Jan 09 Check in - 1/12

I'm attempting to do a morning workout and I'm wavering between BM2 and C&W. I'll see what happens after I move around. Wake up everyone!

Hottie, you're going early! Hope you enjoyed whatever workout you did.

I did CLX BC1 this morning and I used a weighted vest and tried to go heavier on some things. It was better than last week, I think. I used a barbell for chest press, and I was more comfortable that way. I woke up super early, so had time to tack on her Extreme Abs and BM2 stretch. Feeling good.....

Happy Monday!
-Beth

Hi Hottie and Beth and all that follow!

Hottie, enjoy your workout - whichever you do! I love the step in both of those.

Beth, I'm with you on CLX now! Started today! Hmmm, not sure what I think! I did like it, but a few of the moves would have been more comfortable with the barbell, like you did today. I'll try it next time. I got 20's this weekend and there was one move where my arms were aching from holding them and I wasn't feeling it in my legs. I do think I'll like it, though. I'm definitely going to add more cardio, though.

Things went OK with my dad Friday, I think. Well, my mom thinks they went really well, DH not so much. She called him three different times to come and help and one time my dad fell in the bathroom. She realizes she needs help, but can't really afford more than just a few hours a day. I told her let's just take it one day at a time. She's looking into getting a lift to get him in and out of bed which will hopefully help.

The kids went and stayed overnight at their cousin's house Saturday night. My SIL is a saint! She has three of her own and insisted on keeping ours overnight. She said we've had a rough time lately and needed a break. We went to trivia night at our friend's church. It was OK, but I would have preferred going to a movie or dinner. But DH had already told some friends he would be on their team. It was so weird in the morning. Looking in the kids' empty bedrooms. I really missed them!

BBL...

Joanne

Hey Gals!

Been MIA due to my migraines and TOM nice combo that sidelined me :(

Today I feel a bit more human and can walk around without feeling as if I want to tear my head off so I did a premix from Drill Max and 1 round each in Lauren's kettlebell workout. Still not feeling 100% but a heck of a lot better than the past few days combined.

Joanne well good to know your folks did ok on Friday, I'll be praying for you all. How nice of your SIL to give you and your dh a break.

Waves to Hottie, Beth, Chris & all who follow.

picture.php

Joanne, I'll bet it was the squats that got your arms sore, wasn't it? That's what did it for me. If you have a weighted vest, wear that so that you don't have to hold so much in your hands.

On your father..... do you think he has enough upper body strength to pull himself out of bed? My MIL has a sort of stripper pole with some bends in it that allow her to pull herself out of bed. She got one at her place, and then when she came to stay with us last summer we installed one in the guest room. It really allows her to be much more self-sufficent -- getting up to go to the bathroom on her own at night and all. She still needs a lot of help, but that works for her and may be less expensive. We got it at some medical supply place.

Vilma -- hope you are over the migraines for a while!!!

-Beth

Hey Girls!

I'm alive! Barely. Have to chalk it for a crappy weekend. We had a snow storm Saturday night & wrong as it may be , I *prayed* that my son's CCD would be canceled. It was not. But the roads were REALLY bad, so I bailed on it. Maybe that's why God blessed me with a horrible headache when I got up Sunday afternoon. *sigh* I did everything to try to get rid of it, but it kept on. And I had some MAJOR "headache" issues (roommate families battling!) to deal with at work. It was a very long night. Oh yeah, and I thought I'd eat "better" and ate fiber rich snacks Sunday, and my belly was KILLING me! Not so pleasant. Ya'd think since I snacked "wisely" I ate well this weekend, but I did not. I binged on not so healthy stuff too. And then my boys were little poop-heads to the sitter (they fought with each other incessantly)..... :confused:

On to Monday! YAY for Mondays!!! My headache is 90% gone, so I got up and did FF's workout for today. It was a cool mixture of PUB & GS Chest & Triceps. I FRIED my chest! Listen to this, after doing PUB Chest and then repeating the UP portion again, I did the 72 Drop-set Pushups from GS: Chest! Holy quiverness! I could barely lift myself up on a few of those!

Hottie: Wondering which workout you did, either is fun and both I've not done in a dog's day! Love those workouts though! How is your hand doing?

Beth: What is "BC1"? Is this a repeat of last week's CLX work or new stuff? I liked using the vest for extra weight last week on PS LEGS. It definitely saved my arms from holding so heavy and my legs REALLY got worked.

Joanne: It doesn't sound like Friday went GREAT , your dad falling isn't so good. I hope your mom realizes she needs a bit more help. I hope they can work something out for them. It's so hard for everyone. What's the next step? When will he be discharged from rehab? ... So basically, you liked your first CLX today? You'll have to let us know how you feel tomorrow.... Too funny about missing the kids. I feel the same way when they sleep over someone else's house. LOL!

Vilma: Your weekend sounds as good as mine! I feel for ya on the headache. I was in agony yesterday and had to work. Ick Ack YUCK! Drill Max is a goodie!! Glad you felt up to doing something today!...

Off to shower and then whip something up for supper.....

Hi again ladies!

Chris, oh, I've prayed for CCD to be canceled, too - don't feel bad! Ours is at 8:45 on Sunday mornings. I hate the timing of it. DH is ambivalent about the whole thing, so I take them and then we go to mass afterwards. This Sunday we skipped mass, I had a headache, too. I felt guilty, but hope God understands! I've been feeling kind of crappy, too. Headaches and just blah. I think it's not getting enough sleep for me. I feel a bit better today. I was home and the kids were at school so I took a couple short naps. My dad is being discharged on the 22nd. Right now my mom is calling places and interviewing them to find a caretaker for probably five days a week, 3-4 hours a day. She'll also get nursing care but I'm not sure how often that is. We're going along with her starting out with fewer hours and figure she'll see how she'll need more and increase it. There is the money issue, though. It's just really tough. It'll work out somehow, but it's stressful trying to figure this all out.

Beth, yea, I think it was the squats and maybe one of the lunge sequences, too, that was tough on my arms. I did like it, though. My dad used to have pretty good arm strength and could pull himself up and we do have some bars on his bed. But in the last few months he's lost it and therapy isn't helping.

Hey Vilma. Hope you are feeling even better tomorrow. Alot of us seem to have the blahs. ;(

Tomorrow I'm going to attempt Amy's Advanced Step Challenge 3 all the way through. This weekend I got through the first three combos. I previewed the fourth and fifth and I think I can do them. What a fun workout, though! Ivy, was it you that has done it? Maybe Kathy, too?

The weather here is just crazy. We have a blizzard warning for tonight. The temperatures will be below zero for most of the rest of the week with another snow storm coming in Wednesday. I'm sensing a snow day or two this week! Hopefully for me, too, not just the kids!

Time to pick up Ian from BB practice....have a good evening everyone.

Joanne

Hey everyone..

Quick fly by while my sister is getting the baby to sleep. I got to workout this afternoon while Lauren played with Keira, my niece...I did 4Day split Kickbox workout..

Joanne: I have done ASC3 and it is a tricky one. I have gotten a couple of the combos down. I know that last one I need LOTS of work on...Have fun with it and stay warm!!

Try to checkin tomorrow...Have a great evening ladies..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.