June 08 Rotation Checkin Tuesday 10th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!!

Hope everyone is ready for a new day..I am a little sore in the legs and shoulders from yesterday. My biceps and triceps are ok. I must not have pushed as hard..

Today I got up and the kids and I went for a walk with the dog. Later, I am going to do some light weight work with Lauren. My workout today is step jam..

Be back later...

It is hot again..

Good morning all!

I am good and sore today. I woke up in the middle of the night to a HUGE electrical storm, and I couldn't figure out why my arms were so heavy. A good heavy, though. Today is SB.

Kathy, after our rain last night, we have cooled off considerably. I hope there is some relief in sight for you! Enjoy your WO.

Hello to everyone else and have a Terrific Tuesday!

Becca: I hope so too..I just notice your ticker tape at the bottom of your post. Congrats on your weight loss. You are so close to your goal. I bet you are excited about that. I used to be closer and then I put a little weight on again. But, I am working hard at it again!! It is so hard when you get close..My body resists me..

Hello to everyone else..

Off to workout now!!

Kathy, thank you! I was just telling my sister how I am now back to my starting point. May was a rough month for me weight wise and I gained some back (of course that didn't go on my ticker;) ) but it is all gone now and I am ready to work off those last stinkin' four pounds. Good luck at getting the rest of yours off. It does seem to get a lot harder as you get closer to your goal.

Hi! I did step blast this morning -- I felt like such a klutz! I couldn't do the last part with the walks and turns right -- kept ending up in the wrong place. That was the part that took me longest to learn, and I guess I haven't done SB in a while, and oh well! It was still a good workout! I liked the abs section from 4DS she had us do as well!

Becca, that is great -- four pounds!! Good for you.

I overslept a bit this morning -- at least not so much that I couldn't workout, but I've got to run....

-Beth

Hi Girls!!

Finished up a little bit ago with SB too. I think I must have done this one not too long ago, because it was VERY familiar to me. And yes, Beth! I usually end up facing the wrong way on that move too!! Today I did it though!... It's very hot and humid here STILL. Day # 4. Today is supposed to be the worst yet. Even with the Central AC, I can still feel the humidity or something inside, and workouts are harder, aren't they? SB was tough for me today!

Yes, Becca! I'm feeling ME Upper Body today too. It my upper back mostly! WOO HOO!!!

Yesterday I wore a tank top and was like, "Yeah, my upper body isn't looking too bad in sleeveless!!" Makes up for my lower body/backs of my thighs! LOL!

Fed Ex delivered my fixed laptop at the end of my abs! So hopefully hubby will set it up within a day or two. I miss it!!

Kathy.. take care being outside in this hot weather!

can't wait to hear from Vilma how everything is going...

Keep cool!

~Chris

Hi everyone!

Kathy, how is Step Jam? I actually don't think I have that one! Our weather has finally cooled off a bit after our big storms this weekend. It's only supposed to be about 80 today.

Becca, have fun with Step Blast! Congrats on your weight loss! The last few pounds are always so tough. I gained some over the winter and now finally think I am motivated to get rid of them!! I started tracking my food and exercise on thedailyplate.com and it makes so much difference for me.

Beth, it took me the longest time to get that last combo in Step Blast.

Well, I did Strike Zone this morning in place of the KPC/L&G premix. I really did like it, but I think it had so much build up that I was a tiny bit dissapointed in it. Kind of like when you hear for weeks that a movie is just the best thing ever and you go see it and you enjoy it but think it wasn't the best movie you've ever seen? Does that make sense?? I did like it though and will do it again. But I felt like I needed to do some leg work since I didn't do the L&G part. But the kids started waking up, so maybe I'll get some in tomorrow. I have to check the rotation to see what's up for tomorrow.

Have a great day all!!

Joanne

Yes, Chris, the workouts are so much harder in the heat!!

Joanne, on SZ -- do you think you would consider it a cardio workout, or what? I know what you mean about the buildup -- hopefully I won't feel that way. :)

I'm having a really tough time focusing on work today, but I've got to get back to it!

-Beth

Chris, I think Step Blast was in one of Cathe's recent rotations. I remember when I first did it I was so lost, mentally and physically! It's much better now that I've probably done it 20 times! Isn't it great to see some results?! I'm sure your lower body and thighs are shaping up, too, everyone is harder on themselves!!

Beth, SZ is hard to classify. It's probably more of cardio than anything, but with more toning benefits than just step or hi/lo, since there's lots of kicks and punches. If you really put your all into them I could see getting some toning from it. Next time I do it I might wear my HRM to see how many calories I burn. I think it would also improve balance and coordination. Let me know if you can do the spider webs when you try it. I got all tangled up and fell over. It wasn't pretty!! The workout really did go by fast, though, and there's lots of variety.

HI again ladies!!

Checking back in with Step Jam complete. I am not sure if I ever did this workout. It seemed new to me. I may have done it once a while ago. Not sure..

Joanne: I enjoyed step jam. It is on the classics volume 1 DVD I think..Not many of those old ones are on my favorites list. But, I liked this one. I did it on an 8" step and was pooped out at the end. We are still home 96 outside at the moment. We are staying in this afternoon. Chris has a baseball game tonight and I don't want him to be tired from the sun. Tomorrow we will go to the pool..

Chris: I agree on that humidity stuff. Workouts are always so much tougher when it is extremely hot outside. I was sweating like mad today..Cool got that laptop back!! Hope hubby gets it up for ya. That is usually my job at our house. I have set up alot of our electronics...

Beth: I do that alot on tricky steps. Especially if I haven't done the workout in a while..

Becca: Thanks..I keep saying I am going to eat clean and then bam something comes up and blows it. I am really trying now though. Yesterday and today I have been eating pretty clean..So, maybe!!

Ok, now I have some chores to do. My parents are coming in tomorrow for a visit. Hope everyone enjoys their day!!

Hi again,

Thought I'd check in for the evening..

Kathy.. I'm glad you liked Step Jam. Sometimes I trick myself into thinking that maybe some of Cathe's older workouts are easier, but they are FAR from that!! (e.g. MIC, MIS, Orignial Bodymax, Interval Max, etc). I've been wanting to get the other compilation of her older step, not the classics, but the other one.... the name escapes me! I will probably get it with my GC from Amazon.com...

Wow..everyone's parents coming to visit lately! How fun! I love family visits!

I'm going to have to do some sneaky scheduling to get my workout in tomorrow... I'm accompanying my 6 year old son and his Kindergarten class to a (nice) restaurant for a tour and then to have lunch!! (one of the kid's family in his class owns the restaurant!)... That's going to take a good part of the morning/afternoon up. So I'm going to have to start as early as I can with Butts & Guts (Butts only portion)....

It's funny how it makes me a bit anxious about how tight the time is going to run..and how i *have* to get that workout in!!!

~Chris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.