Jogglers December!!!!

RapidBreath

Cathlete
I may do some step later in the day. My clothes are in the wash. I will just go see Twilight instead. First showing is just 5$.

My plan for this month is to stay focused on weight loss. Lots of cardio, lots of yoga, weighing my eats (food journal), and weighing myself= slimmer me!;)

Happy December everybody!

Alisha

Happy December 1st!

I can't believe it's December and we've had such a mild Fall! I hope our winter is just as cooperative!

Alisha - That's a great December plan!

Mine is just to get consistent with working out and, hopefully, find the joy in it again! I'll worry about my eats and issues once that gets back on track. I don't want to spread myself too thin! I did manage to do my workout today. My accountability partner made me feel guilty just by texting me her accomplishment today, so I HAD to do mine!

I have informed my husband that we ARE totally going vegan! Actually, after I showed him the report about Obama signing a bill allowing horses to be slaughtered for human consumption I asked him if he was ready to go vegan yet. He said okay. I'll be buying the 30 Days to Vegan book and get prepped for it. Come January 1st, we'll be on our way! I'll be working towards 100% raw and getting him fully vegan. I'm done with all this poison and horrible animal torture! Totally!

Anyway, Alisha, if you went to the movie, I hope you enjoyed it!

Jane - Hope your first day back at work wasn't totally horrific! I know how that can be!

Love you two! 24 days to Christmas!

Happy December!

Here's my workout:

4 Rounds - 1 minute work/30 seconds rest of:
Barfies (Squat Thrust to an upright row)
Alternating Double KB Presses
KB Squats
Jump Rope
H2H Swings
2 Driveway Runs after each round

Alisha ~ Let me know how you liked the movie. I'll probably see it but will wait and rent it through Netflix. I like your plan for December.

Tricia ~ Yay! I'm so glad you got your workout in. You are on your way. Vegan sounds like a good plan. Work wasn't too bad and it's almost Friday so it's all good!! I finally had to turn on the heat yesterday but it's going to be mild next week. I hope it stays this way for the rest of the winter.

Have a great evening!

Jane - Tough workout! I'm jealous that you are just turning your heat on! Ours has been on since the week we had snow in October! Of course, it didn't run hardly at all the last couple of weeks because it had been so mild, but we are seeing cooler temps this weekend and into next week. More seasonable. I am really hoping for a mild winter! I don't want any major snow dumps this winter! Ugh!

I managed to get Day 2 done tonight! Yay! Tomorrow is the biggie though. I usually quit after the second day. It's also the weekend, so I tend to be really lazy on Saturday and Sunday. I just have to do it!

Waiting for Stephen to get home. He had a long and busy day on the agenda today, so I hope he's on the road by now.

See you two tomorrow!

Tricia- They eat donkey in Italy. So. . . if it tastes like horse meat, it probably is;)

Jane- Awesome workout! The movie was pretty good, I liked the book better than the film. Some of it wouldn't make sense if you didn't know what was going on already. I'm looking forward to seeing part 2.

I am leaning towards doing slide n glide this afternoon. Yesterday I did 4DS double cardio step premix. I have two different star 12 classes next week so I'm shifting my workouts around so that I can get 5 of them and not miss any.
So, normally, tomorrow would be a rest day, but I will do either a step workout or a jog. It depends on how much laundry I get done today:D:p

Alisha

I forgot to check in yesterday. Since I'm doing Tricia's 27 days of exercise, I chose to do 25 swings and 15 push ups, every hour on the hour for the whole day. I ended up with 10 rounds and actually had fun. It was the only way I could fit in a workout.

Today was a 10K and then walked the 5K with my sister's co-worker. It was her first 5K. We ran a little bit the I didn't mind walking. It was a cold morning with frost but it warmed up nicely this afternoon.

Alisha ~ I'm glad you liked the movie. I'll see it when it hits Netflix. I read all the books so I should know what's going on.

