Jan. 09 Check In --> Mon. the 5th <---

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Hiya Amigas!

How is everyone doing?

Are we ready to start our normal full Post Holiday week?

Hope all have had / are haviong a good night's rest.

I'm up and ready to tackle my day w/ iTread once I get back from dropping the kids off at school then tagging on that daily 200 kettlebell swing for this month.

See y'all later :D

picture.php

Good morning Vilma and everyone..

Today's workout will be Imax 2 as soon as the kids are finished with their school lessons. The side of my foot is aching. I hope that I am able to do Imax 2. If it bothers me too much, I will switch the days and do Leaner Legs instead..

Have a great day ladies..Talk to you later..

Good Morning Ladies!!

Today will be PS Legs +Abs....I really like this workout....

Vilma- Have a great workout!! I've never tried the itreads ( I'm not really sure what they're about to be honest...is it a treadmill thing?)

Kathy- What is causing your foot to ache? I hope it feels better soon!! I hate when things like that happen that throws your routine off course!

BBL

Hi All,

Well, Vilma, ready or not, it's here! Back to the school routine, for most of us.
Kathy, I hope your foot feels better and you can enjoy imax 2 -- it's so much fun, but, don't push it!

Joanne, I'm cheating on you. I looked at this week for FF's rotation again and decided I just couldn't get excited about doing PS without the dvd -- remembering that BM2 has no weighted leg work, so she doesn't use it on leg day, was the nail in the coffin. So, I started CLX -- sorry, I just couldn't wait! I think it'll be good -- it's so so so different from any Cathe I've ever done in that it's so much shorter and yet I do feel worked. I did tack on C&W ab and stretch, just so I could get a little dose of Cathe.

I have poison oak again! Larry cut more brush on NYE day, and even though I wasn't anywhere near it, he must have had it on him and gotten me. Bummer, but we caught it early this time so hopefully it won't spread like it did last summer.

Oh, we never went skating yesterday. My hubby, bless him, just can't plan stuff like this. We just took off, in a hurry, because the session had already started. We got there and the parking lot was bare. Turns out they were closed over the holidays. I asked him what kind of place would close while all the schools are on break?! And apparently it's just some guy's hobby, and it's at him whim. The kids were really bummed, but we ended up doing some errands and I got more weights -- another 25 and a 30. I'm not sure I need a 35!!! Larry took a look at the bowflex set and asked if I wanted that -- I was amazed! But, it doesn't make much sense given that I pretty much have all my weights at this point, though the smaller increments would be really nice.

Ok, on with feeding the kids, making lunches, blahblahblah. :D

-Beth

Iris: I think that I stepped on it wrong..It is sensitive on the outside bottom of the ankle. It feels alot better now that I have been walking on it. I will test it out later before I workout. I wouldn't want it to get worse.Enjoy your leg workout. I like that one too..

Beth: Thanks..I won't push it. I wouldn't want to have to put my cardio on hold for a long while. I would go bonkers!! Posion oak yuck! Hope you get rid of that soon. Hubby had it a few years ago and he was miserable. Sorry your skating plans didn't work out..Enjoy your new weights too!!

Thanks, Kathy.

Hey, forgot to give a shout out to Joanne for good luck with your eye procedure tomorrow -- I'll be thinking about you!!

-Beth

Hello ladies. Hope you all had a good weekend! I didn't get a chance to check in. I did Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing Saturday and nothing yesterday.

Today we woke up to no heat. Well, I woke up at 2:00am with no heat. It's been acting funky and DH has been fiddling with it. He has this thing about calling people to fix things - he wants to do it himself. Well, when he came home from work this morning and it was about 40 degrees in here, he called a heating place. Now I'm waiting for them to come. So, I'm sitting here in layers and blankets. No workout today - I just couldn't climb out of my mountain of comforters!

Kids went back to school today - very quiet here!

