Jogglers October!!! 2011

RapidBreath

Cathlete
No WAY!! Its not Oct! yes, way, it is.

I did not get as many workouts in Sept as I had planned on. I'm going to work on being more focused, setting my alarm, keeping my laundry washed, and getting my butt in shape. I hope that our new series is mailed by the end of the week. This week I will be doing 4DS as produced and yoga. Today is Shiva Rae. I'm a little tired, pms:eek:

Catch you gals later!

Alisha

Welcome October!

Here is my workout from Saturday:

3 Rounds - 10 reps of the following:
Chest Fly
Back Row
Military Press
Side Lateral Raise
Bicep Curls
Hammer Curls
Lying Tricep Extensions
Then - Max Rounds in 10 minutes of the following:
10 kettlebell swings
5 Double Kettlebell clean/squat/press
Then
20 Jumping Pull ups
20 Weighted Sit ups
100 Jumping Jacks

Today was a 12.2 mile run. It was hard but for some reason I chose a hilly course. Next week I will run it on a more flatter course.

I don't know where the year has gone.

Alisha - Hope you got some reason.

Hi Tricia!

I'm doing 4DS LIS cardio only then 25 min. of yoga. I will do the strength training later in the day.

Jane- That looks like a great workout!

Tricia-Hi!

Alisha

Hi Chicklets!

Here's my workout for tonight. It's a beautiful day!! I will concentrate on upper body this evening.

4 Rounds
12 Swings
12 Sumo Deadlift High Pull
12 Push Press
12 Push Ups
12 DB Curl to Shoulder Press
12 Squat Thrusts
12 Ball Slams

When doing my weight workout on Saturday, I noticed that my left arm was really, really week then I noticed that I was using a 20# weight for my left arm and 15# for my right arm. Oops!! :D

Alisha ~ Enjoy your workout. How is the smoke situation?

Hi Tricia!

Sorry ladies!

How did that many days get by me and the whole month of September??? Good grief! I've done absolutely nothing. No workouts. I'll eat well all day until dinner and even if I eat well, then I junk out on . . . junk. Ugh. Don't know what I'm waiting for. Maybe to gain all my weight back and start over? I don't know. I'm very frustrated with myself!

I actually met another Cathlete here in RI! Finally! Unfortunately, our schedules don't fall in a similar pattern, so I can't pick up a partner to workout with to get me back on track. I'm going to have figure this out on my own and I hope it doesn't take much longer! I'm sick of myself!

Stephen is staying with another PhD student in CT tonight. They're going to some finance film geeky thing tonight and tomorrow is his early day, so a friend offered him a place to spend the night. Going to get up in the morning and FORCE myself up to do a workout.

I think this is why I haven't been here much. I keep whining and having no workouts to share. Sorry gals. Every time I think I've got it figured out, I don't. Can't one of you move up here and kick my butt on a daily basis for me? Just for a little while? ;)

Ugh. I hate myself right now.

On a good note, I did talk myself out of Chinese food tonight and I grilled turkey burgers (no buns) with caramelized onions and sweet potato fries for dinner. That's something, I guess.

Have a great night! Hope I have good news to report tomorrow!

I took today as a rest day. Tomorrow will be some yoga. I spent the day at an Excel class. It was interesting because the instructor had 4 concussions in his high school days playing football so he uses tricks to help him remember things. He said that if you are an auditory learner that you had to actually say something before you would really learn it, rather than just listening to a lecture. I know that I'm very auditory but I had not known about basically running through your lines in order to remember them. I think that was more useful than learning how to make a macro.:p

Tricia-I think you need to check out IOWL. Its time for some inside out weight loss. Not that I think you need to lose an ounce, but you seem to be struggling with your workouts and your diet. Food and Cathe should not be a source of stress, these things are here to help support you in whatever you do, not to cause grief. So, go check out Inside Out Weight Loss, the podcast is free, the ones that help most are episodes 1-18. They are the perfect length to fall to sleep listening to or doing a couch to 5k style workout.

Buck up, triumph over Chinese food is cause for celebration!! Why is it that I can do so much damage in the 7 minutes it takes to eat dinner and it seems to take 7 weeks to take it off??

Jane- The smoke has cleared. Its supposed to rain. I love rain!! I hope your arm is ok. My chiro used to test both sides of my body to determine how well my therapy was going (age 11 I was in a car accident, head first into the dash board.) Have you ever tried sleeping without a pillow? I know that sounds weird, but it seems to help reset my neck.

Good Morning,

I took a rest day yesterday.