Tricia ~ Great job on your workouts. This time of the year is when we save on the electric bill. The a/c is on 24/7 from April or May until September.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Hi ladies!

Alisha - Glad you enjoyed the movie! I'll pass on Twilight. Saw the first one, but I'm a hard core vampire gal and they're just too fluffy for me. True Blood on the other hand, I like! Go figure! Good for you on your workouts!

Thanks, but no thanks on the donkey or horse meat! Just like I couldn't eat my dog or cat either!

Jane - The December challenge is a walk in the park for you! It's helping me get out of my slump - I hope! We're the opposite as to saving energy. It's heat for us through April and sometimes into early May, then we go without completely until mid-July when we have to put the a/cs in the windows through August - okay, September-ish. Your swings and push ups on Friday sounded like fun! I'd love to do that! Wonder what the boss would say? I could call it stress relief . . .

I managed 3 days straight so far! I won't get excited until I make it a full week! 4 more days!

Enjoyed a nice wine tasting today, but now I feel all bloated and full. Not even hungry for dinner. I'll wait a while and see how I feel in about an hour.

Have a great night!

Tricia- I couldn't eat dog or cat either. How could I look Maria in the face? Maria is a norwegian rescue cat, not human. . . course she doesn't know it!

I do think that the twilight movies aren't nearly as hard core as the books. For one, they got the werewolf (really just a changling.) wrong because he is supposed to be 6'6".

I don't do more than 3 days straight anymore. I used to workout 6 days a week, but I got burnt out and then I got sick. It took me a while to get to 3 days a week, and then it was four, and now, mostly I get 5. I do one day of rest, 2-3 days of workouts, and then another day of rest. Its not my muscles but rather the connective tissue that gets sore.

I can't manage the wine without getting fat. I can eat ice cream though, which is a pretty good consolation prize. But only real ice cream, not fake stuff. That reminds me, I should try making some peppermint ice cream. Or how about apple pie flavored?

Jane- I watch most things on my netflix. I love watching a whole tv series on discs, no commercials, no waiting for the next week. Its great!

I'm not going to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in the theater, its a bit too scary for me.

I took yesterday as a rest day. I did Low Max this morning. It just flies by!

Alisha

Alisha - That's still a great plan! a rest day every 2-3 days is good for your body, especially with soreness like you're getting! Lucky you being able to eat ice cream without gaining! Wow! I just look at it and gain! Peppermint ice cream sounds so delicious! We've seen the Swedish version of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Can't wait to see the American one and compare. We also read the book.

I managed 2 workouts today! Did my BBX Burn which was 30 minutes, then did 30 minutes of yoga (I'm trying!) for the hips, knees and ankles. I have this Yoga Complete for Every Body DVD that has been collecting dust for about 3 years! Decided to pull it out and try it. I'm staying with the beginner's ones. There are several choices! I managed to get through it, but I really need some yoga blocks!

BBX isn't really all that challenging on the cardio side. It's a lot of core work though, which is tough for me since I hate doing abs, so that will bring me some benefit. I'll keep it up for 6 weeks and see how it goes. I've decided to do one week of each level two times through and see what happens rather than follow the 90 day program where you do each level for 30 days. Don't think I can do that and not get bored stiff! It's very repetitive. After that, I'll do LIS for 30 days, then reassess. That is, if I can stay motivated and keep on schedule! I really hope so! I forced myself onto the scale today and have gained, not 10, but 15 pounds!!! OMG! I knew I had gained, but didn't believe I had done that badly! Total denial. I knew I was gaining, but didn't care.

Have a good night!

Hi Jane!

Tricia- I am so sorry that you gained that much I have gained about 10 over the summer. It is so depressing:(:(:( Well, starting today, I'm counting my calories. That really seems to help. I'm also doing some yoga this afternoon (or this morning depending on my schedule.) I was going to go for a joggle, but its literally, freezing, and I don't have gear for weather like that. I like the new LIS program, but I don't get a huge calorie burn from it, and I really want to get this weight off me. Seriously, I'm sick of being fat. Hate it.:mad:

Jane- Did you get a good workout today?

