June 08 Check in Thursday 5th

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Today is a HOT Sweltering Day!

Weather reports say we are in a heatwave and heat index is going to go past 100 degrees. Whew!

PUB & CCV8 for me today, I probably won't get it done until sometime this afternoon.

I was up to get my run in w/ Coach Sean at 4 am but my grumpy ol' bear started complaining that I don't spend enough 'time' with him so I had to be the good wifey put 'my' time aside x( and take care of him.

My lil one has awards day this morning at her school plus a class picnic so goodness knows when I'll be able to get my workout in today ;(

One thing is for sure is that I'll keep the ac on to keep the house as cool as possible so hopefully it won't be too hot to get my time in ---OY! x(

Stay Cool and Have a great Day All!

Good morning! I did l & g -- leg press mania, and I know I did not work as hard as you ladies who did the pyramids + floor work yesterday. Oh well, I do like l & g.

It's going to be warm here today too, but not like that, Vilma! Ech! I would have a really tough time working out in that heat. Thank goodness for a/c and indoor workouts!

Do you ever feel guilty for taking the me time to workout? I was thinking about this subject last night, wondering if I could do it with MIL & her helper here. I hate that I feel that way about it sometimes, but I do.

have a great day!

-Beth

Hi Everyone!

Just finished PUB. Gosh, that plank and pike work at the end sure is like a hitting a guy when she's down!! My arms are trembling holding up for that long! (by the way,... I don't do ALL pikes, I do some and then some pull-ins to substitute).

Yeah, that heat is supposed to come to us tomorrow, Vilma! and last through early next week. I'm looking forward to it in a way. I'm tired of having goosebumps! But then, I'll probably be bitchin when is kicks in and doesn't go away!

Oh MY, Beth... Leg Press Mania? That scares me! Leg presses are TOUGH and not only I feel them in my lower body, but it also gets my HR way up there! Mania??? Don't underestimate yourself on working the same as PLB and B&G floor! I do like L&G too!

I'm totally addicted to working out. I start to get cranky if my schedule is cramped and it looks like I'll have to sneak it in, or can't get to it. Do I feel guilty? Sometimes. Because I could be getting a bunch of other stuff done, or spend more time with my boys if they're home . And then I realize, I'm really doing a good thing, showing them how important it is to work out and take care of your body. My boys all do some weight lifting. Not major, but they do a little.

Hope you guys enjoy your time with your families!! Though it's busy, it's great getting to visit and spend time with them.

~Chris

We're supposed to be getting that heat too! We don't have central air, so I have to wait for hubby to decide it's hot enough to put in the window units. Not fun! We do have A/C in our bedroom already installed, so at least I know I'll be able to sleep.

Vilma, yea, my DH gets a bit cranky if he feels I'm not paying enough attention to him. I hope you can get in your workouts today. I sometimes feel resentful that I have to get up so early to workout. I could try to fit it in after work, but I'm too exhausted and also I'd feel guilty for taking away from family time. But, I'm doing it as much for myself as for my family. If I stay active and healthy, I'll be better able to keep up with everyone and I'll be around a lot longer, right?!

Beth, I've never done leg press mania, but like Chris said, don't underestimate yourself! The title alone sounds scary. What's in the premix? Besides leg presses, of course! I wouldn't feel guilty taking some time to workout when your MIL is there. Hopefully she'll be understanding that you still need some time for yourself.

Chris, I'll be doing PUB tomorrow. Last time I only did a premix, not the whole workout. Tomorrow I'll tackle all of it. Yea, those pikes are tough. I'm always afraid I'll fall off the ball and hurt myself. I get cranky too if I don't get my workout in. It's like if I have my time to myself in the morning and know I've done something for myself, I'm much happy to take care of everyone else the rest of the day because I know I've done something for myself, if that makes sense?

Today I did the dreaded PLB and L&G floorwork. Not only was I cursing Cathe, but fitness freak for coming up with that combination. ;) Just kidding, kind of!! It was tough, but it's done. I'm going to go off the rotation for a couple days since I'm doing a 5K on Sunday. Tomorrow I'll do PUB and a run on the treadmill and rest Saturday, then the run.

Have a great day all!!

Joanne

UGH! Would you guys believe I'm just getting home now?!

It's a few minutes to 3pm and soon my older kids will be home, of course I had to take care of everyone else and here I woke up at 4 am to get my workouts in and I haven't done it yet.

Talk about being crabby! I don't feel guilty over my 'me' time because I give so much of myself to my family as it is and all I ask is that they respect 'my' time to get my workout in.

Of course hubby is happy as a clam and sleeping since he has to get up at 8pm to go to work x(

Once I cool off from being hot; Gawd its so hot out that even breathing is a bit heavy.

Can you guys tell I'm a bit peeved that I have not worked out yet? A sweaty mom with DOMS is a happy mom here :p LMAO ayup I am but I will do PUB when the sun goes down and move my CCV8 over to Sunday before I hit the road towards the airport.

My workout area is on the side of the house that gets that southern sky so even with the ac that area is hot.

OY VEY!!!

I'll figure something out but I am determined to get PUB in and maybe even some cardio tonight.

Sorry my post has turned into a rant :/

Thanks everyone for chiming in on the guilt thing. I don't feel guilty when it's just my immediate family, because I do it while they're still asleep! But somehow, with visitors in the house, and with them being on an east coast schedule and in a strange house and all, well, it feels strange to me. But yes, like anyone who is used to working out, I get cranky if I don't get to do it!

Joanne, have fun with the 5k this weekend!

Oh, on the leg blast premix -- I'm not sure if she cut anything out, or just added in a couple of more sets of the leg presses. It's maybe 5 minutes longer than the original, and I think the leg presses are repeated just twice, so theoretically, it could be the whole workout plus leg presses. They do get the heart rate up -- actually -- she put a bunch of stuff in l & g that gets the heart rate up -- maybe that's why I like it so much. Or, maybe it's just because it's cathe. :)

Hope you finally had a happy workout, Vilma!

-Beth

Vilma, you're probably tackling PUB right now! Don't worry, those endorphins from CCV8 will make you feel great! At least, that's what I've been reading about it ;-) Are you going on vacation? You probably said already, but I must have missed it. If so, have fun!

Beth, do you run at all? Or bike? Maybe you could take some nice long walks while your MIL is here? Something out of the house so it doesn't disturb your guests? Did you say your MIL had Parkinsons? My dad does, too, so I know that's tough.

Joanne

Hi everyone,
I've been taking a break from the computer for a few days. I haven't missed my workouts though! I've also been thinking. I really appreciate everyone being so accepting but since this check-in really is for those doing the rotations, I think I'm going to head over to the daily check-in. I don't think that one has any special rotation, workout or eating plan that anyone is following. I guess I'll find out when I get there. Keep up the good work with the rotations everyone. Maybe some day I'll have enough of the videos to actually follow a rotation and then I'll be back. Take care.
Aimee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.