weird.)

Anyhow, school ended up being CANCELED!! ALL DAY! I guess there were tons of trees down, and the power was out everywhere. I'm sooooo bummed! No field trip out to lunch!! I hope they re-schedule! Not sure who's more disappointed, me or Jake! Plus , my 12 year old son is supposed to have his band concert tonight, and I'm wondering if they will?

Beth... I know, I'm sad about it being the end of Kindergarten for my son too. It was tough enough sending him to school all day last year. And now he's not going to be a KINDERGARTENER any more. :-( You know, I held my first son back in preschool because I didn't think he was ready for K. And then they changed the age requirements, and my other 2 had that one extra year of PS too. ANd they ALL needed it! (boys, I think!)

So anyhow...

I did B&G (minus the Gutts). It was very hard. I'm so tired, and cranky, and the boys are home. I usually kind of enjoy all the different leg work, but it was a struggle for me. I did the entire thing though,( but no bonus... were we supposed to do a bonus?? ACK!!)

The stretch, as always, was heaven..

I'm done. I"m ready for bed! LOL!...

Joanne... Glute camp sounds ...scary! Sounds like you got yourself a good WO, PLUS CTX upper body? You're going to be a sore girl tomorrow!! }(

Off to get the boys some lunch...

~Chris

Chris: We had a bad storm last night too. It started in the middle of Chris' game. We have to make that up tonight. Sounds like the storm hit you harder though. No power outages here or downed trees. Sorry to hear that your day was cancelled. My kids get dissapointed when activities get cancelled..I LOVE stretches too. I have been doing extra this week with the kids. They are SOOOOO unflexible. I am trying to get them to work on it some. They can barely touch their toes!!

Joanne: Never tried Glute Camp. But, it sure sounds tough! Never tried itread either. Is that a program for the treadmill?

Beth: They grow up so fast. Don't they? I still can't believe that my baby is going into 3rd grade...:( B&G is a tough leg workout. I struggle with that one too sometimes!!

Checking in today with a short run with Lauren and Amy's stretch workout #1 off Abs & stretch. Then I got pyramid upper body done..Great workout today. The scale is still making me mad. It is still up and I have been good!! I am trying not to let it get me down. I am coming up on TOM and I am hoping that is the reason or maybe I ate something with alot of sodium. Can't recall!! Anyway, just waiting today for my mom and dad to get here. I haven't seen them in about a year and a half.

Have a great afternoon..Check back later!!

Kathy, ignore the scale!!! Just keep on doing what you're doing!

I hope the weather gets better for both you and Chris -- Chris, so disappointing about the cancellation. I loved reading your post though, sorry to say, but it just sounded like me. I hope you do get some rest today and that things settle down and get back to normal. It's so tough when you have a sleepless night!

We've not had any storms here, but high winds, and the power went out briefly and we had to drive underneath a down telephone line yesterday. Thank goodness my DH was with me because I would have been afraid to have gone under it, but he knew it was just phone.

Joanne, sounds like you had a killer workout -- good for you!!

hi-ho, hi-ho, off to work for me.....

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.