Alisha

Good Evening,

I forgot to post yesterday but it was a crazy day. The only workout I got in was walking my friend's dog, Maggie. We had a nice walk to the park and back. I think it took us about 45 minutes.

Here's tonight's workout:

Warm up - Run around the block
3 Rounds
10 Deadlifts
15 Jumping Lunges
20 Push ups
25 Barbell Push Presses
30 Jump Taps
25 Swings
20 Squats
15 Sit ups
10 Push ups

It was really warm tonight. As far as I'm concerned it could stay this way year around. I love it.

Tricia ~ Sorry about the 15 pound weight gain. Well..you are back in the groove now so it should start coming off.

I saw all 3 Swedish Dragoon Tattoo movies. I think I'll rent the American version to see how it rates but I have a feeling that the Swedish movie will be better.

If you are interested in 2 good foreign movies. Rent Treeless Mountain and The Owl and The Sparrow. These are 2 of my favorite foreign movies.

Alisha ~ You are on your way. Don't beat yourself up, you stay the course and the pounds will go away. I know they say that cardio and strength is a great mix to get the weight off but straight cardio always works best for me.

Have a great night!

Alisha - Thanks, but I'm not going to beat myself up over the weight gain. I knew where I was mentally and emotionally now and I don't think even if I cared that I would have done anything about it at that time. Going to get back up now!

I do agree with Jane. Cathe's cardio seemed to do the trick last time, so it ought to do it again!

Jane - Love this workout you did last night! We still have one more of the Swedish ones to watch and I'm like you, from the previews, I just don't think the US version is going to do the books justice or the Swedish films! Thanks for the recs, too!

I've completed one whole cycle of BBX and I just don't think it is as intense as Cathe or has what it takes to burn the fat off. I'm going to give it 2 more weeks and do Levels 2 and 3 and see where I'm at then. If the scale hasn't budged, I'll dump it and move on to another rotation and put Cathe back on the table!

About have my brother set to do Power 90, so I promised him when he started that, I'd do P90X, but I'll do it with either Turbo Fire for cardio or Cathe step and kickbox, maybe a HIIT thrown in there now and again just for something different!

I know I'll get back down, especially once I start Stephen on his vegan switch in January!

Tricia- All those other workouts just don't compare in terms of calorie burn, except for a good old fashioned joggle. I'm keeping low max in the rotation because I get a great calorie burn without the impact. Its even better than the new LIS step workout.

Jane- I am definitely piling on the cardio, it always helps.

Today was a rest day because I was in 'emotional intelligence' training, which does not burn any calories:p. Yesterday was a very intense yoga session, that helps with the fat. And then this morning, my mom said I looked thinner:D So, the cardio before breakfast must be working. I ate really healthy today. I made a brown bag lunch with cuties (my favorite non fattening fruit), a 1/2 chicken sandwich on sourdough (no yeast) with some swiss cheese. I spread some coconut oil on the bread instead of mayo and it was super tasty. Breakfast was a small piece of quiche and a bran muffin from Ettore's, one of my favorite restaurants here in Sacramento. I am skipping dinner, my tummy is nauseous from this lingering sinus ick in my nose. (phlegm is disgusting.)

I am planning on a joggle tomorrow morning. Its supposed to freeze, but I bought a new compression long sleeve top from Target, it was on sale, for 20$. I plan to layer it under a pink hoody (for visibility) and go at 8 am. I plan to spend tomorrow afternoon studying. I'm preparing for that MOS Excel exam. I'm leaning towards taking it in May of next year. Maybe sooner, it depends on how quick I get through all of the online tests.

Alisha

I did not workout yesterday. Rest day! I'm planning a run for today but it may get washed out because it is raining so we'll see how it goes.

Alisha ~ I hope your got your joggle in today. Yeah for looking thinner!!