We went to see Marley and Me this weekend. OMG - I haven't cried that much in I don't know how long. So, so sad. I don't want to spoil anything, but some of the stuff they go through as a couple, DH and I have. Brought back some very tough memories, not just dog stuff. The kids were crying, too. Poor Colin. He just had tears running down his eyes. I hugged him and he said he wasn't crying because of the movie, he was crying cause he had to go to the bathroom so bad. Great movie, though.

Beth, you're too funny! I previewed some of the CLX workouts this weekend and was so anxious to start!! They look awesome. I got the 7th DVD and it looks really fun. That's OK about starting early - I wouldn't want to hold you back! I'll start next week and we'll still be doing the same workouts. I actually thought about emailing you and asking if you wanted to start early, but the stupid eye thing is holding me back. I saw a post somewhere from Chalene that said she recommended adding another cardio day instead of two rest days. So, I'll be doing that. Thanks for the good thoughts for tomorrow. Oddly, I'm not nervous about it, just want it taken care of! Poison oak does not sound fun! Hope it's not too bad.

Kathy, hope your foot is OK - I've had that feeling before on the side of my foot. Be careful with Imax2.

Hey Vilma, which itread are you doing? I haven't done one of those in awhile. I need to start using the treadmill at our work gym again - but this is the worst time of the year for that, I'm sure it'll be crowded.

Hi Iris! Good to see you back here!

BBL...

Joanne

Last edited:
Good morning all! I don't know how I can manage to be running late on a day I'm "taking off!" I've been having a problem sleeping and now I wake up a lot later than I want to. I'm avoiding lab today because it sucked up way too much of my life over the weekend and last week and I need a day like this to catch up on housework frankly. What do I do? Stay in bed PAST 830! I could smack myself! Just going to shove some food in my mouth and hopefully go to the supermarkets. Kathy -- I may just do Imax2 with you since I already did BM2 on Saturday from Cathe's rotation. We'll see -- I tell you there are just not enough hours in the day! BBL!

Hi ladies..

Well, I am happy to report that I got through Imax 2 without any problems. The foot is doing fine. Must have been some morning stuffness.

Hottie: Good luck with Imax 2..

Joanne: That looks like a really cute movie. My sisters saw it and said it was good...Good luck with your eye procedure..

Hey Everyone!

Happy Monday!!! :p

I'm still in on FF's JANUARY rotation, so I did PS: BACK & Bi's and BM2: BACK & Bi's. I felt like I lifted heavier on back, so *maybe* I will actually feel it tomorrow?!?! Not sure.

Vilma: Sounds like a good sweaty workout today. It's kind of hard to get back into the school thing after a week of "sleeping in" and being lazy, isn't it? But it is SOOOO much more quieter! Ahhhhh!

Kathy: Yeah for IMAX2 and your foot feeling better! I get very anxious re: injuries and losing my workouts!!!

Iris: Cool you're doing PS series too! It is nice for a change, I liked it today.

Beth: Awwwww... I'm bummed you're out of FF's rotation with me! But CLX is exciting to start! I don't blame you a bit! Do give more details!!! What was it like? What exercises did you do? Was it slow weight work? Entire body? Circuit? I want it all and your review from a "Cathe" point of view! Ohhh... sorry to hear about the Poison Oak again!! And the skating mishap. But it's cool you got the weights! I have to say, I have free weights up to 15, but I love my Adjustable Bowflexes! They're so diverse and easy to use! Maybe a Mother's Day present idea?!?!!? (P.S.... Did you get the 1RM email I sent you yesterday?)

Joanne: OMG on the no heat today!! At least the kids went back to school. Hope it's all fixed now! You've confirmed my decision to NOT bring the kids to see Marley & Me, and keep it for a private viewing for me when it comes on DVD. I hate blubbering in a movie theater full of people! LOL!!! Definitley good luck with your eye procedure tomorrow! let us know ASAP how it goes, what time are you going?

Hottie: Hope things catch up today for you! I hate days like that where I'm always feeling behind.

