June 08 rotation checkin Saturday 14th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!!!!

Just checking in to get us started. We had a great evening last night. Chris played his baseball game and his team won. Monday he plays in the semifinals. If his team wins, they win the tournament. It is exciting.

Not sure what today's workout will be...Cardio Kicks is on the schedule. But, I skipped what was scheduled yesterday to make up for while I was gone. That was 30 minutes of your favorite cardio. So, I may do another DVD instead depending on what's going on with my parents who are visiting..

How is everyone else doing today????

Talk to you later!!

Hey ya Kathy!

Congrats to your son on a great game and win!!! That has got to be so exciting!! And your parents are there to? That's so much fun!!

Oh gosh, I hear ya on "Cardio Kicks"... I just can't get into that one. I'm really regretting buying that CD, though I've yet to do "Cardio & Weights". I would go with another cardio kickbox (you dn't have Turbo Jam, do you?).

I pushed myself into doing Step Jump & Pump. I say "push" because I have groggy headache this morning. Ugh. But I enjoyed the workout, it made me feel better (while I was doing it anyhow...). For some reason I even almost LIKED the Hi/Lo part! I'd forgotten it's done "circuit" style, instead of all straight Hi/Lo. I like the music too ("everybody was kung fu fighting....."). I know, I'm goofy.

This weekend hubby is home, so no pressure on a sitter. I get to concentrate on me , work and sleep. :eek:)

I HAVE to eat clean though, if I want to see results. I messed up last weekend big time, and so, I maintained. I really want to LOSE a few pounds!!! I know what I have to do!!

Hi to everyone who follows, and hope you have a good weekend...

Joanne, enjoy your weekend away!...

Was someone else going away?

Beth?

Okay, off for a snack and a shower...

~Chris

Hey Everyone! Great excitement on the baseball, Kathy -- how fun!!!

Chris, I was with you on SJP. I woke up and the power was out, and so I thought I'll skip SJP and run instead. But, then I decided to go back to sleep for a while! :) I was feeling so so tired. Figured I'd trade in on tomorrow's rest day. A few hours later the power came back on and I was awake and ready to work out, so I did SJP. I actually had fun! I like the music a lot! I remember someone complaining about it, but I like it. I haven't done that workout in a very long time -- since it was new and I was new to Cathe, and I remember barely getting through it and feeling like it was torture for me. Perhaps that's why I haven't pulled it out much! Anyway, today I had no problems getting through it -- so fun to be able to see that progress. I'm so happy I decided to do this rotation because I'm doing a lot of things (premixes) that I just wouldn't pick to do myself.

Ok, but now I realize I am afraid to go running. I haven't been running in at least a couple of weeks, and even though I have the brand new never used cc 8, I'm afraid to try it! So, if anyone has tips for me -- or maybe I should just go back and read about how much you've enjoyed your runs.

On the eating clean front -- I know what you mean -- I go in waves, too. I was doing so well last week and then I don't know what happened. Chris, I'll think about how well you're doing, and you think about how well I'm doing, and maybe we can keep each other on track from a distance.

I'm not going anywhere until July. Still here with MIL. She leaves Tuesday and we have to get her up at 2:30am for her flight -- going to be very interesting!

-Beth

Hey Beth!

That's too funny about SJP. I also felt like it wasn't quite as hard as I'd remembered it to be. I thought the Hi/Lo was a LOT harder. Well, actually, I still am uncoordinated as all get go bringing your knee up over and back again. And then the arm "clock" thing! Geesh! I feel like an idiot. BUT.. I got into the music too and just 'went with it'.

On the running thing... That was ME too, yesterday! the last run I remember (2 weeks ago?), I struggled. I never got "into" it, so that's the memory I was left with. Plus I felt it would be tougher because I hadn't run in a while.. I didn't really WANT to run yesterday. I was dreading it a little even. But dreading it LESS than the 4 DS Kickbox/BC combo! So i did it, and LOVED it!

So my advice to you is: JUST DO IT!

Okay.. so far so good on the eating , I'll think good thoughts for you too, Beth. And we'll report back to each other tomorrow, ok??

Chris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.