Tonight it's my 400 rep leg day!!! :confused: I hate doing legs but they are my worst feature but I am noticing a difference. My sister has been doing weighted squats with a 40# barbell for longer than me and I have noticed that her backside looks thinner so it does work. Also...I had problems with my hips and now I have no hip pain at all. So...I will work it tonight.

Alisha ~ My arm is ok...it just was funny because I was using 2 different weights. I can't sleep without a pillow. I'm glad the smoke has cleared and you are getting some rain.

Tricia ~ I wish we lived closer because then you could come over every day and workout with me and my sisters. Even without my sisters I would still workout though. I've been doing it for 12 years so it's a habit for me...like taking a shower every day or brushing my teeth. My head is geared towards working out.

I don't have any tips to help you out. I think it's a mindset thing and you also have to find the key that will motivate you to stick with it. My motivation in the beginning was to be healthy and not like my parents (especially mom) since she has always been overweight. Now 12 years later I would say my motivation is the same. My mom has fought cancer and beat it but it would have been easier for her if she was in better shape. In fact she may have not even gotten cancer if she was not overweight. She was in the 75% risk factor for her type of cancer. Stress took care of the rest. I don't have anyone to take care of me so I have to be strong and fit for my golden years. I'm going to have to carry stuff, walk up stairs, get on and off the toilet, and take care of myself. So...that is my motivation. The other is to see how far I can push myself as I get older. So find your motivation and that will be the key.

Have a great day!!

Hi ladies!

Alisha - Sounds like a good instructor for your Excel class! Enjoy yoga tomorrow! Thanks for the tip. I was listening to her podcast for a while. I'll go back to 1-18.

Jane - Nothing like working with offset weights! Now there's an idea for a new program! lol I wish we lived closer too! I know with a partner I could stay on track when I'm having such a hard time because I would be obligated to someone. I'm journaling by hand now hoping to get some insight. I know it's something I have to work through on my own. Once I do, I'll be fine again! It's just getting there.

My new project starts next Monday. Maybe I'll be able to coordinate my workout motivation with my new eating challenge. We shall see.

I appreciate the support and that you don't chastise me for my laziness! Real Friends!

Keep up the great work you two! I'm hoping to be there again someday soon!

Tricia- We would never put you down, we are your true friends, I know that in real life you have friends too, but Catheletes are a special breed, we understand both the importance of workouts but also just how hard it can be to get up and do them. Do you have some solar spectrum light bulbs (easily purchased at Lowe's) to prevent any SAD symptoms? I turn mine on during my indoor workouts and get double dose of happy.

How about a whole week of yoga every day? I know its not the same as cardio, but the yoga can help get into our heads and work out any kinks that may be hiding and blocking us. Its less intense or scary than real pyschotherapy, which I'm not so sure works so well anyway.:p

Don't forget to schedule some fun time too. So, you might try saying to yourself, I'm only going to do 3 workouts this week and every other night I'm going to allow myself to rest. I like hot baths with the Dresdner lavender salts and epsom salts. Its smells nice and is organic. Soak for 20 minutes before rest time. Its just as restore-ative as a workout but not as intense as Cathe;)

Jane- 400 reps! omg! There are days when I can barely do 40!!

I'm probably going to do a Leslie Sansone DVD or some Hula dancing mid morning. I'm not up to 4DS style jumping this morning, ttotm:eek:.

This morning I'm going to study for my LSAT (which I have been procrastinating!) then 11 am workout, I will spend the afternoon on Lynda.com studying software programming.

Alisha

Hi Alisha!

I know I can always count on you and Jane and my Strong & Lean ladies! Real friends? What are those? :eek:

Hmm, every time I try yoga, I quit after 1 maybe 2 sessions. You should see my bathtub! lol It's full of large containers of electronic equipment and cords! lol Obviously, I never use it! I may try just doing some meditation. I am journaling to see if I can get some insight that way.

I did do Bootcamp tonight! Yay! That one is fun! Stephen still isn't home tonight. He had to meet with a professor at Bryant on that project they've been working for 2 years now. When I know he won't be home for a while, I always can get my workouts done. Not sure when we'll be home and I haven't even thought about dinner!

Can I just not eat? Time to feed the pets, then I'll figure out what to have for dinner.

Can't wait for my raw challenge next week! She lays out a 4 week plan for you so you aren't guessing. It set you up to know how and what to prepare and you only prep food 2x a week. After that, it's just a matter of throwing sauce on your veggie "noodles" or layering your pate on a lettuce leaf, roll and eat or slice and eat. Quick and easy! I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also a little reluctant. I"m afraid I won't like how anything tastes!