Off to shower and get some supper underway! The boys had CCD after school and Zach has a basketball game after supper! :eek:

Hello everyone. Well, we have partial heat, better than nothing! There's three parts that needed to be replaced and of course, they only had one and had to order the others. We have heat on one floor, but not the others. It's better than before, though. The parts won't be in till Wednesday and DH said he'll install them himself.

Chris, my eye surgery is at 2:20, so I'll be at work in the morning. Yea, Marley is probably best enjoyed alone. The whole theatre was sniffling. I have to say Tully got the benefit of us seeing the movie. Everyone was all over her when we got home giving her lots of love! Even though she ate half a loaf of bread while we were gone. ;) I could probably answer some of your CLX questions since I previewed some of them. The Burn phase is heavy lifting, I think about 12 reps. She does two moves, but not at the same time. Like you squat with 20 pound weights, go all the way up and then do a bicep curl. There's an endurance type workout that you do once a week that looked really fun. She does some intense cardio and then a endurance strength movement with light weights, like five pounds. There's also a cardio workout that seems like high intensity interval training. Not all like her Turbo Jams, but more bootcamp type cardio. It did look fun, though. I can't wait to start!

Kathy, glad your foot is better and you were able to do Imax2!

Hottie, hope your day slowed down a bit!

Tonight starts the craziness again with soccer and basketball practice! Have a good evening all!

Joanne

Can I go to bed? :rolleyes:

I am tuckered out today! Wow.

Just finished making a nice dinner for the family of grilled chicken breasts w/ whole wheat penne pasta tossed w/ stir fried asparagus, and tons of other yummy veggies along with some ginger and feta cheese. Yummo I'm gonna eat as soon as I feel hungry. I'm just too exhausted to eat ATM.

I ended up doing a nice fast and flat run using iTread 9/ 60m good ol sweaty mess and was done early. Yay!

Joanne
we have been having issues w/ our heating unit and its the air compressor thankfully its under warranty but we still have to pay labor and freon cost:confused:.

Much luck and well wishes for the surgery - you'll have to sleep with those cups again? I hated having to tape those cups over my eyes before sleeping lol.

Please let us know how you are doing when you are able to.

Chris yup its nice to get back into a scheduled routine again but it seems when they are in school is when I'm the most busiest :confused: esp with the school sports

Kathy
Happy to hear your foot is doing ok. I myself have had an issue with the bone on the outside of my right foot but eh when its painful I'll go in. I can tell it's swollen probably arthritis for me meh lol

Hottie Thats just about right, some days it just doesn't seem like enough hours in the day to do all that is needed. I hope you find some time to just plop down and relax.

Beth I am so looking forward to what you think of CLX - That one I may end up buying for the summer time. I'll be starting ETK in Feb.

Iris yes iTreads are guided audio workouts for the treadmill or running outside. Grace is a tough one and I find I push myself even harder, get more milage in than CC.

CC is great for motivation but when I feel like getting into some great cluby type music I use an iTread, although I like them both for different reasons.

Waving to Ivy!

Have a good evening tonight I'm going to spoil myself with bath goodies that I got over at the sale in bath and body works lol

picture.php

Hey all -- back after work and grocery shopping. I have a headache from dirty food withdrawal. :p

Joanne, yes, I plan to do kbells on the other rest day if I can manage to make my muscles function. Chris, Joanne explained it -- there are some moves that are sort of done together -- like this morning there were lunges and at the bottom you did a side lateral lift. There were hip lifts with chest press, oh, and leg lowering with chest flies, so you were working your core/abs. There are breakdowns of all the exercises available -- I could bounce the mail to you if you're interested, but I know that's kind of hard to imagine sometimes. Oh, and yes, I did get your 1RM mail -- forgot to reply -- but it sounds good! (we are sort of foregoing the leg 1RM testing, at least I am, because I can't imagine being able to do anything that heavy -- I do have a weighted vest, so that'll come in handy!!