Tricia ~ Good job on not looking backwards. Every day is a new day, just take it 1 day at a time.

Great job girls! I will be back later to let you know what I did today.

Jane- 'Rain rain go away'? I hope you get a good workout in, even if it is soggy!

Tricia- How is it going today?

I did a joggle this morning, got 600 cal. burn. Yippee! This afternoon I plan on Cathe's Yoga either the Relax or Max. Either one.

Alisha

Hi you two!

Alisha - I love Low Max and you're absolutely right, it is a calorie burner! I did MMA Kickbox tonight. I think kickbox is my soulmate workout! I love it, it's fun and I can laugh at myself doing it, plus it, too, burns the cals! I'm already back down 2.5 pounds in just one week! Maybe that BBX is doing something even though it doesn't feel that challenging, except the core work! I plan to go back to running in the spring and this time I'm going to stick with it!

Good luck with all your classes and tests! You are one busy girl! Good work on planning your food! That's my weak spot when it comes to meals, but I intend to fix that! Really!

Jane - You have more than earned a rest day! I know what workout you did already! :p

I did MMA Kickbox today, oh yeah, already said that! lol Anyway, I'll be back on BBX Hardcore tomorrow with Level 2. Let's see if she really kicks it up a notch!

Have a great night! We have pouring rain through the night. I hope Peanut will let us sleep!

I wimped out yesterday. It had stopped raining but it got cold and windy and it was dark so I stayed inside and did High Reps - the upper body portion last night. I can't wait until the days start getting longer (in a couple of weeks). I hate this time of year. I want to be a bear and hibernate.

To punish myself for wimping out on my run. This is what I'm doing tonight and I will be using my Big Bertha Kettlebell - 53#

10 Rounds
10 Swings
20 Jump Squats
200m Run

Alisha - Good luck on your studying and your exams. You go girl!!

Tricia ~ Yay...2.5 pounds. Keep up the good work!!

Hi Fit Ladies!

Jane - Wow! What a punishing workout! lol

I hate this time of year also. We get dark earlier than you! We're dark before we even get off work! I'm also looking forward to lighter evenings!

I got my P90X2 in the mail today! It was actually on my porch by lunchtime! Can't wait to start previewing it! I know I've lost my strength, but hopefully, by the time I get to it, I'll be strong enough to do well! I love that the schedule is more flexible with this one!

Beachbody also bought Les Mill's Body Pump. I remember taking those classes at the gym! A lot of people are excited about those! Haven't looked at them myself yet. The also rolled out e-gift cards, so you can give fitness as a gift and the receiver can pick what they like best! That's pretty cool! Still waiting for tropical Shakeology - it's vegan. Thought that would be out this month, but it's looking like January or later.

BBX Hardcore Level 2 is a little bit tougher than Level 1. I think I'll get a better workout from 2 and 3.

Hi Alisha!

Tricia-Wow, the new P90X should help with the workouts!

Jane-I don't think that wimping out cause its dark qualifies as wimping out when you do High Reps upper body instead. My brother hates this time of year too, he is starting to look depressed. Me, I make it a point to always go outside and get sun directly on my face, but he is a night owl.

All I did today was go to a 'conference' on social media. It was entertaining, the instructor's name is Mark.

Tomorrow will probably be a joggle. I like those a lot because I can put my brain on space cadet and not worry about a thing. I anticipate doing some Shiva Rae later in the afternoon.

I have the songs from the new Muppet movie stuck in my head. "Me Party" is disco with a Miss Piggy beat.

Alisha

I'm all dressed for my joggle, I even remembered to trim my toe nails, and put on a bandaid over the toe I shredded (not too badly) on Wednesday. Its really cold outside, in the low 30s. I'm looking tubby because I had a small slice of ham yesterday in one of those Panera's 'Power" breakfast sandwiches. Its only 340 calories but it is salty. I'm going to be super good today. I will eat all home made food. I am going to abstain from zag foods today.

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.