Jan. 09 Check In -->Tues. 13th <---

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Morning on This COLD Tuesday morning.

Just getting us started.

Today I have Empire State planned along w/ 200 swings and possibly a short cardio on my TM.... let's see how it goes.

Migraine is slowly going away as I feel slight pressure still but definitely much better than the last few days.

Joanne
I hope you guys stay toasty and don't have to leave your houses as I heard you guys are in the mist of get hit by a blizzard :confused:

Hope All have a great day

'Talk' to y'all later.

picture.php

Hi All. Checking in with kettlebell swings. I tried to focus on one-handeds today. It was a good workout, but my HRM went crazy and said my high-end heart rate was 212. I know it wasn't. :) But speaking of that -- all of you who have had the battery die.... how long did you have it before that happened? And did you send it back to the mfg for a battery change?

Joanne, I may have missed posts from yesterday (I'm sure I did), but how are you feeling after having done BC1? Oh, and Chris, that's Burn Circuit 1 -- the first workout on the first disc of CLX. Oh, and Joanne, did your discs arrive scratch-free? I can't remember. Mine look like they have tiny scratches on them, but they are not circular, like I've heard described, so I didn't do anything about it. I hope I don't regret that.

Here's hoping everyone has a warm and headache-free day.

-Beth

Oh, my dvd player went nuts yesterday and wouldn't eject the dvd. DH was able to make it open up, but I sure hope that doesn't happen again! It's amazing how we rely on things.

Good morning Vilma and Beth and all who follow!

Yesterday was really weird. After posting yesterday, my stomach started to really feel funny again (it had bothered me all Sunday). I crawled into bed with my DH who refused to wake up in general and both of us felt so bad that we both took a day off form work. We mostly stayed in bed but by the afternoon we were feeling better...but we're having weidr weather again where it was well over 80 degrees yesterday and it was just too hot in the apt to workout (and we have no A/C or heat still!). Anyway, I did one of my later workouts but got all of C&W in and felt much better for doing so. I came in early to work so I can take some mental time plan and actually get a lot of little things done, but the plan is to do do 4DS Bootcamp like Cathe's rotation tonight. It's been cute because Joe has been really getting into doing workouts together and it works out well with the GS (sometimes we take turns and rewind a set back for the other to do it) and he was trying to figure out a way for us to do 4DS Bootcamp in the car on the way to work. I think we decided on -- I do cardio first, we do weights together, and then he does cardio (since there isn't enough room for both of us to do cardio at the same time) but we'll see what happens tonight!

Vilma -- hope your migraine goes away. I am absolutely miserable when I have them.

Joanne -- I thought of you too when I saw on the news about the blizzard. Stay warm and safe!

Beth -- you know, I was questioning my HRM too the other day! It's pretty decent for the most part. So, I may be totally abusing the system (ok, I am), but I bought our HRMs specifically from REI so we could exchange the item when the batteries go dead (I get so upset when manufacturer's deliberately make it more expensive to change something as easy as a battery). I love REI's lifetime return policy! (REI and Costco are probably in the top 5 of favorite stores.) You know, Joe often reads what I have on my computer screen and he is getting very tempted by your KB raves!

And to all of you, thanks for asking about my hand. Today I'm more chatty because it feels better but I have to be pretty wary. I think I'm at that point that if I'm not smart about it, it can get bad but I'm trying to rest it as much as I can.

BBL

Hey Vilma & Beth... and all to follow ...

Just got done with IMAX2! My HR got up close to 180 during a few of those intervals! My HRM said I burned 840 calories! (I still think it's a bit off. I just replaced an older model and I've never burned that much doing IMAX2, but I'm ok with it). I could do the step to "Pina Coloda Song" all damn day! :eek:

Vilma: Your KB workouts sound good today. It's always nice to stick in some extra cardio. I understand what you mean about "still a little pressure". I had that yesterday. Today, my headache appears to be gone (knock on wood!).

Beth: Thanks for clarifying BC1! I was thinking "Boot Camp". My old HRM (and this one) is just a wrist one. My DH would replace the battery , it was a watch battery. The one I have now is the same style, but it has different features and seems better quality. Plus you can shut it off to save battery life. Do you have the strap version, beth? ... I would have FREAKED if my DVD player got stuck too! :eek:

Joanne (From last night): Funny about you skipping church this week with a headache too! My DH is the same way. He wasn't really brought up with any religion, or very slack about it. So it's all really me that does CCD & church with the boys. I have to say, he did step up once to the plate one Sunday he had off, and took Jake to church and CCD. That was pretty nice of him. Maybe it will work out with 3-4 hours of help for your dad. Maybe they could split it up. Help him in the morning to get up and ready and then at night to go to bed? ... Oh my on the blizzard! Hope you're all safe and warm. Wonder if you're home with the kids today?

Kathy: (from last night too). Good to see you checking in! I bet you're having a nice visit with your sister. And a baby! How fun!!!

Should be a "regular" calm day for me today. Groceries and puttering. I like "calm" and quiet. .....

Hi ladies!! I'm here at work and the kids are at school. The blizzard didn't really materialize. The media gets everyone all nervous and then...nothing! I'm not complaining, though. We did get a couple inches of snow, but on top of the foot already there, it doesn't make much of a difference. I think they might have gotten more north of us. It was about 15 degrees this morning, but it's supposed to drop way down and stay that way the rest of the week. I wore lots of layers to work, so hopefully the walk to the train won't be too brutal.