You poor gals without your heat -- brrrrr! Hope it's functioning better, soon! Which reminds me, Hottie, I meant to comment on your 4 degree experiments -- brrr! Do you even have appropriate clothes to wear for that, living where you do?!

High 5's to you imax2ers!!

Oh hey, my 7yo has a giant wart on his "ring" toe. He's such a "baby" about anything medical, I don't want to deal with it, but Larry's insisting I get him into the dr. soon. Anyone know how bad it is to let a wart go? (as if I haven't already -- his toe is not doubled in size, but nearly -- poor kid!! And yet it's the other one who complains about his shoes feeling too tight - lol).

-Beth

Howdy all....now I have some time to seriously do personals but since most of you will read it tomorrow I guess. ;) I finished Imax2 and dabbled a little in Imax3 today, just to go over the foot work and to see if I can isolate my issues with the blasts. It was a bit foolish in a way because though I am happy that Kathy didn't have issues with her feet, I did. Yesterday, since I was feeling BLAH about working out, I pulled out my husband's jump rope to see if I can play around with that since its supposed to be a super good workout (and one of my resolutions was to expand my exercise repertoire). I learned 1) I have absolutely no grace or coordination, 2) its way harder than it looks, 3) children are evil for being able to do it so effortlessly, and 4) OMG your calves will hurt like no other the next morning. I had hoped during my grocery trips (didn't see you any where Beth ;)) that walking around would help it, and it did, but it just made my workouts much harder.

So, calves hurting + double foot landing on the steps = major owies. But still, I'm glad to get the burn on so thanks Kathy for inspiring me.

The rest of you, be prepared for my constant feeble attempts for Imax3 since its on the resolution list to be tackled before I may get pregnant (as that may happen sometime later in this year as my DH and I have talked about trying then). Its weird because I have that stubborn tenacity rise when I think about that workout but at the same time, I am deathly intimidated by it. It's a very weird combination.

Vilma -- we missed you!!! Sounds like you had a nice workout. I think my school gym is going to be open this week so I can sneak onto the TMs there again.

Kathy -- glad to see that the foot didn't bother you. Thanks again for the Imax2 idea!

Iris -- that sounds like you had a nice lower body workout today. Hope you can walk well tomorrow!

Beth -- hmmm....did you get jealous by my weight set and buy some more for yourself? LOL! I thought the bowflexes were pretty cool and nice but Joe didn't want to dump the money on it because he didn't like how "long" it was if that makes any sense. He felt like it bumped into him or things when he used it. It ended up working out since we got the dumbbell set. It's actually sort of crazy on the LA craigslist. EVERYONE is selling their fitness gear which I think is creating enough competition to drive the prices down. As for the 4 degree room...technically, no I don't have the right clothing for it and I forgot to bring the extra layers I usually do for that experiment that day too. So, I went to the other grad student who has a foot on me and asked him for his sweater and jacket on top of my sweatshirt and jacket. I looked rather silly...like a little girl wearing her dad's clothing. I find that ski jackets and clothing can insulate you well for extended periods in the room though....and hopefully, you won't really need to use that advice! I have never had a wart in my life but if I saw one it would probably ickify me to death. And poison oak again? That just has to be aggravating. Don't eat too much bad food. ;)

Joanne -- I would like to say I feel you on the heat since I've had none for weeks now but I'm pretty sure Chicago is a bit colder than LA! I wake up when its too cold too and I used to do the same when I lived in NJ (our heater would just randomly turn off one winter and I would be the one to go down to the basement to fix it up again at 2a). I hope the eye surgery went well -- I was definitely thinking about you earlier. both of you CLXers -- let us know how it goes as you do it!

Chris -- sounds like you had a nice workout. I feel the back engage more later throughout workouts...it takes me some time to feel it at least. I have to be careful with my lower back though.

Ok, I think I got everyone! Off to do Laundry Max if the machines are open!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.