Wish me luck!

Hi Jane!

Here's my workout from tonight. It was a good one.
10 swings
200m run
10 push ups/10 swings
200m run
10 push press/10 push ups/10 swings
200m run
10 ball slams/10 push press/10 push ups/10 swings
200m run
10 ball slams/10 push press/10 push ups/10 swings
200m run
10 push press/10 push ups/10 swings
200m run
10 push ups/10 swings
200m run
10 swings
ABS - 3 Rounds
25 Russian Twist
25 Weighted Sit ups

I am off work tomorrow. The laid off one the engineering assistant yesterday afternoon. They really did it in a horrible way. We are 2 months behind on the rent too. I'm glad I won't be there tomorrow.

Tricia ~ We are here for you, always!!! I LOVE Boot Camp. Did I ever tell you that a made up a kettlebell boot camp workout using Cathe's formula. I will send it to you. It is really, really hard!!!

Alisha ~ I hope you had a good day studying. Have a great night!

Jane-The studying was good. I hope your place of employment stops being such dummies and just pays you. Good workout!

Tricia- There is a possibility that you stop yoga after a couple of days because it is working. Sometimes we feel the urge to stop just before our activity works because it makes us a little uncomfortable, is like doms for the spirit;). Normally I wouldn't suggest this to just anyone, but sense its you, I like Ariel's Druidic Craft of the Wise Meditations, they are a free podcast download, I hope you don't think I'm too weird. :eek::eek: I think you need the one called 'Resolving Inner Conflict." You just need about 25 minutes. Its a guided meditation so its not as boring as a completely blank mind or chant style meditation. Btw, I don't believe everything Ariel has to say, but I do find a lot of peace in the meditations before bedtime. I have had some very hard things to overcome in my life and it helps soothe me when I'm feeling rubbed raw on the inside, especially about stuff that makes no sense or is left over from 30 years ago.

I did 3 miles with Leslie yesterday and today was Hula Abs/Buns. I'm leaning towards Belly Dancing for tomorrow. I haven't done that in a while and it makes me feel so pretty:)

Evening ladies!

Alisha - Glad the studying went well! Thank you for the recommendation! Me? Think YOU'RE weird? Are you kidding? You're talking to/looking at the Queen of Weird here! It sounds great to me! I'll go download it after this post. Thank you! Wonder if I have time to charge my iPod before bed?

Enjoy belly dance! I should break my beginner belly dance DVD out! I've only done it once and I love it!

Jane - Oooh! I'll look forward to the KB Bootcamp workout! Thank you! I'm glad you're out tomorrow too! Sending you positive energy that you aren't next! Hate that when companies do layoffs, they are so crappy about it! It's just mean.

As soon as I come up with some money (translation: when Stephen starts working), the three of us need to plan a trip somewhere together! Just to meet up - make it someplace halfway so we can hang out, work out together and just have fun! I really want us to meet up some time!

You guys are great! I love you two like sisters!

Have a great night!

P.S. No workout tonight, but I do have Fit Club tomorrow and 40/20 is on the schedule, so I should be able to squeeze that in!

Good Morning!

Sorry I've been MIA. I had a busy weekend. I hung out with my most of the day on Friday. We were out and about for 6 hours, which is amazing for my mom. It's the first time in a while that she has been able to have the energy to go shopping for 6 hours. Yay!!

I came home with the intention of running on Friday night. We set off on our run and it started to drizzle. No worries but then there were a couple of big crashes of thunder and lightening and it started to downpour. We ran all the way home. It was a short run.

Saturday we did a weight workout, along with swing progessions, and ball slams, more swings, walking lunges, front kicks and renegade rows.

I was supposed to go on a 12 mile run yesterday but it was rainy, damp and windy so we postponed it. I did a jump rope/kettlebell workout instead. It was a good rest day from running. We have a couple more weeks until our 1/2 and we are already doing 12 miles so I feel good about that.

I'm not sure what we are doing today. It's rainy so it really depends on the weather tonight.

Tricia ~ I will find the bootcamp workout and email it to you. I would love to meet you guys. That would be fun!!

Alisha ~ Hope you had a great weekend. Belly dancing sounds like fun but I'm not sure I would be good at it.

It was nice to be away from work. At least we got paid on Friday. Yay! I'm glad I have a job and the pay is good but I would like some job security although I'm not sure that is possible in this work climate. Hopefully things will get better.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

What a fabulous weekend Jane! Glad you had some shopping time with your mom. I miss that with my mom. Mostly, it was window shopping, lunch and maybe a movie, but we always had fun! You had some great workouts over the weekend! I've been copying those into a folder for future reference along with the ones you send.