I almost made my goal of completing ASC3 this morning. I made it through the first 4 combos, but couldn't quite finish the fifth. She then puts them altogether, but I didn't do that either. It was still over an hour of cardio. Then I did her ab section with tubing, which was OK.

Beth, I am SORE today! My upper back and chest and my hamstrings mostly. I started to feel it last night. I'm going to try to stick with this for the three months and see what happens. My discs did arrive scratch-free - it seems like most people's came with scratchers. Can you imagine the loss they must be taking on replacing all of those? I used to use my HRM regularly, but got out of the habit. The battery probably was good for about six months, then I stopped using it probably for two years. That's when it was dead. I'll never buy a Polar again. I refuse to send in the HRM for a battery replacement.

Chris, love Imax! So the wrist HRM's work OK? I had a strap one and it was kind of a pain. I would use a wrist one more. Hope that headache stays away! Yea, I'm hoping the lesser hours will work out for my parents. I don't think the agencies will split the time during the day, though. My mom did ask a couple and they said no since it would interfere with their scheduling and the travel would be too much.

Hottie, I know I said this before, but I think it's so cool how you and your DH workout together! How fun!

Vilma, enjoy your workout today - hope your headache stays away too! I wish we were all snug at home, but here I am!

BBL...

Joanne

Chiming in to say I did my planned cardio which was the 4DS kickbox only portion followed immediately by 200 swings then a breakfast break eventually finishing up Empire State :D I'm happy I found the energy to complete it all.

Beth nice WO with the one handed swings. Did you ever decide what you plan w/ your trainer Tracey?

Sorry I can't help w/ your HR monitor question. Can't you take it to a jewelry store and have them change out the battery for you?

Oh I hope your dvd is not acting wonky. I depend on mine way too much :eek:

Hottie I hope your feeling much better but take it easy at the gym tonight.

Man I remember those days before kids when I was able to just crawl into bed w/ dh and snooze as long as we wanted.

Chris yay for Imax 2 :D Love that one!

Oh I still have that pressure in my head and I try to ignore it as much as I can.... thank goodness for pain relief ;)

I love calm and quiet also I only have another hour of it then its gone lol

Joanne glad that blizzard never happened to you guys. My kids are praying for a snow day, me not so much I like my calm and quiet day time lol

Hmmm has anyone heard from Ivy? She hasn't posted since before New Year's - I hope she's ok.

Later.......

picture.php

Hey everyone (except Ivy! No, I haven't heard from her -- I, too, hope she's ok). I am totally procrastinating on work stuff. Just don't want to do it!

HRM - yes, I have a polar, and I don't think you can take it to a watch repair place. I dunno.... maybe there's a battery in the part you put on the chest strap and that's the piece that has to be sent back? That's what I'm guessing. I'm going to google and see if someone's found a way to do it. My car key that isn't a key looks as though you'd have to take it somewhere to get the battery replaced, but I found instructions on-line. (Have I replaced it yet? No! It takes some strange computer battery and Larry said we have one, but I dunno where....)

Vilma, I haven't quite decided about Tracy, but I am closer to the group class on Saturdays because I found out I have to help at school every other Tuesday, which is when we had in mind for private lessons. But, I give Tracy fresh eggs because I know how much she appreciates them, so I'll see her soon for an egg hand-off, and I finally broke down and decided to buy a pressure cooker and she mentioned cooking together, so maybe we'll do that! Have you seen her recipes? They look so good!

Joanne, good to hear you are sore. My hamstrings have been super sore, too! (for more than a week! :p)

Hi Kathy!

Ok, back to work.......

-Beth

Hey again...

Had an early dinner tonight, Zach has basketball practice. I'm bracing myself for the cold that's coming our way. Supposed to be in the negative numbers the rest of the week with even lower wind chills. good snuggling weather! I'm glad there's a bunch of new TV starting. Some of my favorites just started up. Now don't think I'm crazy but I watch (DVR them when I can't watch them): American Idol, 24 (i'm in love with Kiefer), Nip/Tuck (I'm in love with BOTH sean and christian!) and my regulars, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy! :eek::eek:

Yes! I've been waiting for Ivy to pop in , and she never does! Hope you're ok out there Ivy!

Hottie: We must have posted at the same time this morning! Your lazy morning with DH sounds nice! You need one of those every now and then!! You caught up nice on your workouts though... I also think it's cool you and your DH work out together. I'd love it if I could get mine to do STS with me, ... but with the 3 boys, it's hard to coordinate something like that. And his work schedule...

Joanne: Hmmf! That stinks the agencies couldn't work out to 2 times a day and split up the hours. ... Wow.. ASC3 sounds hard! I really have to be in the mood to do a difficult step workout. Hey, I looked at those Hi/Lo Dome workouts... and mmmm... it looked like Hi/Lo that I'm not a fan of. I guess maybe I should stick with Step and Kickboxing. Have you ever done any of the Step Boxing workouts? I'm curious about those and which would be a good one to get. On the HRM, I used to have (actually I still do have) the Polar brand with the strap. I found the strap to be uncomfortable and it would slide down and lose contact and it was a major PIA in my opinion. So I've had just the watch HRM for the past few years. I think they work just as well. I mean, they measure your HR on your wrist to calculate calorie burn, and to me it seems pretty accurate.

Off to do the dishes! DH usually does them, but he's off with Zach to practice. That's the price I pay for staying home! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.