JAN. 09 CHECK IN !! Wed. 7th !!

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Wow Hump Day already!

Is this week going by quickly for anyone else?

Well Good Morning Amigas.

Today I have cardio so I'll be doing Step Blast then following it w/ 200 kettlebell swings.

Joanne hoping all went well for you yesterday.

Hope all have a wonderful Wednesday!

picture.php

Good Morning...:)

Today will be 4DS Legs + L&G Floorwork+ Core/Stretchmax...yeehaw...more legs...lol

Vilma- enjoy your workout!! Thanks for the info on the itreads...one of these days I'll break down and try something new...lol

BBL!

Hi ladies!! Well, the doctor did absolutely nothing yesterday. :( I was assuming he would treat the problem since my eye doctor seemed so alarmed about it. They did some tests and he looked at my eye. He explained everything really well, how it happens, etc. He said the procedure to clean it out is very unpleasant. He lifts the flaps and scrapes it off. Sorry if this is making anyone queasy! He'd prefer not to do that since about half the time the cells grow again anyway. He said my sight is 20/20 in my good eye and not too bad in the other, so he wants to leave it alone for now. He said if it starts to move over my pupil, then we'd have to treat it. It is definitely affecting my sight in that eye, though. I have to go back in six months to check it again unless I notice any vision changes, then I go back sooner. Not sure how I feel about all this. Of course, my first reaction when he said he wasn't going to do anything was ARRGGG, I could have started CLX! ;) I'm thinking about getting a second opinion, but the guy I go to is highly regarded, so I'm not sure what good that would do. Plus, all this with him is covered under my original Lasik cost and I'd have to pay for another doctor. I guess we just wait and see.

Chris, wow, I can't believe you've never been to an eye doctor either. You are so lucky to have such good vision. I've been in glasses or contacts since fifth grade!

Today was Low Impact Circuit. Felt really good!

Beth, how was CLX today? I'll be with you starting Monday.

Waves to everyone else!

BBL....

Joanne

Good morning!! I did CLX second workout this morning -- burn circuit 2. It's legs with back, bicep, tricep. I worked hard!!! Wow, but, and I posted this in the CLX initial impressions thread, I'm kind of skeptical about this approach. Even though I'm working hard while I'm doing it, it feels like it's not nearly enough overall. Maybe I'm just used to FF's crazy repitition, but I'm worried I'm going to lose ground.

Wart update: we did the first treatment last night -- he put up a big fuss, but I don't think it bothered him that much really, and I made a big deal about telling him he was brave, so I have a feeling he'll do better with it next time. Maybe this is a good thing -- small accidents, hubby likes to say. (meaning, have a lot of small things go wrong and you'll be better prepared to deal with the big things when they happen).

Joanne, how are your eyes? We all want to know, of course......

Yes, Vilma, it feels fast this week -- back in the crazy grind, I guess. I've got to run -- this afternoon will be unpleasant as my older son has a story to write and that's always torture for both of us. :eek:

Have a great day!

Joanne, we posted at the same time -- you owe me a beer! :D Interesting (and frustrating!) about your eye. I can see why you might want a second opinion. How can they tell there are cells growing there, anyway? I'm paranoid about my eyes now!!!

CLX was good -- see my other post and maybe check the inital impressions thread for any answers Kathryn or fit44 may have.....

-Beth

Hey Girls!

2uge4p4.gif

It's a "Snow Day" here for the boys. Kind of knew this was coming. We had snow, followed by sleet and freezing rain, so there is a base of about 1 inch of snow crusted over with ice. Not so good for driving! I kind of liked waking up at 6am, watching the "no school" announcements on TV under my covers, shutting the TV off, and snoozing for another hour!! Back to last week's "lazy day".

I have had AWESOME eyesight all of my life! Just never saw a reason to get an eye exam. I guess I had all the school/childhood tests. My kids have had those, and they all have gotten eye exams at the doctor. (Well, my 7 yr old's is next month). What a freaky thing, though. The lights are like LAZERS that they examine your eyes with. Holy moly they were BRIGHT!

Hottie: Oh , 4 degrees CELSIUS! That is a different story, yet still cold!
2i1d1co.gif
Collage is saying the 13th, for STS? Hmmmm... anyway, it's coming this month!!

Vilma: Step Blast, huh? I never hear you doing step lately... I bet you have a , well, BLAST! with it!!! ;) Let us know! ... From yesterday, I think I would get "bored" swinging KB's without music or something. I kind of need distractions (videos to watch or music to hear) while I exercise, otherwise I concentrate too much on the sweating and not being able to breath! This week IS flying!

Joanne: I'm not sure what to say about your eye appt yesterday. I guess if it were me, I'd be relieved I don't HAVE to have the surgery. I'm a big BIG chicken when it comes to the doctors! (I think I know too much...!!) LIC is a goodie!!! ... How are things going with your father, Joanne? Was just wondering this morning ....

Beth
: Can I get a beer too??... ;) I'll have to go read what you posted in OD . I know, FF's Rotations have REALLY pushed me in the weight work. This month is no exception. But it IS always good to "shake things up" and do things differently, don't you think? Just go back to a FF rotation (or actually STS!) after CLX. THAT will definitely work you differently!!! ... Good news on the wart front, Beth. You're right. If this doesn't work, it will be easier to work up to the "freezing" at the doctors!