Glad you had a pay day on Friday. I know what you mean about job security. I don't think it exists for anyone anymore. It's sad and frightening to know your whole life can be turned upside down at the whim of your employer. Still sending you positive energy every day!

I have not worked out all weekend. Going to do 40/20 today and some ab work. Today starts my raw challenge and I'll be blogging it. I'll post the links here in case you two want to follow along!

Here's the link to my prelude: The Day Before « The Eclectic Beagle

Hope you like it!

Hi Alisha!

Tricia-That raw challenge sounds like fun! I bet you will lose a bunch of weight!

Jane-I'm so glad your Mom felt good enough to go shopping! I personally think that running is easier than jump rope, but maybe thats just me:eek:

I did 5 miles walk/jog this morning and then it promptly started to rain. I posted a request for prayers this morning for a friend that passed away on Thursday. I won't repost here, that would just be depressing. Instead, cause he was a fun loving kind of guy, I'm celebrating that I'm alive. I started with my joggle (indoors w/Leslie due to the stormy weather.) I'm enjoying a hot cup of Zen tea, green/spearmint, and I'm going to be studying on Lynda.com all day. I might bake a batch of banana nut bread I have lots of bananas in the freezer just waiting to be cooked.:D I plan to do some yoga this afternoon. Tomorrow will be Step Heat in the AM, Belly Dancing in the PM. I didn't feel like it on Sunday.

Alisha

I'm checking back in with my indoor workout. It's still raining. :(

150 Step ups w/med ball (75 each leg)
125 Swings
100 Bridges
100 BOSU alternating squats
50 Med Ball Chest Press (throwing med ball in the air and catching)
50 Kettlebell Presses (25 each side)

Tricia ~ Thanks for the positive energy. I've been saving money like crazy so if something should come up, I think I'll be ok for at least a little while. I'm not saying my job is secure but I'm the only admin in my office and I do support 2 regions. We have work just not competent on collections. I had someone from another region call and ask about to do collection. Seriously?

I will check out your blog. It sounds interesting.

Alisha ~ Sending you, your friend and your friend's family lots of {{{hugs}}} and prayers. You are doing the right thing in celebrating life. {{{HUGS}}}.

Evening ladies!

Alisha - Healing energy to you and your friends' family. Love that you are celebrating his life! Hope your workout was a good one today!

Jane - Sorry you're having so much rain! Glad you're able to get some indoor workouts done anyway! At least you're being smart about your job and saving for that rainy day. I hope it never comes though!

I had an excellent food day today. It's impossible to do badly with this raw diet. I did still have a glass of wine. Don't know if I'll ever give that part up! At least my eating will be great! lol

No workout today, but we had the day off for Columbus Day. I did food prep this afternoon and went out for new tights and shampoo. Laundry. Ugh. I was domestic - ick! I hate being domestic! lol I'm carrying my running gear to work tomorrow and running right after. Everyone's runs, Nan especially finishing that marathon this weekend, have inspired me to renew my running!

Have a great night! I'll be posting to my blog daily about this food challenge. Here were my eats for today just so you can see what it's like:

Mango Lassie Smoothie for breakfast and snack
Apple
Spinach salad
Date Nut Torte (picked at that off and on this afternoon and a little after dinner)
Fettucine made out of raw zucchini and summer squash with raw marinara sauce.
One glass of red wine.

Yesterday's workout was good. I did not get around to doing the banana bread. Maybe that will be today. I did a meditation last night instead of yoga. I am about to do Step Heat. This evening will be be belly dancing before bed.

Tomorrow will be a rest day.

Tricia- Thanks for the healing energy! I love that you are inspired to run again. Its a renewing activity. I think wine is raw if you don't cook off the heat! Your eats sound so tasty!

Jane- I'm sorry that its still raining. That looks like a great workout!

Alisha

Today is a rest day. I have to color my hair (ick...but it must be done).

It rained constantly until 10:30 last night. I think we got 4 - 5 inches of rain but we needed it. I'm just not used to all day clouds and rain.

Tricia ~ I'm glad your 1st day of eating raw was a success!! I hope you have a great run. Nan's run was inspiring but not inspiring enough to want to train and do a full marathon. It would take me at least 6 hours. I will stick with the 1/2 marathon which is totally doable and comfortable for me.

Alisha ~ Hope you have a great workout today!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.