Jogglers October!!!

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Good Morning Jogglers!!!

I intended to start with a joggle but it will be Athletic Step mid morning. I will spend the afternoon at the Sacramento Fall/Arts festival and I plan to stop at the co-op.

Happy Fall to everybody!!!!!

Alisha

Good morning, Alisha! That sounds like a great afternoon.

I am taking a rest day. Honor has a chorus concert tonight.

Hi Jogglers!

I think I'm either going to take a rest day or do Stretch Max this evening. I feel really tight.

Tricia ~ That Tabata workout was tough. Tabata push ups are the WORST!! I was really struggling on those and the swings.

I am looking forward to getting the 11 miles under my belt.

Cindi ~ Enjoy your rest day and Honor's concert.

Alisha ~ Sounds like you have a fun day planned.

Hi Lisa ~ Have a great Friday!

Good morning, Alisha! That sounds like a great afternoon.

I am taking a rest day. Honor has a chorus concert tonight.

Oooh!! I loved choir when I was in HS. I sang in church, in women's chorus and mixed chorus. I did either alto or second soprano (cause I could hear not because I didn't have the range.)

Evening Ladies!

I feel good! I did the cardio portion of CTX 10-10-10 and didn't have any issues with my back or neck! Yippee!

Alisha - Yay! Athletic Step! The arts festival sounds like loads of fun! Our Scituate Arts Festival is coming soon!

Cindi - Enjoy your rest day! I'm Honor will be great in the concert! Enjoy that too! Wish I could be there! I love music!

Jane - What did you end up doing today? You're going to be fine on your 11 mile run!

Hi Lisa! I hope doggie classes are going well!

Happy Caturday!

I went for a joggle this morning. It was gorgeous. Pink streaks and orange sunrise. I wished I had a camera. But then, I wouldn't be running.

Tricia- I am glad your neck is feeling better. CTX is great.

Hi Cindi, Lisa and Jane!!

Hi Jogglers,

This is the workout I did this morning. It was a gorgeous morning!!

5 Rounds
10 Ball Slams
5 Pull ups
10 Prisoner High Steps
5 Rounds
5 Mr. Spectacular
75 Jump Ropes
6 Rounds
10 Swings
10 Weighted Sit ups
10 Russian Twists
30 second Super Plank (aka Plank Walkup)

Tricia ~ I'm so happy you felt good during your workout. YIPPEE!!

Alisha ~ It sounds like you had a beautiful joggle!

Hi Lisa and Cindi!

Hi ladies,
Andy came up to visit me so we enjoyed having a litte time together. Last night I did Upper Body from Supersets and this morning I did Ellen Barrett's Slo-Robics because it was on FitTV and then the standing bandwork portion of High and Tight. I also moved all of my pet plants to the greenhouse for the winter. It only took a van and an SUV. Next, I'm going to take the dogs for a walk.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Lisa

Hello!

Alisha - What a beautiful run that must have been!

Jane - Great workout!

Lisa - I'm glad you had some quality time with Andy! Have a good doggle! Okay, maybe that doesn't work as well as joggle! lol! Glad you had a nice workout today, too! Moving all those plants must have felt like moving your household!

Well, DH and I went surfing again today! Wow! What waves and strong current! The aftermath of that storm that blew through! It was great! I made it up to my knees today! Woo-Hoo! We were supposed to go to the driving range to practice our swings, but DH wanted to find a new club and we ended up spending the rest of the day trying to find it! We ended up ordering it at Dick's. I'm totally exhausted! I rarely spend the whole day out like that! Supposedly, we're going running tomorrow morning - we'll see!

PT must really be doing me some good! My back and neck are almost back to normal!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend! DH has to meet a classmate to work on a project, so I'll have most of tomorrow to myself!

Hi Everyone!

I got up early this morning and ran 11 miles! It was about 55 degrees outside so the weather beautiful!! I felt really good and finished strong!

Tricia ~ You Rock!!! WTG on the surfing. It sounds like fun. I'm so glad your neck/back is back to normal.

Lisa ~ I'm glad you and Andy are able to enjoy some time together.

Hi Alisha and Cindi!

Hope everyone is having a great morning.

Lisa - Nice work on that 11 miler today! I function so much better in the cooler weather! We didn't go out until later this morning, around 10:30. It's a cloudy day, so it stayed nice and cool! Ahhhh, I love it!

Nice run, Jane! 11 miles sounds so wonderful to me. Strange but true! I miss the long runs.

Tricia - so glad you are feeling better!