My boys are presently chasing and "playing with" the poor kitties. They must be so freaked out, since this is usually their "sleep time".

BBL!!!

Gahhhhh

I had a long post of personals ready to post and it disappeared :mad::mad::mad: and I can't recover it dangnabit!!!

Anyways I did my Step Blast along w/ the 200 kettlebell swings.

I need to step out but hope to post when I get back in

picture.php

Ha, Beth, I'm on for that beer! Meet me for lunch? ;) They can actually see the cells looking at the eye through those things they all have in their offices. I wouldn't worry about yours. It's something that happens pretty quickly after the surgery and most commonly after having an enhancement, which I did, since my vision wasn't corrected enough the first time. He said my flap didn't close correctly at the top and it allowed skin cells to get under it, it sealed and the cells continued to grow. Sometimes they stop growing, sometimes they don't and have to be removed if they are causing problems. I swear, I get all the weird stuff happening to me and those around me!

Beth, hope the treatment works for your son. Yes, they can be a bit dramatic about stuff! Hmmm, interesting about CLX. Are you really feeling it when you're doing them? Like you're going to failure. There seems to be such differing reactions to them from different people. One thing I thought was weird while previewing was how they keep showing a camera man filming them and then moving out of the picture. I was like, why?

Chris, that extra hour in bed sounds divine!! Enjoy your snow day with the kids. Yea, I was relieved not to have to go through the eye procedure, but left feeling uneasy that I still have this thing growing there! I'm going to make an appt. to see my regular eye doctor in about three months so he can check it too. Six months seems too long to me. The lasik guy did say he has a patient who has had the same thing for ten years. He checks her every six months and so far she hasn't needed any treatment for it. Thanks for asking about my dad. It's not good news, but I didn't want to post about it since I don't always want to be doom and gloom. His time at the nursing home is running out with Medicare - he needs to leave by the 21st. My mom used to be able to care for him at home even with his Parkinson's. It was tough and getting harder, but she managed with help from us. Well, they believe he had a heart attack several months ago and his strength is much less now. The social workers and his physical therapists are concerned about my mom caring for him and rightly so. They wanted her to put him in long-term care. She's against that because, well, who wants to have to do that? Besides the fact it would deplete them financially. The other option is send him home and hire a caregiver. Well, my mom doesn't want to give up her privacy - at first she didn't want anyone in the house. But, she's compromised and agreed to hire someone. They are recommending 12 hours a day, but she's going to start with 3 or 4. He's actually coming home this Friday for 12 hours so my mom can see how it is to care for him for a full day. She's remembering how it was before his heart attack and everyone is trying to convince her it will be much more difficult. He'll also be evaluated by some caregivers while he's at home. It's all just so depressing. My poor dad is such a sweetheart - he doesn't want to put anyone out and is so worried about my mom. She's 70 with her own health issues. We live just two blocks away, so that's good. But I work full-time, so I can't be there during the day. DH will help out, but he works nights and needs to sleep part of the day. It'll all work out, but it's frustrating. Sorry to ramble on so much if anyone is still reading...sometimes just talking about it helps.

Joanne

Yes, Joanne, let's meet for lunch!!! :D

I'm sorry to read about your dad -- that's got to be tough for all of you. I think it's hard for almost anyone to accept that sort of personal help, but it's probably even harder for a man -- they are so wired to be the ones who solve problems, you know? I hope your mom is able to manage with that amount of help, and please know that you can vent to us or whatever you need to do.

On the CLX thing.... I do feel it when I'm doing it, but in a strange way. When I was working my back the other day, I felt like I could have gone heavier, but because her count was so slow, my hands/arms/forearms felt like they couldn't keep up. I did end up wearing my weighted vest today so that my legs would feel it more, and I think that helped quite a bit (there were sumo squats with biceps, for instance, and I knew I couldn't go heavier on the biceps but that my legs needed more).

Vilma -- sorry you lost your post! That's soooo frustrating!!

-Beth

Hey Again...

What a day, I'm pooped! The boys ran me ragged today
220.gif

Not even worth the lounge in bed for the extra hour this morning!!
171.gif

Joanne: I'm sorry to hear about your dad. It's totally ok to post to us ANYTHING, you know we don't mind!.. It's a good place to vent , and we give hugs!!
z5.gif
I understand your mom and your dad's feelings too. I hope your mom ends up accepting more help. At least he can be at home! So hard to have our parents grow old or sick. It was funny, I had a patient this weekend that was 105 years old!!! Her daughter took care of her (up until a little bit ago, she went to a nursing home), Her daughter is 80 something years old! Can you even imagine getting to have a parent alive when you're 80???

Beth: Were you the one that didn't like Slow & Heavy too? Is CLX THAT slow? I rarely felt any DOMS with S&H too. And it is hard to lift so slow! I'm curious to see if I will feel DOMS in my shoulders tomorrow. I REALLY struggled with some of FF's shoulder work today! (she tacked on BM2 shoulders to PS shoulders!).

Vilma: OMG.. I hate when that happens too! Hope you're having a good evening....

Chris -- I forgot to comment on your snow day -- the sleeping in part sounded so good. Maybe they'll go back to school tomorrow and you can have a "snow day" by yourself. ;)

I don't have slow & heavy, so that wasn't me. I remember doing the double upper body premix on BM2 and that it killed my shoulders, so I can imagine you're sore!!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.