Hi Lisa and Alisha!

Ran 3 miles with my walk breaks Saturday, chest and back yesterday, legs later today.

Hi ladies,
Yesterday I did BBL Scult plus the two bandword sections of High and Tight and Namaste yoga. Today I'm going to doggle.

Tricia - I wish I had run 11 miles :) Great job on the surfboarding! Moving plants was an adventure. I think I need fewer plants or a greenhouse bus.

Cindi - Glad you are getting some joggles in.

Alisha - Sounds like your joggle was beautiful.

Jane - Great job on your run.

Lisa

Hi Jogglers,

I am doing an upper body workout tonight which I will be making up.

Cindi ~ I am happy to hear that you got a run in on Saturday. I actually like longer runs too. I usually get into my groove around mile 4. 5Ks are very hard for me.

Lisa ~ Have fun on your doggle! It sounds like fun.

Hi Alisha!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Its my low intensity week. I'm going to do a Leslie Sansone disc later. Its ttotm and I'm tired. zzzzzz..... But, hey the temperature is down to reasonable highs of 72 deg. Of course, we do have thunder and lightening, but thats ok. :p

Tricia- Surfing is cool:cool:

Jane- I too am a bit envious of your distances, someday I will get up into the double digits and be like you!

Cindi- Good job on your run.

Lisa- The idea of 'pet plants' has comedic value in there somewhere, I'm imagining you teaching them tricks. "Doggle" is a :cool: new word. We should put together our own dictionary of made up words that communicate vivid action. I can completely see what a doggle would look like. Part waddle, part joggle, and all canine.

Alisha ~ The reason why I'm doing double digits runs is because I have a 1/2 marathon coming up on November 13. I do want to try and keep my long runs over 8 miles every week after the 1/2 though because I like racing at the longer distances.

I'm looking to do a 15K possibly in February and maybe another 1/2 in April.

I'm glad the weather is cooling off by you.

Last edited:
Lisa - Oops! Got you and Jane mixed up! I knew it would only be a matter of time before I did something stupid like that! LOL! Well, you should have felt like you had done 11 miles after all that plant hauling! Have fun doggling!

Cindi - Good for you! Glad you're able to keep getting some running in! Have fun doing legs!

Jane - Have a good upper body workout! That was a nice 11 miler! I'll be happy just to get back up to my 6.2! Jane - 15K, huh? That's what about 10 miles? That'll be easy peasy for you after that half!

Alisha - Enjoy your low intensity week!

I did GS Chest & Tris today with no problem this morning! Ah, had my PT tonight, too. Man, I love that deep tissue work she does on my neck and back! I must schedule a full deep tissue massage at some point. I may save if for when we get back from DC!

We have rain - again. :( Only one day of sunshine between last week and this week and that was on Saturday. I don't think we see the sun again until Friday or Saturday. Sheesh.

Have a great night everyone and I hope you all had a good Monday! I'll catch up with you tomorrow!

Hi ladies!

How was the doggle, Lisa?

Jane - we have a 15K in November here. The Hot Chocolate run. All chocolate at the post race event. I want to do that run, but I won't be up to 15K by then. Hopefully next year.

Tricia - 15K is 9.3 miles. :) Sorry you have so much rain. Sunshine and cool here - come visit!

I'm getting bored with Meso 3 after almost 2 weeks. I think I'm going to try something different after this week.

Honor had tennis yesterday so I took the boys with me to the health club. They rode the bikes while I did my leg work, then we did core together and I added on some pullups and pushups for them, then we ran the track for about 20 minutes. Fun to work out together.

Spin class tonight.

Cindi- Your Honor does the coolest :cool: stuff.

I might do something today. I just don't know what. Maybe more Leslie Sansone and bake some oatmeal cookies. oatmeal raisin coconut pear cookies.

with white chocolate chips.

nummy. oh dear. I better stay outta the kitchen:D

Hi ladies,
We did a 3-mile doggle with totally random intervals (ie., let's run, now I'm tired or there is something interesting to sniff or someone has to pee or Pip Squeak has a leash wedgie so we'll stop and walk, okay let's run again...). I did AOS Providence this morning.

Alisha - I've tried to teach the pet plants tricks but I'll tell you, they are really hard to motivate. I have yet to find anything that they will work for ;)

Cindi - The hot chocolate run sounds like fun!

Tricia - He he! That's okay. I hate to think how many times I've done that already. It was a compliment that you thought it could have been me :)

Jane - Which 1/2 marathon are you training for?

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.